Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Forgetting my suitcase in Lisbon Airport- having to go back to get it, it was with the Airport Police!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who don't understand what the word "decimate" actually means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Dial Hard wrote: »

People in general who use words without knowing what they actually mean

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dial Hard wrote: »

Yeah I really decimate that as well.

On Friday, I cut my beard off to a nice little bit of stubble.
    Yesterday I was in Dunnes and I was in the mens toiletries aisle and seen shaving stuff. I decided to buy shaving gel and a razor for the craic.
    I went home and had my first clean shave in about 4 years.

I look ridiculous now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Pulled into a very busy garage forecourt this morning to get petrol. Filled petrol, went into shop, paid, came back out. Usual process.

Not for some people though. Why do some drivers think it is okay to park at the pump, and then settle down inside with refreshments? I had to go back in and ask - and I did ask politely - if the car in front of mine, could be moved. Cosily parked at a pump, while the driver was inside settled in at a table. My car was blocked in from behind also, as a driver was trying to manoeuvre in a fuel tanker.

I was met with a drippingly sarcastic 'BY ALL MEANS' as she unhurriedly stood up from the table.

As it happened, I was able to reverse out, when I went back out, because the fuel tanker driver had managed to get into where they needed to. I glanced back as I left and there was not a sign of your woman. Just wondering what if everyone used the pumps as parking spaces. How would that work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When someone bumps into YOU but you end up apologising out of politeness and they look at you as though you’ve just murdered their first born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When someone bumps into YOU but you end up apologising out of politeness and they look at you as though you’ve just murdered their first born.

Walking out of Lidl a few months back and the proverbial middle-aged, middle-class woman was standing at the door, clearly oblivious to the fact that the reason it wasn't opening for her is because it's the exit. It opens for me and she barges past me, glaring at me like I'm the one in her way.

I'm untying the dog when she walks out 30 seconds later and back in through the right door. Gave her a big cheeky grin. Bint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I stopped doing that recently (I mean apologising - I still bump into people all the time). Instead of apologising, I say "excuse me" in a tone that could either be interpreted as polite or accusatory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Car got egged. Washed off and paint work damaged. Fuming....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Car got egged. Washed off and paint work damaged. Fuming....

The curse of May has hit me again.
    Wash the car. Bird poops on it. Rinse and repeat (literally). :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yeah I really decimate that as well.

I look ridiculous now.

Depending on the type of beard, you may look less ridiculous now. My beard TA is guys with beards that make them look like they had a part in "Gettysburg".

When you release a supermarket trolley from the stack/trolley conga/whatever it's called and someone has left sweet wrappers, discarded packaging or used tissues in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I went food shopping earlier and grabbed a shopping bag from the car. When I went up to the till to pay for my groceries I discovered that something I bought during my last visit there was still in the bag. I knew I had bought the item at the time but for the life of me couldn't find it. There it is in my shopping bag as I am unloading my groceries on the belt and I don't want to have to pay for it again. Then I'm rooting in my handbag to see if by any chance I still have the receipt from my previous visit and I don't. Ta with myself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hope it wasn't anything perishable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hearing the clink of the bottles still in the boot of the car as I drive away from the supermarket/bottle bank for the eleventy millionth time :(

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Hope it wasn't anything perishable.

No fortunately. Although I was lucky to see it in the bag before I paid otherwise I could have been accused of shop lifting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

This woman decided to sit in her car and play on her phone instead of driving and so blocked me in the car park. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The young Donna one in the Liberty insurance add on TV, why is she getting driving lessons on N plates, not an L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

The wee one is sick. Poor little thing. Just got vomited on all over. A big projectile one with bits. Smell is vile. Having a great day today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Got sunburned yesterday. I sat out for all of 25 minutes, and I'm like a lobster. It's at that sore stage now, and can't get comfy in bed as a result. Very TA'd.

• Advertisement

A girl from my town is always helping people, doing good deeds etc... which is all great and fair play to her. But every single time she does it, she writes a big post about it on Facebook with pictures of what she's just done. I just hate the needless bragging, it just seems like she's doing these things for the 'likes' on Facebook. It drives me mad. Is it really so hard to do something nice for someone without posting about it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Too anxious to sleep :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Teeth. Such a nuisance keeping them healthy.

TG1 wrote: »
    Got sunburned yesterday. I sat out for all of 25 minutes, and I'm like a lobster. It's at that sore stage now, and can't get comfy in bed as a result. Very TA'd.

At least there's the peeling to to forward to. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Dubious stains and/or chewing gum on cinema seats :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

When you work in a building that has 6+ floors yet people get in the lift just to take it up to the first f*cking floor which is a grand total of 16 steps.

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When people park on the 1st floor of a multi-storey cark park and then take the elevator to the ground floor which is 2 small flights of stairs down :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

storker wrote: »
    Depending on the type of beard, you may look less ridiculous now. My beard TA is guys with beards that make them look like they had a part in "Gettysburg".

My beard was the manliest most lumberjack manly impressive beard you could come across.

I got new runners. I left them by the door yesterday evening so that I would wear them today. One cat likes to sit at the same spot where I left them. It's also quite close to the litter tray.
    I imagine the little f*cker cat was taking a hefty, seen the new thing that was unscented, pinched her crap and then went to rub her scent all over the runners. She rubbed sh*te on one of them. New runners, never worn with cat sh*t on them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You're still having a "It's not my turn to clean the litter tray" war with your wife, aren't you? 'cause that would explain the cat's behaviour.

You're still having a "It's not my turn to clean the litter tray" war with your wife, aren't you? 'cause that would explain the cat's behaviour.

We've trained the kids how to do that!
    The cat is just a c*nt. :pac:

• Advertisement

I can see how you worked this out.

"Reasons to have children:
    1. We can train them to clean the litter tray
    2. ???

The end.

Ok, I'm sold."

#notslavery

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    We've trained the kids how to do that!
    The cat is just a c*nt. :pac:

Cats are pure evil!

A mate I stay with post-beers has a cat and I swear the worse my hangover,the louder and earlier it comes into the room. New Year's morning it sat on my head patting my face with its paw!!!

Whereas my dog puts his head on my knee and thinks "awwww you sick, me love you".

They're NOT evil. :mad: He only pats your head 'cause it's his way of saying "There, there", and he's sitting on your head 'cause he knows that pressure and warmth sometimes help. He's just misunderstood.

They're NOT evil. :mad:

Perhaps not Pol Pot level but they're definitely not cuddly!!!!!!

It is the cutest little ginger thing tho!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Have a big night out planned tomorrow. But have just realised that the nct is on Friday morning. Early.
    Pesky pesk.

Perhaps not Pol Pot level but they're definitely not cuddly!!!!!!

It is the cutest little ginger thing tho!!!

Yep. Evil. Not cuddly at all. Almost Pol Pot-like.

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They're NOT evil. :mad:

Amen to this :pac:

Perhaps it's just me they don't like ???!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Perhaps it's just me they don't like ???!!

Give him a slow blink the next time you see him, a sign of trust.

Thanks!!!!!

He ignores me most of the time but when I need sleep he's my best pal lol!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

He ignores me most of the time but when I need sleep he's my best pal lol!!!!

They are very independent in fairness, he probably see's how comfy you look and wants a cuddle :3 .

One of my TAs for today (it's one of those days when the universe is making its mission to drive you mad, so there'll be many more) is incompetent people, lazy people and people that are both lazy and incompetent).

When an annoying song is used on ads that get repeated 50 billion times a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Loose paving stones, and, by association, wet socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

GP surgery called to cancel my appointment to get an IUD for the second time. It's like the universe wants me to turn into a baby factory or something. :mad:

Pulled in for petrol again this morning. A minibus is parked between two pumps. I presume driver has got fuel from the pump at the back of the bus but in any case the front of the bus was too close to the pump in front of it for me or anybody else to park at it. I waited a few mins behind the bus to see if it would pull off shortly as the engine was running. Got fed up waiting then decided to overtake it and swing around to the other side of the pumps. The female driver was sitting in the bus eating a roll and sipping her drink. Then she put what looked like a copybook on the steering wheel and started writing .- all while blocking access to two petrol pumps! I went in and bought a roll for my lunch got into my car and drove away. Then I realised to my horror that I was so ta with this woman that I had forgotten to pay for the petrol, so had to turn around and go back! Apologised profusely to the guy on the til who said he hadn't even noticed that I had driven away without paying! Lol.

Cats are pure evil!

TA :( cats are the best animal in the world!

KatW4 wrote: »
    TA :( cats are the best animal in the world!

I agree with this :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Or a kick in the nuts...either way...he won't mess with you again :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement