Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenland Express: Snow showers possible from Monday night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Blizzard in swords, everything white now.
    Kermit I owe you a pint sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Nothing yet in Cabinteely...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Only a few flakes here. Bamboozled by the radar again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

The GFS was suggesting a complete 2010 scenario in its snow charts,

This is not how I read the GFS charts.

Using 'XCWeather':

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Tuam

you can get a good idea of what a particular GFS run shows for pretty much most localities in the country, (inc snow accumulation) and for me, as I said earlier, it showed nothing more than a few cms in total, and this going back since 4 days ago.

Siding with the ECM/Hirlam, which I tend to do in scenarios like this, I actually expected nothing regarding snow today.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I have the outside light on and its been so long since I've seen falling snow as I watch the garden turning white. 0.2c.
    Its even sticking on the road outside! If skies clear later its going to be mental in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Snowing in Dublin City ..confirmed by sticking my head out the windows and getting a great big flake right in the eye:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Pretty heavy snow now in raheny. Starting to settle on the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Moderate snow shower

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Total whiteout now going on outside. Proper driving blizzard conditions, I could hardly stand in it.

It will be a real shame if this melts away fast later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Gonzo wrote: »
    Total whiteout now going on outside. Proper driving blizzard conditions, I could hardly stand in it.

It will be a real shame if this melts away fast later tonight.

Still 0c in Ballyhaise and Dunsany. If enough lands hopefully it will keep temps just the right side of 0 for a bit?

I swear I just saw massive puffy white flakes going upwards. Didn't realise they were so big until a flurry belted into the window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Greetings fro Croghan on the Wicklow Wexford border :D

294e2a13493dbadb9508fcf653e53f59.jpg

c1e9a653eef3a9a9e07b1b0368661fa8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    This is not how I read the GFS charts.

Using 'XCWeather':

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Tuam

you can get a good idea of what a particular GFS run shows for pretty much most localities in the country, (inc snow accumulation) and for me, as I said earlier, it showed nothing more than a few cms in total, and this going back since 4 days ago.

Siding with the ECM/Hirlam, which I tend to do in scenarios like this, I actually expected nothing regarding snow today.

Ok, I accept it, for Chooam the ECM and Hirlam were wrong, but in the greater scheme of things, over the rest of Ireland and Scotland, no. :D

Glad you got some at last. You seem to be living in the worst part of the country weatherwise, so you were due a break! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Epic last 10 minutes in Mulhuddart D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Good snow the last 20 mins in clonsilla. Settling all over. Well lined up for another 40 mins of snow looking at the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Total whiteout in D11

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

3/4 centimetres in Dublin 15..Castleknock/Blancgardstown.

Bluzzard at the moment.

Knew it would spit something but really wasn't expecting this. Around 1cm now near Malahide.

It literally never snows this close to the sea, pic above was taken closer to St Margarets. Even when the likes of Blanch and Tallaght get it an inch thick. Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

3/4 centimetres in Dublin 15..Castleknock/Blancgardstown.

Bluzzard at the moment.

Blizzard even!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Heavy snow in Ringsend again, sticking to cars and roofs. Bear in mind this is basically sea level. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Must say the netweather radar is very good at identifying the precipitation falling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Almost full on blizzard conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Good snow the last 20 mins in clonsilla. Settling all over. Well lined up for another 40 mins of snow looking at the radar.

In Clonsilla myself. Starting to settle on the street now. Lovely to see it. Pelting away outside. Tempted to go for a stroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Drivers getting stuck. Haven't seen that since 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭hawkwing

No snow from Westerlies in January,what a joke.I remember many times in the mid 80's early 90's getting a few inches of snow-- even about easter from W/NW in South Tipp.It would not last long unless it fell at night but this is Jan and to write it off was nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Nothing yet in Cabinteely...

Some now. Nice flakes but not "Blizzard" .

Nice though...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lillielad

Feck all in Letterkenny atm :(

Drivers getting stuck. Haven't seen that since 2010.

Saw one today near Naas. Driving the wrong way down the R445 dual carriageway. Snow probably disorientated him but luckily he copped it and turned when I lit him up like a christmas tree with the headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Heavy horizontal snow here in Portmarnock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Really coming down heavy in dublin 5. Great to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nothing happening my way

Newcastle Dublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement