Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

People who ring you while they are eating :mad: I can hear you chewing. So rude.
    I have some understanding if I ring you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The woman eating next to me yesterday who kept clearing her nasal passages.. loudly.. VILE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    The woman eating next to me yesterday who kept clearing her nasal passages.. loudly.. VILE

Ewww nasty :-|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

nermal15 wrote: »
    I’m TA at myself for not having enough courage in social situations. I’m away with students on a French exchange at the moment and the second anyone tries to speak to me in French I just freeze up completely! The other teacher I’m with has had to do all the talking, which isn’t fair. I can put together sentences in my head fairly adequately, but when it comes to saying them out loud I just lose all confidence.

I usually find a drink or 2 and I become fluent! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Lager gives me a blocked nose. And I really like lager :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I usually find a drink or 2 and I become fluent! ;)

That's it ! it worked wonders for me here in Ireland back in the days.

This comes to mind, what with having students hovering around all the time... ;)
    449529.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

fussyonion wrote: »

I am sorry but I am amused by that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,865 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who don't rinse the suds of cups/plates/etc when they are doing the washing up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

mohawk wrote: »
    People who ring you while they are eating :mad: I can hear you chewing. So rude.
    I have some understanding if I ring you.

My sister always rings me when she is smoking and that annoys me

I’d ask a question and then there is a 3/4 second delay cause I hear her dragging the cig and puffing before answering which annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

People who say "like" all the time! Every sentence has "like" all over the place.

So I was like... totally like TA'd like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,978 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Threads started by "a friend" of someone looking for advice.

After a couple of posts/questions, it's obvious the poster has to be the person in the particular situation.

When they try to maintain the facade, it just looks like they're making stuff up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

happyday wrote: »
    People who say "like" all the time! Every sentence has "like" all over the place.

So I was like... totally like TA'd like...

I worked with a girl who said " do you know what I mean " after every sentence
    Eventually it became " jemeen "
    So after every sentence a " jemeen " was added in . It was like nails on a blackboard .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

fussyonion wrote: »

It's hayfever season. I'm getting a blocked nose anyway.

My TA. Woken up again at 3:00 AM by work because I'm oncall. Why? To let me know that they might need me later. Back to bed after 90 minutes of waiting and they page me again at 7AM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Trying to drive at any kind of speed in this country is impossible.

Stuck behind an oul lad doing half the speed limit.

Then a lad with a trailer

Then an elderly lady who doesn't even notice the other cars on the road.

Then a tractor

Then a haulage truck.

Man I wish we had dual carriageway everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Trying to drive at any kind of speed in this country is impossible.

Stuck behind an oul lad doing half the speed limit.

Then a lad with a trailer

Then an elderly lady who doesn't even notice the other cars on the road.

Then a tractor

Then a haulage truck.

Man I wish we had dual carriageway everywhere

At least it gave you time to update boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Katie Taylor''s voice.

Never sleeping properly. Constantly waking up with headaches. Always one day of the weekend written off feeling like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

On lunch break, time ticking down.

Hungry for something quick/easy.

Reach only local fast food place.

Get out of car.

Approach door.

.....Family of five walk in seconds ahead of you.

Overhear the multi directional banter about how Tom wants nuggets and Suzy wants coke...no sprite, no fanta, do they have fanta mummy.

You will now have to be party to this for the 20 mins these scumbags take to order, and re-order, their 16 piece €37 buffet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Doing some bits at home and just before I finished up, I put a lovely big slice in my hand with a Stanley blade. :(
    I had spent the morning warning my kids not to go near such things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

bit of a hangover......but I'm gonna be proactive now and head out soon.....for a few bottles of cider!

And fúck everybody who thinks I shouldn't :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My mam thinking she's God's gift to children, niece throwing a tantrum and instead of just letting her dad get on with it she's insisting on "helping"...

She was no great shakes at heading off our tantrums so don't know why she thinks she is qualified to advise on someone else's child....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You know you're perhaps not as young as you once were when you have become the "man" that random mammies threaten is going to give out if their children don't start behaving in public sharpish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Lack of understanding about migraines :(

Lack of understanding about migraines :(

Person I work with always goes on about having a migraine. Obviously hasn't a clue cos if you have a proper migraine, looking at a screen is nigh on impossible. It's home, pull the curtains and lie in the bed praying that it will stop sooner rather than later.

That awful feeling when you get the 'migraine vision' and you know that the headache will be along within a half hour :(

Unannounced callers. Aaaaaaaaarrrrgh.
    It's Sunday, I'm hungover, big fry up, telly for the day, lots of tea and snacks. Happy. Then......ding dong "it's only us". Brother, wife and 3 small kids. Had to turn off the F1 and put on stupid cartoons, make tea and snacks and sit through chit chat about the weather and other mind numbing non events.
    I'll have to have a word during the week, this has been done before. And I said it to him. Text beforehand to see if it suits. It's so easy.
    Afternoon ruined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mother-in-law. Although it's gone far beyond trivial now at this stage. A major row is slowly brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I found my first grey hair. I am traumatised!!!

Mother-in-law. Although it's gone far beyond trivial now at this stage. A major row is slowly brewing.
    Let me guess, no matter what you do it's not right.

Do delve deeper. Please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Let me guess, no matter what you do it's not right.

Do delve deeper. Please

We'd be here all day but, attention seeking narcissistic user and advantage taker, sums up it briefly.
    Not so much that it's not right, but whatever is done for her, it's never enough and another drama will be created and naturally she'll be the centre of attention. Came home in tears because of her the other night. I'm honestly just so drained from her. :(

• Advertisement

At a very tragic funeral the other day. 2 priests, one of whom had the deceased's name incorrect and repeated it throughout the mass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    So after every sentence a " jemeen " was added in . It was like nails on a blackboard .

Telpis !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Liars!

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Was she from Cork by any chance? we love saying that down here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Washed my car earlier on. Not even an hour later went out ot top up the water for windscreen. SIX massive bird sh!t$ all over the roof and windscreen. I couldn't believe it.

TA is my neighbour who feeds the birds daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Liars!

Was she from Cork by any chance? we love saying that down here :pac:

No Wexford , jemeen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

KatW4 wrote: »
    I found my first grey hair. I am traumatised!!!
    Wait until you find the first one "down below" :eek: You'll need therapy :pac:

• Advertisement

People who break promises, alcoholic brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Home Alone is on Film4. It is sacrilege to show this at a non Christmas time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

During the "snow" I developed a taste for new to me/market bread, it has a red/white wrapper and refers to itself as "polish", even though its baked in the city.

TA, hearing my girls(visiting for the weekend) bickering about if I'm being racist calling it polish bread.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

People who break promises, alcoholic brothers.
    Alcoholics are ar$eholes who are too selfish to acknowledge the devastation they cause around them. I was beaten up by more than one (female) relative who was on a binge and I've had to cut them out of my life but god bless them, it's an illness and not their fault and I should be more supportive :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Internet is broken. Don't have a telly. Very TAd

• Advertisement

The thought of work in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Snowseer

Stressed, and have a nice line between my eyebrows because I'm apparently frowning in my sleep. Very attractive. Next will be jaw pain from clenching my teeth. Stupid stress.

Eaten too much and will never sleep. Will I ever learn? The Sunday night binge. Alcohol might be a better bet :rolleyes:

Eaten too much and will never sleep. Will I ever learn? The Sunday night binge. Alcohol might be a better bet :rolleyes:

I do the same every Sunday :D
    Between eating too much and the drink from yesterday I'll be lucky to get a couple of hours sleep. But will I do it again next week.....of course I will :rolleyes:

Taking a sleeper. It might give me some hope. Next week I shall go jogging on Sunday evening :pac: (Or Monday, as it's a bank holiday)

I wish I knew if my cats were okay :(

I wish I knew if my cats were okay :(

Where are your cats KatW4 ? are you away from them ?

Where are your cats KatW4 ? are you away from them ?

They're with my ex who won't let me see them. It's been almost a year since I saw them last. All I want is to know they're okay but no one will speak to me or let me know anything about them.

Sorry for the rant, just very upset tonight over them.

Sorry for the rant, just very upset tonight over them.

That's ok, I'd be upset too in your situation :(

I'm TA that I have something on again tomorrow at 7 pm.
    For the past few months I have consistently had something on Monday evening/nights after work, then Tuesday evenings, then Thursday evenings, meaning I'd never be home until either 8.30 or even up to 10 pm.

Now my Monday evenings were supposed to be finished, and something else popped up to replace them right away !
    At least this one is supposed to be a one off, hopefully the Monday after I'll get to be at home.

edit : just remembered next Monday is bank holiday ! yeay free Monday !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Oh Jesus, I've just climbed into bed and Taylor Swift's song Gorgeous has somehow wormed it's way into my head. Pray for me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement