Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

TA'ed at the snowball effect of procrastination.... That I must clean up things I left undone yesterday, while facing what also needs done today to prepare for tomorrow.
    Freaked out and TA !

I was using a wheat bag this last while rather than a hot water bottle, and this evening it was smelling of burnt wheat when I took it out of the microwave. I aired it but still brought it to bed, thinking maybe I had left it a bit too long and it would cool down anyways... But it wasn't really cooling, and I didn't trust it. I put it in the sink and poured water on it (risk of fire freaks me out) and it went like I had poured water over hot coals !

That thing is going in the bin of course, but I'm annoyed as I loved it so much. Water bottle it is now I guess.

Very scary stories about wheat bags self igniting, thought I'd post this here, might warn someone else ! :eek:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/elder/10638872/Alert-over-dangers-of-wheat-bags-after-pensioner-dies.html
    Oh my, glad you are safe. That sounds dangerous!

Have you tried a rice bag? I leave mine in the freezer for a cool compress, then nuke it when I need a warm compress.... Every once in awhile I make a new one when it seems as if I over-heated the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

What kind of monsters would loudly sing happy birthday to a colleague in an open plan office? At 20 past 8 in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    What kind of monsters would loudly sing happy birthday to a colleague in an open plan office? At 20 past 8 in the morning?

Absolute bastards! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Nevin Maguire, all smiley and nice

“Hi, I’m Nevin Maguire, so I am, and today I’ll mak a curry, so I will. I’ll just just add a can of tumatahs, some chopped curryander and a bih of diced chicken. While I mash some avacadas”

Jesus man, you’re on the Telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

eisenberg1 wrote: »

“Hi, I’m Nevin Maguire, so I am, and today I’ll mak a curry, so I will. I’ll just just add a can of tumatahs, some chopped curryander and a bih of diced chicken. While I mash some avacadas”

CRINGE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The phrase "use your words" does my head in. It makes me cringe when I hear someone saying it to a child. I get the sentiment but it sounds so damn condescending or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cleaned and waxed the car.
    Got it just perfect so a seagul could have a dump on it about 15 minutes after the cleaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,977 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Most of people are probably going to disagree with me on this one. 

In a pharmacy yesterday and a mother with, I'd say a child just under 2 came in.
    Everything she did, she explained to the child;

"Come over to the counter, we need to give lady your prescription for your tummy tablets"

"I need to get toothpaste because yours at home is nearly gone"

"Let's go to the butchers while they're getting your tablets so we can get Dad his dinner".

All very normal, lovely for the child to be engaged in this way and she's obviously a very loving mother.

But..... I didn't need to hear every goddamn word. The rest of us weren't interested in yere conversation. The two customers who were chatting and had to stop while you explained that "all these people must have sick tummy's as well" because you were right beside them and they couldn't hear each other didn't need to hear it either.

Your child is wonderful, you're wonderful, your reward is in the post. No need to keep competing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

73Cat wrote: »
    The phrase "use your words" does my head in. It makes me cringe when I hear someone saying it to a child. I get the sentiment but it sounds so damn condescending or something.

I do it ! I use it occasionally with my grandchild when she huffs and puffs and sulks and pulls faces and we are supposed to know what her problem is .I then say it might be better if you use words to tell me whats up :D:pac:

And serve it in my restrunt so I will "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

And he's got 'the twins' you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I do it ! I use it occasionally with my grandchild when she huffs and puffs and sulks and pulls faces and we are supposed to know what her problem is .I then say it might be better if you use words to tell me whats up :D:pac:

I completely get the need to do that but it is just those three words !

Exhausted after hanging out the washing, my arms are aching from the weight of the duvet covers. Pegs incorrectly pegged on the line so they don't push up the line out of my way, always has to be a couple. Parts of the line that I just can't reach , briefly considered getting out the little step ladder but felt that was going a bit too far. And now the sky is blackening, FML:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I bought an amazing dress from an American website for a wedding I have in two weeks. I’m in between a small and a medium so for some reason I went for the small. The dress took three weeks to get here, forty euro in customs and when I took it out of the package I’m like wtf is that it won’t go on my big toe. So I tried it on and couldn’t get it up over my Tesco sandwich arse. So now I’m lumbered with a dress that won’t go on me, can’t order the medium cos I won’t have it in time, the realisation I’m no longer a size 8 and a Dominos and Donuts arse I need to lose in two weeks.

Shurrup, you sound bleedin perfect.

I got a message that my assistance was urgently needed on a conference call, so I joined the call. I think after a whole hour I said "Thanks, bye".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My colleagues all whinging about their weight while they hoover up the contents of the vending machine twice a day. These things aren't unrelated, ladies. One of them had FOUR slices of toast for her breakfast, followed by a can of coke and a Dairy Milk.

Also, I burnt the roof of my mouth on my dinner last night and just made the mistake of eating two very tart clementines. Yowch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My two eldest have postponed their birthday celebrations because they are active on different sides in the upcoming referendum. I'm working the bank holiday and the ref is the 25th, so my ta, when to schedule the party, before and they'll be too busy or distracted, too soon after and it will seem the other is gloating over the victory, later on, they and I will be travelling a lot.

Another one, as they lost out a bit on parties in their childhood I would usually do childish foods for whichever birthday wants them, but that kind of food seems inappropriate given the proximity to the 25th!

Ta2, flicking through the paper yesterday the one full of the cervical smear/breast check bad news and the upcoming ref, I absentmindedly comment how it's no country for women at the mo, this was responded by boysib who has had everything in his life handed or done for him by women. Its no country for men now either. Yea, cause its all about you!
    With your bodily autonomy, non-existent breast or cervical cancer, its all about you!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Looked at the pictures on my phone.

Found a selfie that my daughter took of her doing the peace sign and duck face.

sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I had a few pints last night. I'm tired. Piss of and leave me alone. Social interaction I want today is nil. Stop trying to drum up conversation with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I use this phrase on my missus but she's German and can either be totally silent or monosyllabic when I want a response :p

I'm being a grumpy cnut for no reason today and I'm annoying myself. Also need to cop myself on and book my flights home for the referendum. Going to cost me a fortune, it better pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Walking to work today.
    A good bit ahead of me theres a girl walking straight towards me so I move in plenty of time.

Defying logic, she moves again to be directly in my path.
    Its too late to move - we're in front on each other.

I get an 'oh sorry' and an affected giggle.

Same thing happens nearer work but this fella seems to want to walk into someone.

Perhaps he shouldn't have walked into a 18 stone man walking briskly to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Boom_Bap wrote: »

sigh
    Time to put her up for adoption ;)

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's crossed my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Definitely, I only use it to my wife, and very condescendingly.
    I think she knows I'm joking.

Massively TA'd by ****ty IT in an IT company. How hard is it to implement email?
    And no, I don't want to hear the gibberish details (I'm one of the non reconnaissance ppl) of the problem, I just like buttons to do what I expect when I click them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

TA about this busy store still operating some stone age contact policy. I'm up in Dublin tomorrow and want to fly and and pick something up I paid a while ago. The only way to get in touch with them is via phone but nobody ever picks up, you can request a call back. And ofc they call me when I'm in the car and can't take the call.
    So now I had to call them again saying I missed their call. Just hire a receptionist ffs, your store is busy enough for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The current government. Almost everything I read about them and especially when mininsters comment, I find myself raising an eyebrow too.

Seems to be scandal after scandal and the incompetence really bloody annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    Have you tried a rice bag?

Thanks, never actually ! I like that it's something I'd be able to make myself. I'm going to wash the cover of the wheat bag and I might just do my own thing like that. (it has a zip, and velcros inside to hold little bags of whatever in place)

My TA of the day is that I wasn't able to find SlimFast powder anywhere today ? :confused:

I never realized places stopped selling it, but I've done two spots where I used to find it and they don't stock it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I bought an amazing dress from an American website for a wedding I have in two weeks. I’m in between a small and a medium so for some reason I went for the small. The dress took three weeks to get here, forty euro in customs and when I took it out of the package I’m like wtf is that it won’t go on my big toe. So I tried it on and couldn’t get it up over my Tesco sandwich arse. So now I’m lumbered with a dress that won’t go on me, can’t order the medium cos I won’t have it in time, the realisation I’m no longer a size 8 and a Dominos and Donuts arse I need to lose in two weeks.

TA'ed that I'm hungry now after reading that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Since I look like a serial killer in my passport I went and bought a passport card. Which doesn't work at the e-gates I've tried in four EU Airports, including bloody Dublin! And I was treated like and arsehole by staff for assuming it should work in our countries main airport. Get rid of the CTA and join Schengen ffs!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

sigh
    Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's crossed my mind.

Try grounding her, first. Or tell her you'll be using all the ridiculous photos she takes to shame her in front of her friends and relatives for her 21st, or much sooner if needs be. Bound to work.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Every day seems to be a National Day of something or other lately. Today is "National Lumpy Rug" day among other obscure things.

• Advertisement

Drinks served in those jars with handles... Feic off - you're not different!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The current government. Almost everything I read about them and especially when mininsters comment, I find myself raising an eyebrow too.

Seems to be scandal after scandal and the incompetence really bloody annoys me.

Loved it when the head of Facebook was being questioned and the ministers doing the questioning said, "we cant believe you didn't know" (about the info being harvested) Now we're supposed to believe THEM, when they say "we didn't know"........Do we?:mad:

northgirl wrote: »
    Drinks served in those jars with handles... Feic off - you're not different!

I don't get what's wrong with a glass and a plate nowadays. Also food doesn't need to be deconstructed or served Tapas style.

LirW wrote: »
    I don't get what's wrong with a glass and a plate nowadays. Also food doesn't need to be deconstructed or served Tapas style.

Or those deep dishes with a salad tossed into it . You can't get the blessed knife and fork in efficiently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

And the 3 pill size drops of some sauce on the side, and a smear of something green... I can't taste it. The drop size thing. I don't know what it is. Stop doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Housemates decide to throw a party and they know I have exams :(

• Advertisement

Another pet hate of mine is food piled on top of each other. Like having for example some mash, then veg on it, then sauce, then your meat/fish. Looks nice, yes but it's so impractical to eat!

Adding a big glug of olive oil to my soup without asking if I want it first. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm getting a head cold... right in time for my weekend away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That Vodafone "who the heck is Brian" ad. The phone rings on the counter, the dad picks it up, young wan grabs it out of dad's hand, and doesn't answer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I hate having to assemble my meal when the food arrives, something in that bowl, something on that plate, something in that other bowl AND THE TABLE ISN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR ALL THE BOWLS AND PLATES but the server just drops everything somewhere on the table and legs it. Actually that's my biggest hatred, small tables:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And wobbly tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

New Home wrote: »
    And wobbly tables.

YES!

erica74 wrote: »
    I hate having to assemble my meal when the food arrives, something in that bowl, something on that plate, something in that other bowl AND THE TABLE ISN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR ALL THE BOWLS AND PLATES but the server just drops everything somewhere on the table and legs it. Actually that's my biggest hatred, small tables:mad:

Small tables and vases on them when there isn't even enough room for dishes and cutlery being placed on the wrong side - always!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

erica74 wrote: »

Always in Indian restaurants. Rice in one bowl, sauce in another bowl, separate third plate. Am I supposed to pour the sauce into the tiny rice bowl? Or pour the rice on top of the sauce? Or pour both onto the plate? But the sauce bowl is scalding hot and I can't pick it up so I try to spoon the sauce over to the plate. But now sauce is all over the tablecloth and not on the plate and the rice has come out in a clump and half of that has fallen off the plate too. Just :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Adding a big glug of olive oil to my soup without asking if I want it first. :mad:

What the fudge? olive oil in soup o_O.

What the fudge? olive oil in soup o_O.

I don't know... Farmgate in Cork do this...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Where I live is on lockdown because Ed Sheeran is playing in close proximity this weekend.
    Had to park the car a 25 minute walk away from our house last night, due to a mixture of all available spaces being gone (people had already started dumping their cars) and the lovely sound guards not believing we're residents, so not allowing us near our house.
    Apparently we should have utility bills on hand to prove we live locally but no one told us this. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,918 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

SusieBlue wrote:
    Where I live is on lockdown because Ed Sheeran is playing in close proximity this weekend. Had to park the car a 25 minute walk away from our house last night, due to a mixture of all available spaces being gone (people had already started dumping their cars) and the lovely sound guards not believing we're residents, so not allowing us near our house. Apparently we should have utility bills on hand to prove we live locally but no one told us this.

Object next time a concert is announced, citing your concerns, make sure your neighbors also do this, see if changes can be applied before the next concert

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Where I live is on lockdown because Ed Sheeran is playing in close proximity this weekend.
    Had to park the car a 25 minute walk away from our house last night, due to a mixture of all available spaces being gone (people had already started dumping their cars) and the lovely sound guards not believing we're residents, so not allowing us near our house.
    Apparently we should have utility bills on hand to prove we live locally but no one told us this. :mad:

I am imagining Cork is going to be a bit of a nightmare transport wise this weekend. Should be a great buzz around though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I am imagining Cork is going to be a bit of a nightmare transport wise this weekend. Should be a great buzz around though :)

Hopefully some talent around.😀

TA I'm still in bed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement