Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bar in Limerick for 18th

• 11-01-2018 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Friend of mine daughter wants to have 18th birthday party in a bar in Limerick. They are quiet girls not mad at all and just want a nice venue with good music and a bit of finger food. Anyone any good suggestions it can be in town or suburbs

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I've been to a few events (hen party, birthdays, NYE) in House and they were lovely. They do platters of finger food and nice cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

The age profile is House is way to old for an 18th. Although it is a great spot for what you mention

The Red Hen does exactly the same thing for people half the age of those in House :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Flannerys opposite smyths, upstairs in the Locke bar, downstairs in brimstone restaurant by the bar... red hen as suggested.

All depends on crowd size/numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Upstairs in the locke. Can remember going there for first year class parties in college few years ago.

Mollys upstairs maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭MrLaurel

Hooked wrote: »
    Flannerys opposite smyths, upstairs in the Locke bar, downstairs in brimstone restaurant by the bar... red hen as suggested.

All depends on crowd size/numbers

Red Hen and Flannerys are over 23s. You haven't a hope of booking an 18th in either one of those places or House, Nancys etc etc.

I'd pick the local GAA / Rugby club myself

• Advertisement

yogalady wrote: »
    Hi there

Friend of mine daughter wants to have 18th birthday party in a bar in Limerick. They are quiet girls not mad at all and just want a nice venue with good music and a bit of finger food. Anyone any good suggestions it can be in town or suburbs

Thanks

I've heard groups of young lads and girls described as that many times before and it always turns out to be a lie :pac:

Maybe The Pier Hotel can help ye out. My brother had his 40th there and there was a few other parties happening at the same time (nice sized venue) and I'm nearly sure one was an 18th.

Failing that, a GAA or rugby club is a good suggestion. The boat club used to be popular for 18th's back when I was that age too but not sure if thats still the case. Worth a call anyway. Either way I hope they have a great night, don't stay quiet and do go a bit mad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

18th birthdays are seen as a risk by a lot of bars as most kids turning 18 have friends that are under 18 and bars just don't want to take the chance. I do know that the unicorn held one recently for a friend of my niece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'd have it at home tbh - most parents in my local neighbourhood have had the 18th at home as most bars wont take 18th birthdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

My girlfriend and her friend had a double 21st in the Ardhú bar on the Ennis road and it was great, lovely place.

https://www.facebook.com/Ardhu-Bar-114608991085/

Advertisement