Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenland Express: Snow showers possible from Monday night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Will it freeze over night as planning to run to work in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

D15 a while ago. Had about 20 mins of heavy snow. Has stuck a little

26903704_10156144994887422_3843851635862804754_n.jpg?oh=e561dfc4dcedc378d0d82ec9a1cf27ac&oe=5AF60B86

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Hi, could anyone be kind enough to tell me if there if anything more on the radar for Offaly this evening? I don’t want to spend half the night lamppost watching for nothing. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

MissMoc wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone be kind enough to tell me if there if anything more on the radar for Offaly this evening? I don’t want to spend half the night lamppost watching for nothing. Thanks in advance.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭No Bills

Dublin 14 after a heavy snow shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

near to Banbridge, north of Newry, been snowing on and off all day, at least 3" at the moment
    phone pic through window, sorry quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

A couple of centimetres in Dublin 15. Enough for a snowball fight with the kids.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Plenty more showers to come.

5Z2r3qZ.gif

fhHWS5T.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Snowing goodo near Arklow again
    Good dry snow
    0.7/-1

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

Indeed. Once you go up to Ravensdale it's a different world. The M1 was a mess there at 4:30. Can imagine what's it like now. They have been plowing it since the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Casement reporting moderate to heavy snow at 8pm. That's a rare status for Dublin these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Is this suppose to clear in the morning or continue tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mad seeing pubs and shops closed it’s like Xmas day

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Any more snow coming in the Dublin direction ??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I have never seen wind drive snow as hard in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Ferns Co Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Driving down the M7 in the last hour and just outside Kildare the motorway disappeared (no gritters out) and heavy snowfall. Was a bit dodgy for a few km but it's pretty much died off just past the Laois border.

Crazy stuff.. this is why I hate this sort of weather. We are never prepared for it, it causes chaos and it adds significantly to the stress and hassle of an already long commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think ice will only be an issue where snow has actually settled on pavements. Outside of these areas the wind will help keep ice from forming so it will remain wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lillielad

Will there be more snow it Letterkenny lads, sorry for asking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

So, do I put the winter tyres on the bike or not. Decisions decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭arctictree

0.6c here and snowing on and off all day. Very little settled though. Cars are white.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

D15 a while ago. Had about 20 mins of heavy snow. Has stuck a little

26903704_10156144994887422_3843851635862804754_n.jpg?oh=e561dfc4dcedc378d0d82ec9a1cf27ac&oe=5AF60B86

"It was falling softly upon the Bog of Allen and, further westwards, softly falling into the dark mutinous Shannon waves. It was falling too upon every part of the lonely churchyard where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay thickly drifted on the crooked crosses and headstones, on the spears of the little gate, on the barren thorns. His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

-James Joyce: 'The Dead'.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Plenty of lying sneachta on the estates around my part of Tallaght. Great to see! Fair play Kermit you never gave up the ghost!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Snowman alert in the Cavan area!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Drove from Dub to the Mon Fermanagh border this evening. Nightmare. You only appreciate road markings when they are gone. Was in the company of a lot of responsible road users though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Has become deathly black with a weird glow over the fires of hell.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Driving down the M7 in the last hour and just outside Kildare the motorway disappeared (no gritters out) and heavy snowfall. Was a bit dodgy for a few km but it's pretty much died off just past the Laois border.

Crazy stuff.. this is why I hate this sort of weather. We are never prepared for it, it causes chaos and it adds significantly to the stress and hassle of an already long commute.

Buying gritters or snow ploughs ain't cheap and having them lying around not been used for years on end is pointless.

The last time I seen snow like this in rathfarnham was 7 years ago and the extra few minutes it takes to get home safe is not an issue and that snow will be gone by the morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    "It was falling softly upon the Bog of Allen and, further westwards, softly falling into the dark mutinous Shannon waves. It was falling too upon every part of the lonely churchyard where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay thickly drifted on the crooked crosses and headstones, on the spears of the little gate, on the barren thorns. His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

-James Joyce: 'The Dead'.

A favorite of mine, I have to admit to monologging on my way home, watching the snow gently drift across the lights of the M50.
    Peaceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

-1.3 in Offaly, what has fallen so far has frozen and the wind is picking up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement