Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenland Express: Snow showers possible from Monday night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Glencullen very heavy roads bad cars getting stuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

This wet snow type of blizzard we're experiencing reminds me of 1st Feb 1988. More snow from this though as the Feb 1988 event was really just high ground.

NOAA_1_1988020106_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Wonderfully heavy flakes falling here for a good 40 minutes. Not a hint of it lying anywhere, but I don't really care about that. Wasn't expecting this much falling at all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Stopped here now with a sight dusting on cars and grass. Should be some more light/moderate showers on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

A shame we dont have many Armagh/Monaghan boardsies. Having a gawk around the North on Snapmaps and some very impressive snow depths. Can't trace locations to exact elevations but one clip from Armagh easily had 15cm+ and snowing heavily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Finally getting enough snow thats beginning to settle and turn the grass white, wind has picked up considerably and its like a blizzard out there again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

a blustery wintry shower just passed through here in tipp. Left a slushy mess on grass and on top of cars.

So that's the mighty 2010 winter beaten again in terms of total snowfall, only took a 5 min wintry shower with wet snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Blizzard conditions while driving in KK just now. Hard to see road ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fair play to the lads that called this on here

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still snowing in Dublin 16, but fairly lightly. 0.7c DP -0.3c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Snowing in Ballsbridge, glad I got to walk in it. It's the first time to walk in a snow shower since 2010.

Hopefully there will be more before the winter is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Looking at the radar, the showers coming in off the Northwest Coast seem to be getting more intense, hopefully they will make it all the way across the country! I'm hoping there might be a few surprises overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

In the space of 5mins everything is white, heavy snow falling, didnt expect this at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Went to shop no snow
    Spent 10 minutes in shop, came out and had a lovely dusting. Hopefully we get another bit tonight. Back to work Monday so would love a snow day with the little fellas

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

kod87 wrote: »
    a blustery wintry shower just passed through here in tipp. Left a slushy mess on grass and on top of cars.

So that's the mighty 2010 winter beaten again in terms of total snowfall, only took a 5 min wintry shower with wet snow.

In 2010, we had 15/20 centimetres lying for weeks in west Dublin..both in November and December.

This evening is a drop in the ocean unless you are from south kerry or south Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Theres a lad on a snowboard doing downhill runs past our house now (in Glasgow). We get a fair bit of snow up here, but thats definitely the first time I've seen someone snowboarding down the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭sjb25

Heavy snow falling outside of ferns Co Wexford sticking to grass and car didn’t expect it here in fairness

In 2010, we had 15/20 centimetres lying for weeks in west Dublin..both in November and December.

This evening is a drop in the ocean unless you are from south kerry or south Cork.

Obviously I am only talking about my specific location, there was no snow here in 2010, making it a below average winter for snowfall at my specific location in central tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sliabh beagh

whiteout conditions here in north monaghan. constant snow showers since this morn and but was a bit slushy. since afternoon snow has got drier and heavier. must be at least 4 or 5 inches on grass now. heard monaghan town practically undriveable a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Still snowing in Dublin 16, but fairly lightly. 0.7c DP -0.3c atm.

It’s sticking to the kitchen window here outside Arklow,the flakes are large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Snow lying here on the roads and grass on the wexford/wicklow boarder. We are 150m asl. Also warning to drivers I met a bmw who couldn't get up a hill and another car on its roof on my usual 5 minute drive home from work. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So Dublin traffic is already mental as a result of this from Google Maps/103.2 FM, but what's it like heading out the M7 through Kildare and Laois? Just wet or is it sticking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I like the look of that big pink shower just NW of cork city.....

Its getting pinker and pinker so well on track for idea that from 6pm it'll be snow for most (where the precipitation falls)

10p.png

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

kod87 wrote: »
    Obviously I am only talking about my specific location, there was no snow here in 2010, making it a below average winter for snowfall at my specific location in central tipp

You must have been very unlucky in 2010, here's the sat image of the coverage 2010 satellite_uk_241210_mid.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

moderate/heavy snow now. a joy to watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Its getting pinker and pinker so well on track for idea that from 6pm it'll be snow for most (where the precipitation falls)

10p.png

sorry but is it just me that can't make out the counties in that picture? I just see pink and white!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Heavy snow at the moment in Gorey.

jds0ur wrote: »
    You must have been very unlucky in 2010, here's the sat image of the coverage 2010 satellite_uk_241210_mid.jpg

yep. I'm in the slightly faded white area in mid tipp, it was just a very hard permanent frost, there was no snow on ground but everything was white with frost for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

10p.png

Just rain here I am afraid. Just the wrong side of marginal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Heavy snow shower Wexford town last half hour and has stuck. Was not expecting that at all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement