Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag recommendations for Limerick

• 11-01-2018 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am in the process of organising a stag at the minute and we are looking at heading to Limerick for it. I was wondering if any of the locals might be able to point me ion the right direction for places to eat/drink and especially to stay as there seems to be quite a lot of options. Any activities we could look into doing which would not be too far from the city as it looks like we will only be down for 1 day/night.

As most of us have never been out in limerick before all recommendations are welcome :)

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

I know of one stag that came from Engerland last summer, about 8 of them, and they had a very good weekend. They stayed at the Boutique Hotel on Denmark Street, went greyhound racing on the Friday night, and then a tour of city pubs on Saturday. They liked the live band in Jerry Flannery's and also visited the Red Hen, Flannerys (Denmark St), Nancy Blakes, Cobblstone Joes and maybe one or 2 others. Age group was late 20's to late 30's. They tried to get into D'Icon but were too p*ssed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

I know of one stag that came from Engerland last summer, about 8 of them, and they had a very good weekend. They stayed at the Boutique Hotel on Denmark Street, went greyhound racing on the Friday night, and then a tour of city pubs on Saturday. They liked the live band in Jerry Flannery's and also visited the Red Hen, Flannerys (Denmark St), Nancy Blakes, Cobblstone Joes and maybe one or 2 others. Age group was late 20's to late 30's. They tried to get into D'Icon but were too p*ssed.

Sounds ideal, we would be of a similar age profile to them and something similar plans wise. I have dropped the Boutique hotel an email to see if they have any vacancies but I think it might be a bit late in the day getting organised as there online booking tool shows no vacancies. We will see....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Boutique Hotel is probably closest thing to a hostel in Limerick, its cheap and if all you need is a bed, then its perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    The Boutique Hotel is probably closest thing to a hostel in Limerick, its cheap and if all you need is a bed, then its perfect.

That and the Pier Hotel. Both can be acquired for small money unless there's an event on in the city. The Pier at least, if you're lucky, has limited parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

What about Limerick City Hotel (Old Jurys Inn) ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

For activities I would really recommend kayaking with Getwest or Nevsail. It's great fun if you have a gang together and is right in the city centre. Also, would recommend the Limerick city carriage tour. I was on in at Christmas time with a group and it was brilliant. You can bring drink on with you and is a lovely way to see the city and start the evening.

https://www.getwest.ie/
    http://www.limerickcarriagetours.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In Stag experience Activities are often scuppered by Sport being on the TV. Check if there's any games on that day on TV or even locally for that matter because they'll get in the way because some will want to watch them and not do any activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

the paint balling is popular with stags as well. You'll need to organize transport buts it a good way to spend an afternoon

Advertisement