Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Although its generally full of 'celeb' news and Royal stories these days, I tend to check out the Independent's website at least once a day to see if there is any Irish news worth a read.

But simply can't anymore as there are 2 huge kids either side of the screen jumping up and down....they are so distracting you can't read the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Some absolute inconsiderate **** parked behind 2 cars outside of the shop and went in to get the newspaper. The 2 people he parked behind and to do all sorts of reversing to get out. He blocked up the whole car park because of his ignorance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

There should be a law about people in work talking to you before 9am in the morning.

This week has just been a bitch and I've been in a bitch of a mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Getting stuck in slow moving traffic for ages and my clutch leg getting a dose of the wobbles:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kfallon wrote: »
    Best to rest it for a few days. Difene spray can be magic for this kinda stuff but it's prescription only

Tiger Balm can work some magic as well, or soaking in epsom salts.

I'm annoyed with myself today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Stomach is grand today, back is killing me tho ffs.

Getting old is no fun. Annoyed that no matter what exercise I do it's usually followed by some pain after.

I'll win this battle with my body, the mind is stronger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Best to rest it for a few days. Difene spray can be magic for this kinda stuff but it's prescription only
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Tiger Balm can work some magic as well, or soaking in epsom salts.

I'm annoyed with myself today!

Lashing on the Voltarol. Went running this morning. Ah sure I'm a total disaster. It almost feels like if I'm not running fast enough that's when the pain starts. So I ran faster.

Totally at odds with myself today. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

northgirl wrote: »
    Lashing on the Voltarol. Went running this morning. Ah sure I'm a total disaster. It almost feels like if I'm not running fast enough that's when the pain starts. So I ran faster.

Try Biofreeze too .I find it brilliant for a tendon problem I have .I use it in between using Voltrol gel

https://mccabespharmacy.com/biofreeze-pain-relieving-gel-4oz.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ever get a gait analysis done? Could be footwear related.

I still need to get it done! I've been putting it off for years but it's so simple to get done.

I know the feeling, I'm terrible at pacing myself when running. By 4km I'm done, bollixed and a sweaty mess.

I always think that if I have a pain then more exercise will help, it'll get the area of the injury going again and say, for example my back, it'll loosen it up. Just leads to more pain once I stop.

Tl;dr I'm a tit

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Try Biofreeze too .I find it brilliant for a tendon problem I have .I use it in between using Voltrol gel

https://mccabespharmacy.com/biofreeze-pain-relieving-gel-4oz.html

Bio freeze is nothing compared to Difene Spray. That stuff is magic in a bottle

I know the feeling, I'm terrible at pacing myself when running. By 4km I'm done, bollixed and a sweaty mess.

I always think that if I have a pain then more exercise will help, it'll get the area of the injury going again and say, for example my back, it'll loosen it up. Just leads to more pain once I stop.

Tl;dr I'm a tit
    4km is normally start to find my pace and I'm bollixed by then :mad::mad:

I just want to get to running a clean paced 5km injury free. It's happening tonight. You heard it here first....and yes, like you I will be running through pain to try to heal it ha!

EDIT: I should add that this time last year I was running 10KM a few times a week for bleedin fun

Ever get a gait analysis done? Could be footwear related.

I still need to get it done! I've been putting it off for years but it's so simple to get done.

Tl;dr I'm a tit

I did have a few done. I'm quite hypermobile and never do any supporting excercises that I should be doing in order to maintain the running. Essentially I am not looking after myself properly and deserve no sympathy!

Going to start next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bio freeze is nothing compared to Difene Spray. That stuff is magic in a bottle

Yep , I said in between the Voltrol ( Difene ) And I find the biofreeze great so I guess its an individual thing really

I did have a few done. I'm quite hypermobile and never do any supporting excercises that I should be doing in order to maintain the running. Essentially I am not looking after myself properly and deserve no sympathy!

Going to start next week :)

I'm too old now to not be stretching before and after exercise. If I just went off running or playing ball without a warm up I'd be a model for an injury.

Still, as long as I'm able bodied I'll keep going cos I know there are people out there who would love to run or exercise who physically can't. Think it would be insulting to them to just say I can't be bothered to push myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've come to the conclusion I hate android studio default_sleep.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I switched to a new contraceptive pill and its giving me such low moods.
    I'm like a psychopath since I started it, mood swings constantly and crying over nothing. Sometimes being a woman isn't fun :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I saw a fox today and it was emancipated and sad looking :(
    Looked like it needed a big dinner a wash and a cuddle

Stop destroying their natural homes, they were there first :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Have doctors appointment this morning. Am here in the waiting room for over half an hour now. Woman walked in behind me on her mobile. She's still on it half an hour later. There are some magazines on a table for patients. She has just read out the contents of a Hello magazine to the chap she's talking to. That saves the rest of us in the waiting room from having to read it. Don't know how I would have got through the day without knowing Kristen Dunst is pregnant. Maybe it's an old magazine, dunno.
    Oh good she's just got off the phone.

• Advertisement

AArgrgggrgrrhhh, retest for NCT is supposed to be done by today.
    Try to get a retest slot for today, but the next available booking is 1st May.

I know this is all my doing as well.

Got in touch with the NCT and they managed to sort me out with a slot tonight, they were actually deadly about it. Now I just need to get the little thing fixed between now and then and try to figure out how/whn I can do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

NIMAN wrote: »
    Although its generally full of 'celeb' news and Royal stories these days, I tend to check out the Independent's website at least once a day to see if there is any Irish news worth a read.

But simply can't anymore as there are 2 huge kids either side of the screen jumping up and down....they are so distracting you can't read the page.

Plus they make it impossible to have an oul shneaky read during work. They might as well stick a big flashing banner on the screen that shouts "LOOK AT ME, I'M NOT DOING ANY WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Them stupid looking German style pressed plates (especially on Japanese cars)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

People who think it's ok to pick at your food when they finish theirs first. Between the two humans I share my house with I invariably have someone else's hand in my food at some stage each meal. Getting really really fed up of it and can't check the toddler for it when he sees his daddy doing it.

I'm sitting on the train and all I can see are lovely clear chins, taunting me. Mine is blemishy and Dr Google tells me it's called perioral dermatitis.
    Fücking contraceptive and fücking hormones :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Whispered wrote: »
    People who think it's ok to pick at your food when they finish theirs first. Between the two humans I share my house with I invariably have someone else's hand in my food at some stage each meal. Getting really really fed up of it and can't check the toddler for it when he sees his daddy doing it.

After a fair warning, a fork through the hand of the grown-up thief would be entirely justified. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

New Home wrote: »
    After a fair warning, a fork through the hand of the grown-up thief would be entirely justified. :mad:

Fork and knife if it's chips..don't touch my chips.ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who "wash" their hands after using the bathroom by doing a single desultory pass under the taps without using soap or even rubbing their hands togther. Why even bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 antrim14

TA when I buy new towels and all they do is move the water around your skin rather than dry it until after the first 4 or 5 washes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Watching youtube on the PC and pressing pause because the phone rings. Press space bar to pause... down the page scrolls. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

AArgrgggrgrrhhh, retest for NCT is supposed to be done by today.
    Try to get a retest slot for today, but the next available booking is 1st May.

I know this is all my doing as well.

Got in touch with the NCT and they managed to sort me out with a slot tonight, they were actually deadly about it. Now I just need to get the little thing fixed between now and then and try to figure out how/whn I can do that!

(Emmm did you not have 30 days???)

• Advertisement

heldel00 wrote: »
    (Emmm did you not have 30 days???)
    Yes. I did get everything sorted and it failed again on one of the things, that took 2 weeks. And I just haven't had a chance to sort it out and a bit of procrastination because I have to go back to the garage and give out to them for costing me more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just read an article which mixed metric and imperial measurements in one sentence :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Did it convert you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

What was intended for T.H. has found a new home here. :mad: Think I just stumbled upon the most gorgeous-looking similarly-aged guy I've seen so far on my online travels only a few minutes later to realize I got a like from a 77y.o. :mad::(:( I think that's the oldest yet. :/ If I ever get liked or messaged by a 90y.o. which I'm waiting for to happen! It may then be time to exit the Online-Dating World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

took 5 hours to book a trip away (well two trips really) thought i would be delighted and just feel meh.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just off the phone to Sky.
    Enough said really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Headphones on in work mean I'm busy so stop asking me stupid **** that you should know. Sap

Enough said really.

My sympathies... :pac:

Enough said really.

Can't imagine they are worse than UPC/Virgin.....call centre in Phillipines :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can't imagine they are worse than UPC/Virgin.....call centre in Phillipines :rolleyes:

Oh I dono about that.

“After the tone, please tell relay your problem”

The tv isn’t working.

“Sorry, we didn’t understand you. After the tone please relay your problem”

The TV isn’t WORKING

“Sorry, we didn’t understand you. After the tone please relay your problem”

THE FCUKING TV ISNT WORKINNNNNNGGG

200w.gif

• Advertisement

Sorry but I wish I could thank your post more than once :D:D:D

Btw did you try turning it off and back on again *runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went to the cinema to see The Avengers. We were half an hour early but it was already sold out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Oncall for the weekend. I just got paged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

When you start laughing at inappropriate times.

Two canvassers called in the other evening and I don't get ever offended or annoyed by them even if I don't agree. They were being really serious and for no reason I just couldn't stop laughing. I had to say "sorry, I can't help it" but they didn't acknowledge it and just kept going on for about 5 minutes!

I'm fairly sure they had a conversation between them after they left about whether or not I was a psychopath or stoned! :/:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

That millisecond of panic and missed heartbeat when ya drive around a corner to be met with a Garda checkpoint up the road. Even though all your details are in order!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

On the whole food picking etiquette, it reminded me of a TA from a few weeks ago that I forgot to vent about on here. Perish the thought!

At a 40th birthday party meal for my OH's extended family- large group of us taking up about half the restaurant. No designated seating so sat where we wanted. Of course, a complete randomer (but a friend of the birthday girl) sat down beside me.

Now I am sure she is a lovely woman, but of course two minutes into the introductions she identified herself as a veggie. That's fair enough-very common these days. Why the feck then did she feel the need to ogle everyone else's dishes in her vicinity? She even had the gall to try out at least two other people's starters, and another fellas main, neither of which were vegetarian dishes mind you. Bearing in mind, she didn't know any of the people around her that she was picking food from, it was the height of ignorance.

I made sure to form a protective barrier with my left arm to shield my duck noodles from her prying fork. IT'S MY FOOD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I’m TA at myself for not having enough courage in social situations. I’m away with students on a French exchange at the moment and the second anyone tries to speak to me in French I just freeze up completely! The other teacher I’m with has had to do all the talking, which isn’t fair. I can put together sentences in my head fairly adequately, but when it comes to saying them out loud I just lose all confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

On the whole food picking etiquette, it reminded me of a TA from a few weeks ago that I forgot to vent about on here. Perish the thought!

At a 40th birthday party meal for my OH's extended family- large group of us taking up about half the restaurant. No designated seating so sat where we wanted. Of course, a complete randomer (but a friend of the birthday girl) sat down beside me.

Now I am sure she is a lovely woman, but of course two minutes into the introductions she identified herself as a veggie. That's fair enough-very common these days. Why the feck then did she feel the need to ogle everyone else's dishes in her vicinity? She even had the gall to try out at least two other people's starters, and another fellas main, neither of which were vegetarian dishes mind you. Bearing in mind, she didn't know any of the people around her that she was picking food from, it was the height of ignorance.

I made sure to form a protective barrier with my left arm to shield my duck noodles from her prying fork. IT'S MY FOOD!
    JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

nermal15 wrote: »
    I’m TA at myself for not having enough courage in social situations. I’m away with students on a French exchange at the moment and the second anyone tries to speak to me in French I just freeze up completely! The other teacher I’m with has had to do all the talking, which isn’t fair. I can put together sentences in my head fairly adequately, but when it comes to saying them out loud I just lose all confidence.

French people love it so much when you make the effort to speak the language, never mind your grammar or your accent, you will be the lovely Irish lady trying to speak the language. I know it's really hard to take the plunge.
    PM if you need help, I'm fairly handy with it, what with being born there...:rolleyes: (no flipping credit in it !)

edit : if you can at all, try to squeeze in "je suis irlandaise" to let them know you're not ... ahem... you know... of another nationality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Word counts! It is so hard to compress a sh1t-tonne of information into less than 10,000 words.

I'm trying a meditation App at the moment because my anxiety levels are through the roof, I'm getting chest pains among other issues. The man with the soothing voice keeps interrupting my meditation to tell me how I should be feeling.It actually really relaxed me the first couple of times I used it, now I can't seem to focus.

I'm trying to be healthy and I'm doing quite well. I've lost 10 pounds just from changing my diet and I'm sleeping better. But I cannot stop craving chocolate and sweets, I'm going to give in at some point. No willpower.

A consequence of losing a few pounds is now my work trousers are slipping down my ar$e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement