Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenland Express: Snow showers possible from Monday night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

dermiek wrote: »
    Nothing yet in Galway City. Showers of rain and cold, but don't know what temp.

Sleety/snow mix in the East of the city at least

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

sleety showers here, north cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

More flakes in the mix now, would say above 150m in Dublin will have some covering of snow by this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Some wet snow starting to fall here in Tipperary. Expecting to see a good covering on the hills around my area by tomorrow morning. Hopefully we'll see a few flakes of the white stuff before the night is out on lower ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

it was snowing in Naas up to 5min ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temperature gradually coming down. If the snow continues will have a dusting by evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Cooleys / Mournes look white from the South

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    More flakes in the mix now, would say above 150m in Dublin will have some covering of snow by this evening.

yup, high ground areas such as Dublin and Wicklow mountains may get a slight covering by this evening. For low lying areas I expect a continuation of wintry showers with everything thrown into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Live webcam image at my station webcamimage.jpg
    http://carlowweather.com/webcamimage.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

I'm at 120 asl, in sandyford.
    Sleet at the moment but right on the verge of becoming snow.

I'd say from tallaght up will see a bit of lying snow, if we get the precip

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a big beefy shower is approaching my area now from the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Nothing to get excited about but finally getting some snow here now, looks heavier then it is thanks to the wind, Rathkenny area of meath

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Wet snow in Tallaght.

Less and less blue sky here in East Meath / Louth. Dull, no precip in about an hour.

sleet starting here now and turning to snow as it gets heavier. Still i've yet to see proper snowflakes today, maybe this will be the shower that delivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Just sleet from that shower in North Kildare, nothing to get excited about

snowing here now. Infact this is the first snow I've seen fall here all winter during daylight hours. Strong winds with alot of very small flakes making it look heavier than it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Wet sleety snow on and off for last 30 minutes here in Firhouse / Ballycullen we just at foot of Dublin mountains. Can see they are lightly covered, temp refusing to drop below 2C......
    Wish I knew what the dewpoint was....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Snowing in drogheda now

• Advertisement

moderate snow here now, flakes almost the size of 1 cent coins. I was hoping for dinner plates but this will do for now.

Gonzo wrote: »
    moderate snow here now, flakes almost the size of 1 cent coins. I was hoping for dinner plates but this will do for now.

What a difference an hour makes. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Sleety rain but mostly rain here, not cold enough. 2.7c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

sustained falls of biggish flakes here the last half hour - seems to be sticking around the edges - despite the damp - cold out too.

S. Sligo
    90m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Glencullen lovely snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Rain shower in Dublin 2, but intermittently it changed to a sleet/rain mix.

It will get colder over the next few hours. The problem for us Dubs is that by the time it is cold enough for snow, the intensity of the showers may have dropped off a notch.

still snowing here, but the flakes are just far too small and the intensity keeps changing between light and moderate so there is nothing sticking anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Decent hail and small snow flake shower now in D14, 2.7C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

D15 the last 5 minutes, snowing away. Big flakes now.
    Think this is also the first snow I've seen in daylight all winter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement