Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenland Express: Snow showers possible from Monday night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Roads not gritted going to be messy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

gabeeg wrote: »
    I've no idea if it's sticking or not, just that the traffic is already very crappy

People in this country forget how to drive the second it starts snowing. It doesn't matter whether it sticks or not, they just take leave of their senses the second they see a flake. I've never understood it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Heavy snow shower just gone through. Covering on the grass. Starting to stick to the roads and roofs too. 0.7c/-0.4cDP

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Steady light to moderate snow in Dublin 16. Sticking readily now. 0.9c DP -0.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Snow coming down nicely now in D14.

Excellent news, since i live in goatstown. the kids will be excited to see it falling, hoped it was sticking as it's not yet in leopardstown at work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Rougies wrote: »
    They're fairly big and chunky flakes here in Dublin, which is strange because they're the same showers that are passing over you towards Dublin.

Not heavy enough to get a decent covering, but nice to look at.

Had them earlier alright. This was just something unique to the last couple of showers. Very fine flakes, and many of them which helped reduce vis all the more.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light snow falling here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

gabeeg wrote: »
    I've no idea if it's sticking or not, just that the traffic is already very crappy
    Some parts of the M50 are on quite high ground in south co Dublin so it wouldn't surprise me if snow was sticking in places?
    See Docarch post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Cork city snow shield is still fully operational :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Squally hail shower here in north cork. Better than the rain anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

light/moderate snow shower now. Hopefuly we will have a few more hours of potential showers

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Heavy snow D15 hopefully sticks later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

kenmc wrote: »
    Excellent news, since i live in goatstown. the kids will be excited to see it falling, hoped it was sticking as it's not yet in leopardstown at work :(

Very heavy now- starting to stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Heavy snow shower here in Firhouse / Ballycullen, sticking nicely......I'd say 0.5cm!! Not a huge amount but I'll take it....first lying snow in over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭lolie

It's finally happening. After plenty of showers today, some heavy it's sticking now even on the roads after a big shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Currently 0.5c & very windy all day with daytime temperatures averaging around 2.0c and a brief high of 4.0c

Galtee Mountains had good covering of snow earlier

We've had sleet, hail and snow that hasn't settled as yet. Wind has really started to rise again in the last hour making near blizzard like conditions when the showers hit ...

Land is completely beyond saturation point with considerable risk of localised flooding with more precipitation tonight/ tmrw forecast

130 M asl

North Cork/ Limerick Tipperary border

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

just had a really heavy..... rain.. shower in cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Radar is a lovely shade of red on net weather.

438849.png

• Advertisement

Just to keep today's M.E chart in the archives:

ISO_TODAY_ATL.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Enjoy the sneachta this evening folks :P

Sky has turned black here, which just enhances the light white covering on the ground and roofs. Winter twilight.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Full on snow and sticking to grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Heavy enough snow in Maynooth for last 45 minutes, reasonably constantly. Everything turning white now after wet start

From twilight to total darkness in a matter of minutes. Some angry sounding gusts.

New Moon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    From twilight to total darkness in a matter of minutes. Some angry sounding gusts.

I'd love to know where Down in the Park is. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Just had a heavyish snow shower but still not sticking. 1.1C, DP -0.7C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Light snow, everything turning ................ wet, not sticking but temp has fallen a bit. 0.9c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Patser wrote: »
    Heavy enough snow in Maynooth for last 45 minutes, reasonably constantly. Everything turning white now after wet start

And its stopped again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement