Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenland Express: Snow showers possible from Monday night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Blizzard in Dun laoghaire, really heavy snow.

Only up the road in bray and nothing for the last few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

ruyxb9.jpg
    Can someone tell me what them white balls on top of the snow are?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Another thumping on the way for Dublin and Meath, but looks like that will be our lot. A lot more green (and worse, blue, ugh) after the top-of-the-hour radar updates. :(

0d481666d35a2730d43ffdaea15743d8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Got loads of pics. Full on snow here in D11. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

ruyxb9.jpg

Graupel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

ruyxb9.jpg

Looks like graupel.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

Saganist wrote: »
    Got loads of pics. Full on snow here in D11. :)

lol its hammering down alright :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Stuck for words . What a surprise . Westerlys can come like this anytime :))

I'm kinda shocked with the amount of snow especially from where it's come from. This has to be one of the greatest Atlantic snowfalls I've seen since the early 1980s. A good 3 to 4 inches here now. If nothing melts tonight I reckon the schools here will be shut tomorrow. Everything here is covered in snow. A proper snowfall. This is definitely the best snow I've seen since 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'm kinda shocked with the amount of snow especially from where it's come from. This has to be one of the greatest Atlantic snowfalls I've seen since the early 1980s. A good 3 to 4 inches here now. If nothing melts tonight I reckon the schools here will be shut tomorrow. Everything here is covered in snow. A proper snowfall. This is definitely the best snow I've seen since 2010.
    I' m delighted for you,you deserved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Just measured 8 inches in my garden. :)

muxsfs.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Only up the road in bray and nothing for the last few hours

Weird.. It's been snowing for the past half hour here in Shankill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

And also ignore all the abundance of green spots which the ECM did show.

Hirlam (yesterday's and this morning's Estonian model) showed nothing more than some sleet for northern counties for today.

Anyway, I am tired of arguing about which model said what, because in the end, it doesn't really matter. What matters is what people on the ground experienced.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It's still pouring out of the heavens at Grange with snow, this is absolutely crazy. Not that I'm complaining. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Canterelle

Still snowing here in d20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Still pelting down with snow in dublin 5. Strange given we are so close to the coast

Looks like another band may be incoming to Greater Dublin region.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

Not a great shot but as good as i can get inside as it's freezing outside, the roof got a nice smaldering.
    14kzhpe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »

And normally I am saying that I am getting the good stuff, at less than 20 KM to your south west however this time you have got the goods. I have just a dusting. Measured only 3cm on the car outside. The roads have only a dusting although the are treacherous with ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Both sleety snow and unfortunately the sound of drops falling from the trees here now.

Starting to slush off the car as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Just poped my head out the front door before hitting the hay. Lashing snow in D13. Shocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,676 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Stopped now.

Nice covering - round 2 incoming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Still snowing away, moderate intensity and small flakes. Will stay up to see what happens with the next band before calling it a night

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just very light snow/snizzle in Dublin 16 for the last 30 minutes.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Just very light snow/snizzle in Dublin 16 for the last 30 minutes.

Prepare for Rd 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

A nice coating on everything here now! Really wasn't expecting much snowfall at all here in Dublin from this spell, much less any accumulation. Took me back a few year! Very happy with today. :) All we need now is a proper easterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Clonsilla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temperature on the rise here now. Up to 1c after being stuck at 0c since earlier this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ok, I accept it, for Chooam the ECM and Hirlam were wrong, but in the greater scheme of things, over the rest of Ireland and Scotland, no. :D

That's just not true....
    There has been snow accumulations in places other than Tuam. The gfs was wrong in it's timing, but overall it was far more accurate this time than the ecm, which predicted rain showers mostly at lower levels. Indeed places that would rarely see settling snow from a westerly have done so this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Dublin 7 about 20 minutes ago:

E9oUpue.jpg

ZC8SDVA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Stopped now.

Nice covering - round 2 incoming!

After today, you have gained a whole new respect from me man, you are a legend! I swear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement