Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Saw someone I dont like/wanted to avoid in dundrum earlier. Ducked in to a shop to avoid them...but straight into the path of an even bigger bore.
    Took me 10 mins to escape.

Some blond yoke on the teilifís just (I'm waiting in a barber's, where knacker reality tv is the order of the day) said about her fella "When I met Rory it totally changed my life."

For feck's sake. Pull yourself together you old romantic. Almost as bad as those two vomit-inducing lovey doveys who, sitting together on the couch opposite me, told me how they were born in the same hospital on the same day. All I could say was how amazing that was, while thinking 'give me that bucket now'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Someone needs to tell Joe Duffy that RTÉ is not Dublin local radio

What were you caller?
    On the bus
    Going where caller?
    The 40 from town to Thomas Street don’t you know Joe.

This means pretty much nothing to most of Ireland. My TA is Duffy and his callers saying streets and bus numbers and “town” as if everyone in Ireland knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Some blond yoke on the teilifís just (I'm waiting in a barber's, where knacker reality tv is the order of the day) said about her fella "When I met Rory it totally changed my life."

For feck's sake. Pull yourself together you old romantic. Almost as bad as those two vomit-inducing lovey doveys who, sitting together on the couch opposite me, told me how they were born in the same hospital on the same day. All I could say was how amazing that was, while thinking 'give me that bucket now'.

Should have asked "was it to the same mother"... just to see the expression:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

PMS. Incessant headache and crying over stupid shoyte today. Drained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I hate how someone can make you feel like a terrible person when you know you're not. Yes we all make mistakes/bad choices but that doesn't make anyone a bad person. I wish I didn't let what people say affect me so easily.

KatW4 wrote: »
    I hate how someone can make you feel like a terrible person when you know you're not. Yes we all make mistakes/bad choices but that doesn't make anyone a bad person. I wish I didn't let what people say affect me so easily.

This could be my day. Had a personal e-mail today completely assassinating my character. I let it, despite efforts not to, ruin my day and evening. You'd swear I'd murdered someone. Bedtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

northgirl wrote: »
    This could be my day. Had a personal e-mail today completely assassinating my character. I let it, despite efforts not to, ruin my day and evening. You'd swear I'd murdered someone. Bedtime.

You gotta cut those people out of your life no matter who they are. Nobody needs that level of toxicity in their lives. Some people get off on it for some reason.

Best to ignore them, that will drive them mad, they want a reaction to carry on the attack. Ye are so much better than that!

kfallon wrote:
    You gotta cut those people out of your life no matter who they are. Nobody needs that level of toxicity in their lives. Some people get off on it for some reason.

The person is cut out of my life but unfortunately I need him to tell me something for my car insurance. He wouldn't tell me and called me all sorts.

Thanks for the advice :) Boards posters are the best!

northgirl wrote:

Awful!!! I hope you're okay. People are complete idiots!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »

Tell them to get stuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Today annoyed me from start to finish. Bad news from a family member. Bad news from a friend. Work was manic, lost the head a few times as I was upset. Then an appointment was forgotten about, so I was sitting at home waiting for someone that never showed.
    To top it off I skipped buying dinner to wait for the person thinking I'd nip out after, but now I've gone to bed without eating. And it's freezing!
    Through all of that an old injury is playing up so back and pelvis have been in bits all day. I'd like a do over for today please!

Awful!!! I hope you're okay. People are complete idiots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I have bunions which have become more pronounced over the years. I've gone from a size 6 1/2 to an 8 simply because the bunions are making my feet broader. There is only one type of shoe I can wear that is comfy and gives support to my weak arches. They are sketchers that I get in Shuh. At €74 they're not cheap and I usually wear out a pair in 4/5 months because the stupid bunions push through the material at the sides.

I went in the last day to buy a new pair and told they were out of stock until July :eek: I've been looking online and can't find them. It sucks having stupid hobbit feet :( I'm wearing cheap shoes at the moment and already they're starting to give me pain. I dream of winning the lotto so I can have corrective surgery. Some women want big boobs or asses, I just want smaller feet! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Could be worse - I keyed in the wrong reg number when paying for parking at the Luas yesterday, so we were clamped when we got home. Cost me about an hour and €80. What's the chances of getting it back on appeal?
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    None whatsoever . My daughter keyed in her reg in Ballaly a few years ago . She knew she had keyed it wrong because one of the pads on their machines was stuck and not reacting . She knew one number was omitted
    . She appealed on the grounds it was the pad which they disputed and it was like banging her head continuously on a stupid stubborn brick wall

In fairness to NCPS, they returned €40 - half the clamping fee yesterday, 1st working day after I submitted the appeal. I could take the appeal to the NTA but I think I'll leave it at that. In fairness, they did have to send out the man in the van because of my mistake, so maybe the other €40 covers that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I don't use fbook that much but I logged in just there for a sneaky peek.
    A lot of my friends are losing their bells with all their topical political posts.

They've all gone wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that my hair is still slightly wet after swimming. It can stay that way now though because I'm in bed and I'm not arsed getting up to dry it :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autocorrect and certain people accusing me of ditching Barry's tea :eek: :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People telling on me at a bit of friendly banter.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I have bunions which have become more pronounced over the years. I've gone from a size 6 1/2 to an 8 simply because the bunions are making my feet broader. There is only one type of shoe I can wear that is comfy and gives support to my weak arches. They are sketchers that I get in Shuh. At €74 they're not cheap and I usually wear out a pair in 4/5 months because the stupid bunions push through the material at the sides.

I went in the last day to buy a new pair and told they were out of stock until July :eek: I've been looking online and can't find them. It sucks having stupid hobbit feet :( I'm wearing cheap shoes at the moment and already they're starting to give me pain. I dream of winning the lotto so I can have corrective surgery. Some women want big boobs or asses, I just want smaller feet! :pac:

I presume you tried the actual skechers website? What about Littlewoods, mandmdirect, sportsdirect, amazon, you might get lucky with one of them?

TA that I woke up thinking it was Friday and was all ready to settle in for a nice long morning, as I start work later on Fridays, but then I realised it's Thursday and I actually start work earlier on Thursdays so now I'm hyper aware that I can't dillydally, even though I really want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Hotel showers that are so bloody complicated you’d need an engineering degree to work them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Work today - don't want to go

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm dealing with an extremely professional organisation on something at the moment.
    They are showing nothing but incompetence at the moment. I expect better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

TA'd that I can get a handle on housework. Thought last weekend it was all sorted for back to work Tuesday and now it's like I did nothing last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People who ring you from the car to talk business that isn't urgent.
    I can't hear you over the engine noise and the line is breaking up. As I'm at my desk, it's not me, it's you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Staffroom politics

When someone rings me at placement looking for a phone number, and then when I have it and am ready to call it out to them, they go "oh wait, I have to go get a pen!" Like if you know you're ringing someone looking for a phone number, would you not have a pen in your hand when you make the call? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I can't wear an underwired bra today because I'm going for a scan. The only non underwired bra I have is a bright luminous pink sports bra. My poor diddies are being squashed into it and I can't breathe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was reversing out of a parking spot in the hospital car park and as I was reversing, some old bint beside me started to reverse into my space despite me not being fully out yet. She was blocking my exit and she didn’t move for a few seconds so I beeped at her. She got out of her car and told me to reverse back she wanted my space. I told her I can’t, the corner behind me is too tight and there’s a queue of cars, I’ll get all flustered and can she not just move up a bit and then reverse into my space when I’m gone. She started roaring at me asking me what’s my problem. I roared back at her. Asked her would she hop into my grave as quick and asked her to have some fcuking cop on, that she was in a hospital car park and she should have a little more decency and respect. She got back in her car and eventually moved. Absolute dozey bltch and I don’t feel one bit bad for flipping her the bird as I drove off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Came on here with a TA but after catching up on the previous posts I can't remember my own TA..FFS my memory is gone to s**t.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My bum muscles hurt :o
    Must have been running funny today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My bum muscles hurt :o
    Must have been running funny today.

You know where I am if you need a massage :p

TA'd that I don't have a bum to massage.

TA'd at the pain in my chest. I am however, happy that it has improved since earlier and I no longer feel like I'm going to faint because of it

Bus is late again.

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    You know where I am if you need a massage :p

TA'd that I don't have a bum to massage.

Next time youre home feel free to give me a call :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I saw a really lovely dress in Penney's today and they didn't have it in my size, only in the ones up and down and they were either too small or too big.
    A pity because it was so pretty and I never really shop for myself.

Trying to sort out car insurance. I hate it and I've had a constant sick feeling for the past 2 days worrying about it.

Trying to sort out car insurance. I hate it and I've had a constant sick feeling for the past 2 days worrying about it.

Have to do it this weekend and I just got a love letter from the guards flying in which stresses me out SO MUCH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Our internal kitchen/hallway glass door smashed this weekend of its own accord. (my mother claims it was a poltergeist) Just priced how much it will cost to replace, £180 for supply and fit. Christ almighty this month is bleeding me dry. I'm gonna be so far in debt by the end of it it'll take me the rest of the year to get out.

My god, I have another one that annoys me beyond words: I'm nagging the man for weeks to update his address for the voting register (we live almost 100km away from where we previously lived). Of course despite me going on about it he didn't. So guess who will have to drive up to Dublin to get him to vote? Yes me, because he can't drive.
    Tempted to drop him to the next town, give him 20 quid and wish him fun on the bus trip. Eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Just got a text to say my cousin has cancer and it's terminal...life sucks ass at times

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

^^ Crappy situation. Sorry to hear that :( ((Hugs))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Replacing a couple of sad looking hangers (for flower baskets). Naturally the screw holes are different and the battery for the drill is flat.

Seven Worlds will Collide

TA'd The simpsons are on and it's the episode where burns is batman and its not funny at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

People blocking access to the sugar and milk station in coffee shops because they're too busy chatting.

People blocking doorways because they're busy chatting.

People blocking footpaths with prams.

People speaking to you like you're stupid when they're asking for your help with something, oh yeah, hang on, now I really want to help you dickhead!!

People.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

When I say “can you put this away please?” to my son, he hears “can you dump all these toys on the kitchen table so it looks like a junk heap please?”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ninjini wrote: »
    When I say “can you put this away please?” to my son, he hears “can you dump all these toys on the kitchen table so it looks like a junk heap please?”

When I'm out walking on my own on the narrow footpaths around here and I meet three of four people coming towards me walking side by side. Got forbid they would go into single file for just a few seconds - no keep on chatting and give me a dirty look for not stepping down on the busy road so as not to inconvenience them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Can't find anything worth watching on Netflix. Also, it's freezing again, have the heat on, and am snuggled under the duvet and just cannot get warm....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Colser wrote: »
    Came on here with a TA but after catching up on the previous posts I can't remember my own TA..FFS my memory is gone to s**t.

That's T.A-ing in itself..:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Have another heating bill for 100 euro plus need to pay nearly 200 for car tax and have to get my hair done which usually costs 150.
    Not in a fcking good mood. Plus my watch is broken and the bill for that is a lot as well. Is this what life is about just paying for stuff all the time?

• Advertisement

All the sorting out of everything that comes with moving country. Learning curve I guess but dammit there's a lot to do. Not taking my car so looking forward to not having any of those costs for a while hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement