Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The internet going , thanks VM , regular occurrence down here .

Plus people a few houses down , who think it's ok to still have small children out on the road at this hour of the night , and who then decide to start shouting at one another on the road .

That's a regular occurrence too .

I give up , rant over :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just got a stream of abuse off someone then they deleted me on FB. All because they went to Paris and I told them they would enjoy it and I'm guessing something happened and it's my fault? Some people would be delighted with a trip to Paris but not this bitch.

Let her off, better off without people like that in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I bumped into a chair and apologised to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Let her off, better off without people like that in your life.

Thank you :o

She knows there was a death in the family only three months ago and carries on like this. If she comes crawling back this time I won't be talking to her. I would give anything to go to Paris for a long weekend and the last thing I'd be doing is sending abusive messages anyway, I'd be out having fun.

Well you should delete her, see how she likes it :eek:

She deleted me already!
    Anyway back on topic:

TA never got my kebab only had a banana. This diet is killing me and I'm afraid the GP's weighing scales was broken and I didn't lose that much weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I made the mistake yesterday of eating practically nothing, drinking lots of alcohol so I ended up getting sick and in bed at 9... The shame is very real this morning. I'm sitting here waiting on everyone else to get up so I can assess how terrible I should feel.

I'm also TA that I forgot to buy coffee pods yesterday and so when I got up this morning, I only had 2 coffee pods left, I've already drank one and I'm trying to decide when to have the other one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

erica74 wrote: »
    I made the mistake yesterday of eating practically nothing, drinking lots of alcohol so I ended up getting sick and in bed at 9... The shame is very real this morning. I'm sitting here waiting on everyone else to get up so I can assess how terrible I should feel.

I'm also TA that I forgot to buy coffee pods yesterday and so when I got up this morning, I only had 2 coffee pods left, I've already drank one and I'm trying to decide when to have the other one.

I do that. I plan to be all sensible and have a bit of soakage but yesterday was 2 bags of Monster Munch and lots of beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Had a little dinner party last night, some friends over. Lovely time had by all. But it baffles me how some people just do not get the hint when you want them to **** off. Most of the party left at about 10.30 but 2 of the guys just hung out till 1am. Despite me yawning a lot and starting to tidy up and giving all the signs that the evening was over. I'm sure we're delightful company but the party was over 2 hours ago. Go the **** home!

Also I drank too much and now I'm hungover. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

The abundance of no posters up locally. Not only are some of the posters illegal- no info re printing, the sheer lies and mistruths on others! Glad Ill be away for 6 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Having a car with no air con on days like these. :(

Surely that's reason enough to change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

LirW wrote: »
    So annoyed at myself, was driving home, driving out of a small country town that had a long 60 stretch, thought it was 80 and was caught speeding at 71.

Could be worse - I keyed in the wrong reg number when paying for parking at the Luas yesterday, so we were clamped when we got home. Cost me about an hour and €80. What's the chances of getting it back on appeal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Could be worse - I keyed in the wrong reg number when paying for parking at the Luas yesterday, so we were clamped when we got home. Cost me about an hour and €80. What's the chances of getting it back on appeal?

None whatsoever . My daughter keyed in her reg in Ballaly a few years ago . She knew she had keyed it wrong because one of the pads on their machines was stuck and not reacting . She knew one number was omitted
    . She appealed on the grounds it was the pad which they disputed and it was like banging her head continuously on a stupid stubborn brick wall

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Burnt my finger off the grill :mad:

Burnt my finger off the grill :mad:

My glasses need a clean- I read that as burned my finger on a girl

Annoyed that I'm tired and can't formulate a good enough hot girl joke!!

My glasses need a clean- I read that as burned my finger on a girl

Annoyed that I'm tired and can't formulate a good enough hot girl joke!!

*facepalm*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Moving country in a couple of weeks and feeling a bit overwhelmed. Just going to ignore it til tomorrow anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

northgirl wrote: »
    Moving country in a couple of weeks and feeling a bit overwhelmed. Just going to ignore it til tomorrow anyway :)

Best of luck with your move , northgirl!

Left the "sunny South East" ie thick mist and chilly this morning for a road trip to Galway where the sun was splitting the rocks. Returned to the same sh1te this evening. Sometimes living near the sea is not all it is cracked up to be:(
    What the fcuk has happened to HB Brunches? I had one today for the first time in years and it was manky, a real synthetic taste off the crumbly coating. Should have gone for the Feast as originally intended :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Best of luck with the move and your new life abroad! :)

I'm very seriously considering leaving here myself by the end of the year if all goes well, so I know how you're feeling. Excited at the thoughts of a new place, but a fear of the unknown and leaving the place you do know

73Cat wrote: »

Left the "sunny South East" ie thick mist and chilly this morning for a road trip to Galway where the sun was splitting the rocks. Returned to the same sh1te this evening. Sometimes living near the sea is not all it is cracked up to be:(
    What the fcuk has happened to HB Brunches? I had one today for the first time in years and it was manky, a real synthetic taste off the crumbly coating. Should have gone for the Feast as originally intended :(

Thank you :)

So many things now just don't taste like they used to :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Best of luck, I hope it goes really well for you!

Had a lovely weekend at home in the sun, but my mother’s garden is notoriously windy. I brought home a load of washing to hang out but when I got up this morning half of my knickersssss had migrated to the field next door.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Had a lovely weekend at home in the sun, but my mother’s garden is notoriously windy. I brought home a load of washing to hang out but when I got up this morning half of my knickersssss had migrated to the field next door.

"The sisterhood of the travelling pants"? :pac:

Thanks so much!
    Sort of in denial right now but 1 more sleep I reckon I'll have to get cracking on the organising :)

That clothes line sounds dangerous :D

I don't mean to minimise your pain but the image of that just gave me a fit of the giggles!!!!

I burnt my boob the other night and there's a long scab there. I hope it doesn't scar as my page 3 days would be over then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

73Cat wrote: »

oh no you missed it !
    It was clear early morning, then the fog took over for maybe 2 hours, then it cleared and it was glorious ! I got a little sunburnt on the back of my neck like an idiot (gardening).

TA I paid 25 euros for 2 garden containers that were nothing but a bit of moulded plastic (that's fine, I knew they were plastic) but with no holes at the bottom for drainage. Maybe they were intended as pot "covers", but I'm going to use them as pots for that price, so I had to drill my own holes in them.
    So there.

• Advertisement

TA I paid 25 euros for 2 garden containers that were nothing but a bit of moulded plastic (that's fine, I knew they were plastic) but with no holes at the bottom for drainage. Maybe they were intended as pot "covers", but I'm going to use them as pots for that price, so I had to drill my own holes in them.
    So there.

Fight the power!!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I burnt my boob the other night and there's a long scab there. I hope it doesn't scar as my page 3 days would be over then.

How does one burn one's cleavage?

To thine own self be true

Well at my age - bending over a hot stove could do it!

Low cut tight top, big boobage and held a hot tray up too far and singed the bresticle. It hurt like hell. I know it's a weird place to burn, it was a first tbh.

Low cut tight top, big boobage and held a hot tray up too far and singed the bresticle. It hurt like hell. I know it's a weird place to burn, it was a first tbh.

On the plus side you'll be spoilt for choice if you ask for help with it!

• Advertisement

On the plus side you'll be spoilt for choice if you ask for help with it!

Doubtful.

Loud music from outside, Jesus christ....

Doubtful.

At your service :pac: :pac:

TA'd that I'm so awake when I wanna sleep :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kitty6277 wrote:
    TA'd that I'm so awake when I wanna sleep

Snap.

Pigeon X-factor outside.

First contestant - good stage presence, decent pitch & tone.

Second contestant - too loud & no clarity.

Third contestant - if you close you eyes you would think it was contestant 1 again, only for a slight dance as well.

Fourth contestant - pick a different song, this is getting repetitive. Where's that red button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

erica74 wrote: »

It was actually grand in the end, we all just laughed about it so phew!

New TA thing today, bad service, actually maybe this is more than TA thing. Went to a restaurant for dinner last night, ages waiting on drinks, ages waiting to order, ages waiting on food, some of the food wrong, some of the drinks wrong, ages waiting on more drinks, ages waiting on the bill, ages waiting to pay. The food and drinks were great though.

Then we went to a new "cocktail bar". So I don't know about anyone else but, to me, a cocktail bar is table service, mellow, music not as loud as a regular bar, and darker decor so the place looked great so they're on the right track, however, more bad service. First of all, there was only one barman there for around 20 people and you have to go up to the bar to order. You're paying €10 per cocktail but there's no table service, which I found a bit crap. So anyway, went up to the bar and the barman was making 4 drinks for another group, I stood there for around 10 minutes, during which time he had to go downstairs twice to get something. So I ordered 2 moscow mules and a gunpowder and tonic, the drinks took about 15 minutes to be made, again, the barman went downstairs for something. At this stage there was 8 people waiting at the bar to order. Then it took 5 minutes for the barman to put the order through the till and for me to pay. And the annoying thing is that the drinks were great. At this stage the music was so loud we were shouting at each other and saying "WHAT???" every few minutes. We ended up leaving after that one drink. The weird thing is that the place looks great, the seating is comfy and there's a good bit of space and they serve the drinks in Waterford Crystal glassware but then you're waiting 30 minutes for drinks while Nicki Minaj is blasted so loudly you think your ears are going to explode.

So we went around the corner to another bar, literally a place of zen, music just the right volume, multiple barmen, comfy seats, lovely decor, great cocktails. However, the toilet has one of these doors that keeps swinging open and is just off the side of the seating area. This guy arrived and went into the toilet and when he came out, the smell would actually turn your stomach, we went over and wedged some hand towels in between the door and the frame to keep it closed. And then we ended up heading home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This could also be in the Trivially Happy thread. Twice this morning, I thought I had to go to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Twice this morning, I thought I had to go to work.

Just once for me, when my usual morning alarm went off. Surely in this era of robots and AI, there is an alarm app out there that knows when it is a bank holiday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I knew my alarm was going to go off. I nearly turned it off, a few times.

My latest Trivial Annoyance is my lawn mower (or 'lán mór' if you're talking to Flann O'Brien). The blade split in two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bluebottle fly is going to drive me demented if he does not fly the fck out of here in the next 15 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I had three drinks yesterday in the afternoon, didn't feel remotely drunk. Woke up today feeling like I had ten drinks. So dehydrated in the heat, I keep drinking water but my mouth keeps drying up.

• Advertisement

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I had three drinks yesterday in the afternoon, didn't feel remotely drunk. Woke up today feeling like I had ten drinks. So dehydrated in the heat, I keep drinking water but my mouth keeps drying up.

It's a well known scientific fact (I.e. it comes from me! :) ) that drinking in the afternoon and stopping make a you feel worse the next day.

No idea why but it's not fair!!! Beer garden pints in the afternoon are lovely this time of year. Same day hangover and dead next day, not so much.

Feel better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,977 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

YouTube's suggested videos when I'm signed in to my personal account.
    90% of them are in no way related to the types of content I watch. Some of them are just ridiculous.

What really riles me though is when I click to ignore, it tells me, "Ok, we'll tune our recommendations". But they never do.
    How about ye f*ck off and don't make any recommendations?

And while I'm on this train of thought. Yahoo mail can get lost as well. I don't need to be asked every day if I want to upgrade to the professional offering for $2.99/month. Why would I? Seriously, yere company has tried to eat itself to death over the last 10 years and ye still don't get it.

YouTube's suggested videos when I'm signed in to my personal account.
    90% of them are in no way related to the types of content I watch. Some of them are just ridiculous.

What really riles me though is when I click to ignore, it tells me, "Ok, we'll tune our recommendations". But they never do.
    How about ye f*ck off and don't make any recommendations?

And while I'm on this train of thought. Yahoo mail can get lost as well. I don't need to be asked every day if I want to upgrade to the professional offering for $2.99/month. Why would I? Seriously, yere company has tried to eat itself to death over the last 10 years and ye still don't get it.

On the topic of youtube, them fecking ads about wix :mad: feck off :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,977 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

On the topic of youtube, them fecking ads about wix feck off

Google Chrome and Adblocker is one of the simple things in life that actually works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

On the topic of youtube, them fecking ads about wix :mad: feck off :mad:

Also (sorta) on the topic of youtube, youtube on my PS4 won't work lately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So called celebrities that claim they are down to earth and not divas. Like Vogue Williams- she says so often that shes a normal person and just like everyone else but yet she chooses to do absolutely everything in front of a camera only ti back off every now and then and say "oh woe is me, I still want privacy". Its all an act- she loves publicity, she loves talking about her favourite topic (herself) and she would literally attend the opening of an envelope if it meant she could get airtime.

I actually don't even blame her- what annoys me is her narcissism is 100% enabled by the media in this country who, instead of just letting her exposure die from lack of oxygen, somehow feel the need to point the camera at her or fill column inches with her absolutely boring, irrelevant existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Yes it's a beautiful day outside, but I'm staying in for the day to watch the snooker. Don't tut at me.
    Neighbour cutting the grass. Maybe I'm alone on this one, but don't be doing noisy outdoor work on a Sunday or a bank holiday.

Overbearing people. F**k off it's Bank Holiday Monday, trying to chill out here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

My sniffles morphed into a cold which has suddenly morphed into a monster flu after taking a long-haul flight and a jam-packed work schedule means fcuk all sympathy from the universe.

So self-conscious of the sniffling and coughing and croaking at client meetings but can do nothing about it. Legit dying :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement