Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything other than folic acid?

Options
  • 10-01-2018 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and my husband are recently married and plan to start trying for a baby in a few months. I have just came off the pill after 10 years!

I have started taking folic acid over the past few months and was just wondering if there was anything else I should be doing to try and reduce the chance of problems when trying to conceive and indeed during pregnancy and anything to help increase the chance of having a healthy baby!

Just to note I am 30, at a healthy weight and eat quite healthy and am very active (weight training and cardio).

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Sounds like you are doing all the right things really. There are pregnancy multivitamins but my consultant said that they were not necessary if you have a healthy diet and that the only thing that needs to be taken is folic acid.

Your husband is also equally important as he needs to provide healthy sperm so a good diet, exercise, cutting down on drink, cutting out cigarettes if he smokes, wears loose underwear, avoids hot baths should help sperm get healthy.

Best of luck!

Advertisement