Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    They're with my ex who won't let me see them. It's been almost a year since I saw them last. All I want is to know they're okay but no one will speak to me or let me know anything about them.

Sorry for the rant, just very upset tonight over them.

That's heartbreaking to read default_sleep.png, The fecker :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It looks like a midge or mosquito or something had his dinner on my leg last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

30 minutes late for work this morning because of rubbernecker idiots staring at a crash on the westlink. FFS like just move on! It's a fender bender!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Lost my house key this morning. FFS.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Came into work fresh as a daisy today, charged up after a lovely weekend.

The guy beside me wont stop yawning and I'd say is about to fall asleep within the next 5 - 10 minutes.
    The heating is on in my office. Yes, the heating is on and it's uncomfortable hot. There are about 3 people out of 20 in my area that like it this way and they seem to always win the thermostat war.

So now with Yawny McYawnerson beside me, and the womb like temperature, my fresh as a daisy feeling is draining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Someone I know whose name begins with ‘S’ always signs off on things with a backwards S? Like why do you do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Usual internal battle of "I want to go out for lunch but I can't afford it" going on here. It's always particularly bad on Mondays, for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Usual internal battle of "I want to go out for lunch but I can't afford it" going on here. It's always particularly bad on Mondays, for some reason.

Battled that for my partners with packing him lunches everyone's jealous of now. Healthier and cheaper. Otherwise he'd just splash the money on crap and when sitting all day with most lunches you wouldn't do your figure a favour either.
    (Sorry if I can't cheer you up like I want to with it!)

northgirl wrote: »
    Lost my house key this morning. FFS.

My house key was found - TH (wrong thread I know but had to give the update :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd that there is a bomb scare in Connolly Station but our office is too far away to be evacuated :P

Would have liked a half day in this nice weather

LirW wrote: »
    Battled that for my partners with packing him lunches everyone's jealous of now. Healthier and cheaper. Otherwise he'd just splash the money on crap and when sitting all day with most lunches you wouldn't do your figure a favour either.
    (Sorry if I can't cheer you up like I want to with it!)

I always bring my own and it's always lovely (cause I'm an excellent cook, if I do say so myself!) and it still doesn't stop the "Will I/won't I?" internal monologue at least once a week.

I took to leaving my wallet at home to remove any choice in the matter, but unfortunately I have it with me today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

7 degrees, pissing rain and windy. TA'd that I have to go out with the kids again this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I always bring my own and it's always lovely (cause I'm an excellent cook, if I do say so myself!) and it still doesn't stop the "Will I/won't I?" internal monologue at least once a week.

I took to leaving my wallet at home to remove any choice in the matter, but unfortunately I have it with me today.

Oh dear, I know what you mean, secretly I'm awful in that regard and suddenly the neatest lunch looks lame when McDonald's is around the corner, I hate it!

TA annoyed about the frost this morning on my car, it is almost May for god's sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I have an interview this afternoon, so of course a spot has developed on my nose. I'm a 43 year old man! A spot! For the first time in a decade... ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Today - everything and everyone. Walking down the street and you catch people looking at you - why do strangers do that? No I do not want to make eye contact with you thanks all the same.

People people everywhere.... In the canteen, on the bus, in front of me while I try to pick something from the shelf in the shop. Eugh, go away world.

Also pointless statements like, "ah sure look"/ "it is what it is"/ "we are where we are" - no sh*t Sherlock. People who say they will "action" something.

People who start any sentence with "so".

Banks insisting on using statements referring to "backing doing"/ "backing brave" etc. F*ck F*ck F*ck off...

"Celebrity gossip" - nobody cares.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I just realised that Vodafone stopped their cherry points promotion. EDIT: I get at least three notifications a week from them all with the same content, but when they stop something like that, not a peep. I had quite a few points, too. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that I still haven't heard back from the place that I had a (really good) job interview the other day. He said he'd definitely call! Maybe I'm just being impatient though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Controversial I know but my TA this lunchtime is old people. They're just walking slowly and stopping in the middle of the street/aisle randomly. I have a limited lunchtime and a ****load of stuff to do. The shops were like a slalom course trying to manoeuvre around them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA'd that I still haven't heard back from the place that I had a (really good) job interview the other day. He said he'd definitely call! Maybe I'm just being impatient though :o

Relax. Slow down, speed kills :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

kfallon wrote: »
    Relax. Slow down, speed kills :)

Ugh I know, I just hate waiting for the phone to ring :o

• Advertisement

Just heard that my pod in work is being reconfigured so instead of me, a guy I actually like (a rarity for me!) and a hot desk, it's going to be me, him and two new people. Not happy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Have to do an online course. I did the wrong one and now have to go back and do the proper one. I'm annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Have to wait for the wash to finish before I can go to bed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I let a woman go ahead of me in the supermarket and she never said thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I let a woman go ahead of me in the supermarket and she never said thanks.

Nothing more annoying when people don't acknowledge that kind of thing :mad:

Kettle just packed in and blew a fuse :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

northgirl wrote: »
    Kettle just packed in and blew a fuse :mad:

You'll have to use a saucepan for your cuppa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

TG1 wrote: »
    Have to wait for the wash to finish before I can go to bed...
    My tumble dryer drives me absolutely mental. It dries the clothes grand but it won't shut the fcuk up when it's finished. It beeps to let you know the cycle is over. Grand. But then it beeps about ten times once a minute for five minutes. Then it stops for about five minutes but will start beeping ten times a minute for another five minutes :mad: Why did manufacturers think this was a good idea??? It means I can't just put the clothes in the dryer, turn it on and have nice dry clothes in the morning. FFS. Why can't it be like the washing machine that beeps once when it's finished and then goes to sleep :(

You'll have to use a saucepan for your cuppa.

It's my hot water bottle I'm more worried about! :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    My tumble dryer drives me absolutely mental. It dries the clothes grand but it won't shut the fcuk up when it's finished. It beeps to let you know the cycle is over. Grand. But then it beeps about ten times once a minute for five minutes. Then it stops for about five minutes but will start beeping ten times a minute for another five minutes :mad: Why did manufacturers think this was a good idea??? It means I can't just put the clothes in the dryer, turn it on and have nice dry clothes in the morning. FFS. Why can't it be like the washing machine that beeps once when it's finished and then goes to sleep :(

My microwave is the same. Five beeps, repeated at regular intervals to infinity. :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm loving the warmer weather and longer days. It means that I get to spend my evenings out doing gardening again but those ba$tard midges are back :mad: I was out in the garden yesterday and it was a calm evening so the little feckers were out in full force. I admitted defeat and went inside, only to wake up this morning to loads of their little scratchy hives. They are bigger as$holes than wasps.

I had to watch this to cheer me up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

New Home wrote: »
    My microwave is the same. Five beeps, repeated at regular intervals to infinity. :mad:

Yup, my washing machine does this too, drives me mental!

Must root out the manual, maybe there's a way to disable it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Would you try a timer and time the power to shut off shortly after the drying cycle has finished?

TA the dog is hyper clingy for some reason at the moment. Always under my feet, always wanting what I am eating, if I go out to the garden, he's walking in front of me, go back in and he's walking in front of me again, then stops suddenly and I nearly trip up. Get the car keys and he barks the house down. I go upstairs and he he's up after me, go back down again and he barks for me to go up and bring him down (for some reason he can't come down the stairs himself). I'm going to sneak out to my garden shed in a few minutes to try and eat an apple in peace.

This, a million times: dryer & washer. I thought it was just my brand (Miele) but maybe it's an industry-wide stupidity. And then you follow the instructions on the screen to 'Press Finish', but that's not enough because another beep beep then starts and won't turn off until you press the machine off button. So much for putting washing/drying on before you go to bed!

My ta: people who put dishes and clean cloths in the sink, and pour tea, coffee etc on them. Why? You do know they'll all have to be rinsed and taken out again and in the meantime they are preventing people from filling up kettles, emptying pots, washing individual items quickly and so forth? Simple practice: put dirty dishes on one side of the sink, and when the dishes are being washed they can be taken in order for washing - e.g. glasses first into the clean water and the dirtier things later. It's no exaggeration to say that some people (the eternally late brigade, the drama queens, the "oh my God I can't believe there's so much traffic/that meeting took so long, etc." types) don't even think 5 minutes ahead in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭donegal_man

......TA the dog is hyper clingy for some reason at the moment......

If this has started out of the blue it could be there's been a big change in the routine at home causing the dog to be stressed or maybe he's developed an illness and needs a trip to the vet.

Would you try a timer and time the power to shut off shortly after the drying cycle has finished?
    I do put them on a timer but it's the same crap with all the beeping. I don't know how to time the power to shut off and this isn't a criticism aimed at you as I know you are only trying to help but I shouldn't have to programme the dryer to shut the fcuk up. What the hell were manufactures thinking?

I hope they all live in houses where their washing machines, dryers, microwaves etc all go on a bleeping rampage and drive them mental :pac:

If this has started out of the blue it could be there's been a big change in the routine at home causing the dog to be stressed or maybe he's developed an illness and needs a trip to the vet.

Thanks Donegal-man. Will be taking him to the vet this week for his shots, so will have him checked. There's been a change in the routine at home allright in that I recently reduced my working hours meaning that I am at home more often. The mornings I get up to go to work, he's back to normal (maybe he just likes his space and doesn't want me around!).

TA it's too warm when the heating is on, and too cold when it's off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Got a McDonald's and was eating a Mozarella Dipper thing. I put it down to help my bf open his stupid salsa sauce. When I looked up the little **** had taken my Mozarella Dipper!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

I'm considering retraining as a tumble dryer beep disabler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

KatW4 wrote: »
    Got a McDonald's and was eating a Mozarella Dipper thing. I put it down to help my bf open his stupid salsa sauce. When I looked up the little **** had taken my Mozarella Dipper!!!

P6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why is the world now full of "challenges" rather than problems?

Archeron wrote: »

How about house alarm beep disabler too - the battery in mine is low and it waits til just now to start beeping to let me know. It will beep every few minutes all night until I can get somebody out tomorrow hopefully to replace it. This always happens at night same with batteries in smoke alarms

I do put them on a timer but it's the same crap with all the beeping. I don't know how to time the power to shut off and this isn't a criticism aimed at you as I know you are only trying to help but I shouldn't have to programme the dryer to shut the fcuk up. What the hell were manufactures thinking?

I hope they all live in houses where their washing machines, dryers, microwaves etc all go on a bleeping rampage and drive them mental :pac:

I think he meant one of these timers - when they switch off, there's no electricity, so in theory the machine can't beep.

s-l1000.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Well if you do, you should expand to deal with my dryer too...

My dryer doesn't beep, which would actually be grand since it's in a shed about 50 ft from the house so I wouldn't care either way BUT...

... major TA of mine is also a design feature whereby it never actually switches off for good.
    There's this thing that will make it spin automatically every half hour or hour to keep your freshly dried laundry crease free.

Meaning if I put it on at night, say around 10 pm, the fekcing thing will be spinning intermittently until morning, unless I cross my yard to go open the door and switch it off manually.

I'd rather have money in my pocket than crease free laundry thank you very much, and having to constantly monitor the freaking thing to ensure it doesn't go into that mode is a dose.

New Home wrote: »
    I think he meant one of these timers - when they switch off, there's no electricity, so in theory the machine can't beep.
    I know he was being helpful, and so are you, but we wouldn't even be having this conversation if manufacturers would go back to old school rules of the machine beeping once when it has finished it's cycle and then shutting the feck up :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Microwave drives me insane. My one gives 5 extremely loud beeps, which cannot be stopped by pressing any button or opening the microwave. It also beeps every minute until you take the food out.

I know he was being helpful, and so are you, but we wouldn't even be having this conversation if manufacturers would go back to old school rules of the machine beeping once when it has finished it's cycle and then shutting the feck up :P

Oh, I wasn't disputing that at all, I completely agree! :p:) It's like those annoying two minutes' lock the washing machines have. I understand they're there to stop children from getting in harm's way, but surely there should be a button to bypass that - imagine being stuck in your car because the child lock won't open for two minutes after the car has stopped! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

shark week :0

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Aethan Dor

The severe overuse if the term "My thoughts and prayers are with..."

Let's break that down literally.
    When X died or had a bad illness did you actually take 2 minutes of your time to bless yourself and say a prayer for them?
    Did you spend any more thought time of them apart from when you uttered/typed that BS?

I'm going to take umbrage with this.

I'm from Carlow but don't get back there much any more as I live and work in North Dublin area, have done for over 15 years.

A good friend of mines Dad passed away recently, it was a shock to me as it happened suddenly. When I lived in Carlow and saw my friend and was around at his house a lot I would've interacted with his lovely Dad regularly so when I messaged my friend after hearing the sad news I said the same or pretty similar to him about it and yes I did have thoughts to spare about how good and nice a man his Dad was and yes I did say a prayer for the familys grief at his loss.

That's the problem with death, it's not a fun topic, what else can you offer ?
    I'd believe a lot of people mean it when they say a phrase like that especially if they knew the person in question at all. Try to be less cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

This has me in stitches.. :D:D The Mammy loves her new-fandangled things. Everything in the house beeps. The Fridge beeps like its life depends on it if it's open for longer than a milisecond.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement