Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

waking up from a dream where I was feeling guilty and angry at myself for my behaviour, (Id said something insulting in an attempt to be humorous, been overheard by his wife who was upset and angry at me and I was trying to explain it and apologise and then the bloke himself was angry at me that Id upset his missus) and being in a grumpyarsed mood because of it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Randomly coughing up blood. Annoying to say the least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wrecked tired the last couple of days,as a result I did something stupid. Deleted a part of a program in work without a backup to put it back in place and of course things didn't go to plan.:(
    Back in later today to face the music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that I have to go back to normality again :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Randomly coughing up blood. Annoying to say the least!

Hope you're ok!
    Wrecked tired the last couple of days,as a result I did something stupid. Deleted a part of a program in work without a backup to put it back in place and of course things didn't go to plan.:(
    Back in later today to face the music.

Ohh dear :-/,hope it goes ok for ya!

Ta'd at people who don't flush after themselves, I nearly got sick upon seeing someone elses mess, disgusting !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA'd at my total indecision on everything today due to extreme tiredness. :(

Worrying about driving home today and how I'll get to the city tomorrow with the horror stories I'm hearing about the impending traffic chaos brought by the Sheeran event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    That Vodafone "who the heck is Brian" ad. The phone rings on the counter, the dad picks it up, young wan grabs it out of dad's hand, and doesn't answer it.

Sure everyone knows nobody under the age of 25 answers the phone anymore. She waited for it to stop ringing then WhatsApped him asking what he wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I have to get a photo taken for work.

I'm about as photogenic as a painters radio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Your Face wrote: »
    I have to get a photo taken for work.

I'm about as photogenic as a painters radio.

My passport photograph (old one) was described as "looks like the cellmate of a lesbian serial killer".

Current one got "aging alcoholic cabbage patch doll".

Pain is felt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Where I live is on lockdown because Ed Sheeran is playing in close proximity this weekend.
    Had to park the car a 25 minute walk away from our house last night, due to a mixture of all available spaces being gone (people had already started dumping their cars) and the lovely sound guards not believing we're residents, so not allowing us near our house.
    Apparently we should have utility bills on hand to prove we live locally but no one told us this. :mad:

Not much use now but maybe of use over the weekend
    If you have the credit card style driving licence that will have your address on it (though given you have to visit the offices to change address on it a lot of people don't keep them up to date), it should be a valid enough form of ID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

My passport photograph (old one) was described as "looks like the cellmate of a lesbian serial killer".

Current one got "aging alcoholic cabbage patch doll".

Pain is felt.

Customs workers can be so cruel.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Arrived at midland HQ to find that someone has tinkered around with the system there, spent too long trying to do simple online tasks because of the changes. Now I find that seaside HQ's system isn't synced up with Midland HQ and if the info gets through its jibberish. Bet it's not going to be fixed by the official finish of 4.15 for 5 today.:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek.

WTF is the point of creating a role like mine if the tech cant keeps up with me, if I have to redo the paperwork for each area again, there WILL be head rolling next week.

Missed appointments with my local dentist but was able to book a walk-in appointment with the hygienist in a local to where I was at the time, the tone in which she "enquired after my dental hygiene" was waspish to say the least and when I asked for clarification on some of the techniques she recommended, I was given approx half the info I needed. That, the gum loss and 90e payment, put me in bad mood for a day and a half. :(:(:(:(

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The grass is being cut in our park. It's taking forever and is so loud. Can't wait for a bit of peace and quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

When the weather is like this - there simply are not enough hours in the day to enjoy it totally. This is a very very minor TA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I was given a handful of Repeal the 8th bumper stickers last week, so I stuck one on my car. On Tuesday morning, it had disappeared. Never mind, I stuck another one on. This morning, it was gone again. I have a few more, so I don't mind, but I'm curious about who's snatching them. I have a feeling this is going to end with me hiding in the boot overnight.

• Advertisement

I was given a handful of Repeal the 8th bumper stickers last week, so I stuck one on my car. On Tuesday morning, it had disappeared. Never mind, I stuck another one on. This morning, it was gone again. I have a few more, so I don't mind, but I'm curious about who's snatching them. I have a feeling this is going to end with me hiding in the boot overnight.

It would drive me nuts not knowing what bollocks was doing that. Worth the price of a security camera just to find out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When the weather is like this - there simply are not enough hours in the day to enjoy it totally. This is a very very minor TA!

My one is not so minor: the amount of skobes and knackbags this weather brings out. Some of the nicest places to go are completely overrun by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Randomly came across a monthly travel mag that just happened to do a "comprehensive guide" to a city that myself and the OH are planning on visiting later on in the year.

Except all it seem to advise was "the top five places to have a cappuccino", as if it's taken as a given that we are all coffee drinkers. And a run-down of the best vegan/veggie friendly restaurants.

It just seemed to cater for a particular reader, and wasn't a catch-all "guide" for everyone.

Nerra advice given for the best nightlife in said city, the less traditionally "touristy" things to do or the no-go areas. Or indeed, the best way to travel to and from the airport. You know, the most important aspect for many people to know before they jet off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Found the perfect car for me, good price, good year.... turns out it's a bloody van!!!! I'm so cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Today my biggest annoyance is people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Asked someone their age today and they told me they were “about 24” :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

pedantry yfcy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that I've been sniffly and sneezy since I woke up this morning. Took an antihistamine and nada! Think I'm allergic to Ireland :p

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Housemates decide to throw a party and they know I have exams :(

Inconsiderate housemates are the worst.
    You really have no comfort living with strangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The five young ones , practicing their gymnastics on my front wall as I was parking the car in the driveway . Politely asked them to get down and to go practice on their own walls .

Stupid me forgot they can't , they put up ten foot fences on the inside of their walls ...

I have no prospect of a mug of tea for several hours, and all I want in the world right now is a mug of tea.

Ed Sheeran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Posted advert for room in apartment with the phrase "strictly non-smokers only".

Potential new flatmate arrives for a viewing.

Me: "I'm looking for a non-smoker"
    Me (while she is leaving): "Just to confirm, non-smokers only"
    Me (in email to her offering room): "Just confirming again, non-smoking"

Second day living here, flatmate is smoking on the balcony.

I'm pretty sure that is legal grounds for homicide.

Posted advert for room in apartment with the phrase "strictly non-smokers only".

Potential new flatmate arrives for a viewing.

Me: "I'm looking for a non-smoker"
    Me (while she is leaving): "Just to confirm, non-smokers only"
    Me (in email to her offering room): "Just confirming again, non-smoking"

Second day living here, flatmate is smoking on the balcony.

I'm pretty sure that is legal grounds for homicide.

I'm not a qualified lawyer but I'd say so yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Like a dog all week crawling out of the bed at 8.10 am. Then Saturday morning, wide awake at 6.45. Why?

• Advertisement

Have got a bucket load of stuff to do today but all I really want to do is SFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

people do have work calls on the bus in the morning or evening.
    Shouting away down the phone ignorant that the rest of us must suffer their ****e.

Although they can be equally as loud, I don't mind personal calls.

paw patrol wrote: »
    people do have work calls on the bus in the morning or evening.
    Shouting away down the phone ignorant that the rest of us must suffer their ****e.

Although they can be equally as loud, I don't mind personal calls.

6.43am train - two occasions last week.

"Important" business conversations. Then dictating notes into iPhone.

Never have I wanted to spill me tea "accidentally" more.

When you go to pick up the chicken sandwich in the platter, but mid-bite realise it’s egg mayonnaise. Bleugh

The "family" lane at Dublin Airport. Just seen a family with a special needs child c.12 not being allowed to use it. Yet a 5-7 year old running and causing mayhem can ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yippy dog across the street barked solidly this morning from 7.45 - 8.15. I know this because it woke me up at 7.45 and when I eventually gave up on getting back to sleep at 8.15 the little ****er went silent. Maybe someone else on the street murdered the little bastard, I don't know. But he ruined my Saturday lie in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Similar to when something doesn't work & you call someone over to help, it magically works - whenever I have a TA to post, logging into Boards magically makes it disappear from the brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Pulled in for petrol this morning to a very busy forecourt. A guy in front of me drives up to a pump. Takes ages to get out of the car and when he does he is only putting petrol in a jerry can. Then goes into the shop to pay and is in there ages browsing around the shelves. Cars backing up behind me waiting to use the pump. Then another car decides to park between the cars at the pumps and the shop door blocking the drive though space and when jerry can man eventually emerges he can't drive forward so the whole queue has to reverse so he can back out. I eventually get my petrol and go in to pay and the driver of the car blocking up the whole place is at the deli counter humming and hawing about what he will have in his jumbo breakfast roll unaware of the mayhem his car is causing outside. Yeah he'll need all calories for his long walk back to the car right outside the shop door.
    Is it the heat, or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just back from a charity cycle fundraiser for my local club. Didn't actually participate but was rather among those at the finish line cheering home the cyclists. Lovely weather for it, complimentary BBQ for all and the community spirit on display was heartening.

Anyway, we had gathered on the road at the entrance to the club grounds to welcome home the cyclists, and while the peleton came in together, there was a junior cyclist under-10 that was lagging slightly behind so we waited the extra say.. two minutes to clap him home as well.

Of course, some blow-in driver clearly oblivious to the signs and lead vehicles in the vicinity which informed motorists of the race taking place, took exception to being delayed on the road and started to blow his horn in frustration. The prick. I mean the traffic around the towns this weekend are a legimate reason for road-rage but getting angry at no more than a 2 min delay due to a fundraiser is not a great look.

But then I saw he had a 'save the eight' sticker on his window, so perhaps had underlying issues going on in his life :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I found a grey hair :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I found a grey hair :(

I have seen a flash of one now & then, it is why I try & keep it short.

It's worse when it is downstairs. (so I have heard)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

That dick on the schweppes ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I love Mandarin Oranges but it's hard to find good'uns. Some are full of white bits, some are sour. I actually took in 3 Supermarkets on my travels over the last couple of days and was rushing and back and forth and picking up and leaving down and picking up different things and what-not but net of Mandarins I got are absolutely perfect but if I could remember which Shop I got them in I'd go back and buy 2 more Nets 'cos it's so hard to find good ones. A lot of the time I could have the lil Orange peeled, put some in me gob and realize it tastes horrible and just end up throwing away that Pack / Net of Oranges then. It's like the perfect pair of Jeans. Ya need to buy 5 pairs.

Forgetting where your "safe" place is. I put a couple of things away somewhere safe that I need at the moment and can't for the life of me remember where the safe place is. :rolleyes::o:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

So annoyed at myself, was driving home, driving out of a small country town that had a long 60 stretch, thought it was 80 and was caught speeding at 71.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

So it's lovely weather we are having at long last. Why do some places have the air-con on so low that even with a jumper on you are freezing. What a complete waste of energy. I expect it in USA but not here. No problem with air-con just have it set to room temperature not Siberia setting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd when you buy salt and vinegar crisps and they're anything but salty :mad:

My boyfriend went up to pay for dinner and was asked if the lady would like a free glass of wine and he said no!
    Time to be dumped methinks

My boyfriend went up to pay for dinner and was asked if the lady would like a free glass of wine and he said no!
    Time to be dumped methinks

He might have said yes and kept it for himself :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I just got a stream of abuse off someone then they deleted me on FB. All because they went to Paris and I told them they would enjoy it and I'm guessing something happened and it's my fault? Some people would be delighted with a trip to Paris but not this bitch.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement