Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way I can get HEAR

Options
  • 10-01-2018 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

In terms of income i don't qualify for HEAR because they count income from 2016, but at the end of 2016 my circumstances changed and now my family make way less, do HEAR have a way to count my 2017 income instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Nafekop wrote: »
    In terms of income i don't qualify for HEAR because they count income from 2016, but at the end of 2016 my circumstances changed and now my family make way less, do HEAR have a way to count my 2017 income instead?

If you apply in 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nafekop

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you qualify under the other criteria?
    You could always add a note regarding the income, or as suggested, the other option is to apply next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

I don't think there is anything you can do. The HEAR is based on 2016 income so i doubt very much they will make an exception.
    Be sure to apply for the SUSI grant when it opens later on in the year, as this grant is based on the 2017 family income opposed to 2016.

I was also wondering something about HEAR, I am thinking of doing biomedical science, it is a joint UCC and CIT course (code is a cit code CR320)
    CIT does not take part in the HEAR system, however UCC does. Because it is a joint UCC CIT course, will i still be eligible for the HEAR??
    I have already applied for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I don't think there is anything you can do. The HEAR is based on 2016 income so i doubt very much they will make an exception.
    Be sure to apply for the SUSI grant when it opens later on in the year, as this grant is based on the 2017 family income opposed to 2016.

I was also wondering something about HEAR, I am thinking of doing biomedical science, it is a joint UCC and CIT course (code is a cit code CR320)
    CIT does not take part in the HEAR system, however UCC does. Because it is a joint UCC CIT course, will i still be eligible for the HEAR??
    I have already applied for it.
    Contact the UCC+ access office (https://www.ucc.ie/en/uccplus/) they'll give you all the info you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I qualify on income and the medical card one . my mam doesnt have a job and would be classed as housewife my dad works in a fas scheme but is also a farmer . so would i qualify? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I qualify on income and the medical card one . my mam doesnt have a job and would be classed as housewife my dad works in a fas scheme but is also a farmer . so would i qualify? Thanks in advance.

Hear applications are dealt with on a one by one basis. So when your application goes in, they don't group all application with a medical card in one pile etc. Each application is dealt with independently. For example, someone with a very similar situation to you may not get HEAR and you may.

The only way to know if you are eligible or not is to apply and see.

That is my understanding of HEAR anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Hear applications are dealt with on a one by one basis. So when your application goes in, they don't group all application with a medical card in one pile etc. Each application is dealt with independently. For example, someone with a very similar situation to you may not get HEAR and you may.

The only way to know if you are eligible or not is to apply and see.

That is my understanding of HEAR anyway!
    Thank you

Advertisement