Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW23 Captain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

That's just simply not true.

Well that's my opinion.

Who's more likely to try and be able shut up shop?
    Allardyce against Spurs or Klopp against the league's best attack in Man City?

Everton's defence has impressed me since Sam came in, much more than Klopp's Liverpool has all season.

We'll see, but I need to be gambling a bit to catch rivals. Risky I know, as Spurs can score freely against anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

shineon23 wrote: »
    Well that's my opinion.

Everton's defence has impressed me since Sam came in, much more than Klopp's Liverpool has all season.

We'll see, but I need to be gambling a bit to catch rivals. Risky I know, as Spurs can score freely against anyone.

I have Kenny & Gomez at the moment (may make a transfer), both on the bench, Kenny Sub1, Gomez Sub2. IMO, Spurs more likely to 'blank' than City but can't see either keeping a CS this week

I have Kenny & Gomez at the moment (may make a transfer), both on the bench, Kenny Sub1, Gomez Sub2. IMO, Spurs more likely to 'blank' than City but can't see either keeping a CS this week

That's similar to my thinking. Can see Everton as more capable of parking the bus.
    And its not Liverpool's style of play to sit back, shut up shop and defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Well that's my opinion.

Your opinion is that Everton are more solid at the back is incorrect tho? Just because you say it's an opinion doesn't make it true.

Liverpool have conceded 4 goals at home this season. Yes they are against the best attacking team in the league, but Everton have haven't been as good at the back as would be expected since Sam took over.

Realistically both are going to concede but I'd think that the Liverpool defenders would have a higher chance of scoring.

Your opinion is that Everton are more solid at the back is incorrect tho? Just because you say it's an opinion doesn't make it true.

Liverpool have conceded 4 goals at home this season. Yes they are against the best attacking team in the league, but Everton have haven't been as good at the back as would be expected since Sam took over.

Realistically both are going to concede but I'd think that the Liverpool defenders would have a higher chance of scoring.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree, captaining Kane doesn't make sense to me this week over Aguero, with respect to rivals.

Liverpool's defenders chance of scoring is going off the point here. Its irrelevant to my choice between captaining Aguero or Kane. I don't own defenders from either club and wouldn't play them this week if I did.

In my situation I think captaining Aguero as a differential is the correct decision, if he scores, great. Very few in my league have him. If he doesnt and Kane explodes, I still have Kane points half covered against rivals captaining Kane.

Clear cut to me the more I think about it.

As always, if owning and captaining Aguero is wrong I don't want to be right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Fair enough. Agree to disagree, captaining Kane doesn't make sense to me this week over Aguero, with respect to rivals.

Liverpool's defenders chance of scoring is going off the point here. Its irrelevant to my choice between captaining Aguero or Kane. I don't own defenders from either club and wouldn't play them this week if I did.

In my situation I think captaining Aguero as a differential is the correct decision, if he scores, great. Very few in my league have him. If he doesnt and Kane explodes, I still have Kane points half covered against rivals captaining Kane.

Clear cut to me the more I think about it.

As always, if owning and captaining Aguero is wrong I don't want to be right :)

Yeh that's fair enough not here to argue! :)

On the downside I did see a stat on twitter earlier stating Aguero hasn't scored in his last 5 games in Anfield I think? Don't have the source off hand unfortunately.

Yeh that's fair enough not here to argue! :)

On the downside I did see a stat on twitter earlier stating Aguero hasn't scored in his last 5 games in Anfield I think? Don't have the source off hand unfortunately.

Well it was a nice idea. :)

Eyes glued to Aguero now for tomorrow!!

Won't roll the dice like that again for a few gameweeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    Surely just having Aguero is differential enough?

Not captaining Aguero still helps you.

Not captaining Kane could hurt you.

I tried to warn you.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I tried to warn you.

Ah yeah, I had myself talked into it though.

I still have 2 shiny Sergio's to play tomorrow and haven't lost too much ground having a good gameweek otherwise so far.

My logic was right which mean nothing in this game though.
    3 people in my league didn't captain Kane, me and 2 dead teams, it was worth the risk for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Aguero could well score twice tomorrow
    Wouldn't write it off as a fail yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Last time i ever Captain Hazard shocking stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Thought I'd risk captaining lukaku. Still might pay off but from now on Kane is my captain for every game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

kilburn wrote: »
    Last time i ever Captain Hazard shocking stuff

Last time I ever own him.

Advertisement