Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenland Express: Snow showers possible from Monday night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

snowing in Kilkenny city center but not sticking.....yet

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Is the snow finished for night now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Think we had a hail shower here in north cork. Slushy white mess. If it freezes god help us!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

catrat12 wrote: »
    Is the snow finished for night now
    Don't think so,sure folk said this evening was the time for our fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Got plastered in East Meath there, cars were covered and it has now frozen on the cars. Not sure of temp but dropped off a lot in the past hour. Been a few years since I have seen a snow shower like that. Big big flakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Think we had a hail shower here in north cork. Slushy white mess. If it freezes god help us!

on netweather radar it gets pinker the further east you travel so you need a decent fetch across land for snow it seems. Hence Cork city might do better than mallow for example which is unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Gonzo wrote: »
    hasn't snowed here since the 4pm shower. Much of what fell has thawed, still some snow in the garden but its dissapeared from paths and roads. The remaining snow is now starting to freeze. Could be some dangerous driving counditions with slush and surface water starting to freeze.

Quietened down here a lot shower wise too. Temp back up to 1.4c.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

on netweather radar it gets pinker the further east you travel so you need a decent fetch across land for snow it seems. Hence Cork city might do better than mallow for example which is unusual.

Just looked out now and flakes swirling abou the lamppost. Next heavy shower might be the white gold.

Big flash of lightning just now! :D

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

South Meath and most of Dublin is missing out on the showers at this stage. I've been tracking the showers as they move south-eastwards and the showers break up over Meath and Dublin, but remain intact south and north through Kildare and Louth. Right now there is another band approaching and I can already see the middle section breaking up. There is another band behind that again, and I can already see the start of the middle section weakening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow has stopped now in Dublin 16. 0.6c atm. Has left a decent enough dusting on roofs, cars, grass....roads and paths are just slushy/wet.

Lightning knocked out streetlights on my housing estate but sky looks orange over town so big shower moving in.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Yes and no, it showed green here but it was almost full on snow, so it's not that accurate

Violent snow shower/blizzard here now.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Yes and no, it showed green here but it was almost full on snow, so it's not that accurate
    On the Netweather site green can mean rain/snow - they make that clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Looking out my window here in Tipperary and it's like a blizzard gale force winds and the snow swirling around. It has started to lodge even though the roads were wet. It will be Interesting to see how much distribution will be caused in certain parts of the country tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Big flash of lightning just now! :D

Where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

And the metar from here at the near Arklow airport
    ++SN :D

Where are you?

NE Galway.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Snowing again in cork City :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Snowing in clonsilla Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

sjb25 wrote: »
    Heavy snow falling outside of ferns Co Wexford sticking to grass and car didn’t expect it here in fairness

Just went out to put the bin out Starting to stick on footpath and tarmac here road slushy now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

epic blizzard now just past claregalway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Just watching the Six One News and the lovely Siobhan has just said there is a snow warning for lower levels aswell as high ground. Northern Ireland is getting a good old dumping at the moment. For me I have seen more snow falling this Winter than I did durning the 2010 big freeze. We got -12 2010 but just a few flurries durning that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Boards weather forum this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Well done Kermit

Its a whiteout in Sligo like you said

Roads lethal.

Dunno why they arent gritted in Sligo town at all

Not sure how to attach pics that show.

Anyone?

epic blizzard now just past claregalway!
    Mini blizzard passed though now. All quite again here.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Since people are all comparing this to 2010, it will take a LOT of snow to beat my 2010 totals here. I can remember the days of 2010 very vividly building snowmen and having snowball fights with local children at the time. Silly me did not take any photos in 2010.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

In Waterford City showers have eased off the last few hours. We had two heavy snow showers earlier but they just didn't last long enough for anything to stick. Temp has risen to 3.2c from 1.9c in the last hour but dew points have fallen to 0.2c. Just a case of radar watching and hope the precipitation is heavy enough to bring the transition to snow.

www.waterfordweather.com for live data and Youtube Stream

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Snowing again in cork City :D

Not where I am in the city centre though! :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement