Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenland Express: Snow showers possible from Monday night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Some very wet bits of snow after the incessant hail shower here, very gusty, West Clare. No temperature, DP or humidity thanks to my dead Davis :P

I note Knock is -1c with Snow, and Shannon is +2c with Snow and recent thunderstorm hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tartetatin

Remind me where you are Gonzo. Just a dusting off the blessington lakes

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Graupel, snow and hail in Carlow and sticking :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Gonzo wrote: »
    driving snow here now, blizzard like conditions and snow settling on grass and driveway.

I think settling snow in Meath is a good bellweather that this event has happened and the thread justified. Kudos to Kermit. Though the widespread settling snow the GFS predicted hasn't happened either (so far) mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Gonzo wrote: »
    driving snow here now, blizzard like conditions and snow settling on grass and driveway.

I have been waiting years to read that! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Coming down fairly heavy and seems to be settling in Claremorris.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

More lightning here in Castlebar. Lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

See Netweather radar below. Doesn't paste well but you can make out that Ireland is the island on the left! Have been watching it all day. Pink slowly taking over. Pink was confined to Ulster at 11am this morning. If this is correct then you need to be a bit away from the west coast before it turns to snow.

10p.png

Met Eireann and Gaoth Laidir have been spot on so far in that really only Connacht and Ulster would see any snow lying at any lower levels.

The showers seems to be disappearing in north cork anyway. I thought we might get a dusting at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Kids ran out in to the blizzard in Meath. Grass has light layer. Patio slush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Light to moderate snow in Galway, too windy to stick anywhere, showers are very short-lived also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

tartetatin wrote: »

Dunshaughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Heavy snow shower here with vis down to about 150 meters. A light, watery covering. Gusty.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

tartetatin wrote: »

Dunshaughlin in Meath. Can hear the delight of kids in the neighbourhood. Some of them weren't even born for the 2010 event so this is a first in a lifetime event for some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Light to moderate snow in Galway, too windy to stick anywhere, showers are very short-lived also.

Heavy snow Dublin 15...Blanchardstown.....and stickin

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I've been waiting 8 years to say this:

Bucketing down snow in Lusk!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Heavy snow at Grange now, at last! It's beautiful :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Clonsilla end of D15, snowing away the last 15 minutes. Fairly big shower too looking at the radar.

Edit, ugh jinxed it. Its stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭typhoony

I think settling snow in Meath is a good bellweather that this event has happened and the thread justified. Kudos to Kermit. Though the widespread settling snow the GFS predicted hasn't happened either (so far) mind you.

Kermit wasn't far off with his predictions, maybe went wrong predicting the event starting a bit earlier than has actually happened, not a countrywide event but not a compete no snow show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Met Eireann and Gaoth Laidir have been spot on so far in that really only Connacht and Ulster would see any snow lying at any lower levels.

The showers seems to be disappearing in north cork anyway. I thought we might get a dusting at least.

Snow line seems to be dropping more and more south in keeping with predicted falling temps, DPs and thickness. If there is precipitation from 6pm to 1am it will be snow (perhaps wet snow) that falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Heavy snow at Grange now, at last! It's beautiful :eek:.

Fair play Syran! first time I recall you reporting snow this winter.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowing now in Dublin 16. 1.5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

https://youtu.be/H1PA0G5ixuo

Terrible quality but these are the conditions in west mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Snowing in Tallaght now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Snowing moderately in Arklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Mother Russia

Iron Maiden

Mother Russia how are you sleeping
    Middle winter cold winds blow
    From the trees snow flakes drifting
    Swirling around like ghost's in the snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Meath is in Leinster :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Last shower was has stuck a little near Tullow
    https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/953301187771752448

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Me and sryan finally get our wishes . Hooray!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Snow line seems to be dropping more and more south in keeping with predicted falling temps, DPs and thickness. If there is precipitation from 6pm to 1am it will be snow (perhaps wet snow) that falls.

Hope so. Just another squally rain shower here again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Heavy snow in Rush, north co Dublin, even on the beach!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement