Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EV Grants?

• 10-01-2018 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

So I'm looking into maybe getting an EV for my mam

Now in was looking and it seems for 14,000 to 15000 it's only 2k of a grant

What's the VRT relief for a car in that bracket? It says max if 5k but is that dependent on the list price as well?

Even more so what EVs are there new for that price bracket in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

So I'm looking into maybe getting an EV for my mam

Now in was looking and it seems for 14,000 to 15000 it's only 2k of a grant

What's the VRT relief for a car in that bracket? It says max if 5k but is that dependent on the list price as well?

Even more so what EVs are there new for that price bracket in Ireland?

They cannot give vrt relief on vrt that is not paid or due to be paid so if the vrt on a car is 2k, the relief is 2k, if vrt is 4900, relief is 4900..... up to 5k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The VRT relief is a max of €5k so any EV under about €35k will be VRT free.

The SEAI €5k EV grant is only for new cars bought in Ireland.

What figures are you referring to in relation to the €2k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

what EVs are there new for that price bracket in Ireland?

For a €15k budget? None on the face of it. All EVs RRP is at least €25k plus charges.

But if you do a bit of work, try find an old model Nissan Leaf in stock in one of the dealers. You have to put the effort in. Contact all of the Nissan dealers in Ireland. I'd say with a bit of luck, some hard work and strong negotiating skills, you might get a brand new Nissan Leaf for not an awful lot more than €15k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭CFC007

I’d imagine if someone did get one for €15k they would need a car to scrap also on top of that. Nissan don’t seem as flexible as Hyundai on that front.

unkel wrote: »
    For a €15k budget? None on the face of it. All EVs RRP is at least €25k plus charges.

But if you do a bit of work, try find an old model Nissan Leaf in stock in one of the dealers. You have to put the effort in. Contact all of the Nissan dealers in Ireland. I'd say with a bit of luck, some hard work and strong negotiating skills, you might get a brand new Nissan Leaf for not an awful lot more than €15k.

Advertisement