Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

axa insurance and named driver experience

Options
  • 11-01-2018 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, my partner is trying to get her insurance sorted with Axa.
    They gave her a quote and insured her for a month and looked for proof of named driver experience for the last 4 years.
    This is despite the fact, she's had insurance in her own name for the last ten years+ and has no claims bonus and was insured with Axa for some of the years they are looking for.
    She eventually got the proofs from the AA (they were the brooker under which she has named experience).
    And now Axa are looking for a further 3 years experience as a named driver.
    I've never seen this happen before, is this usual?
    She might have issues getting proofs for a couple of these years as some were with that Setanta crowd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So you are saying that she has held her own insurance policy for X amount of years, has provided proof of same and at the same time she was named on someone else's policy and they are requesting proof of the named experience?

Seems odd tbh.

Has there been a gap in cover on her own insurance where she was only covered as a named driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So you are saying that she has held her own insurance policy for X amount of years, has provided proof of same and at the same time she was named on someone else's policy and they are requesting proof of the named experience?

Seems odd tbh.

Has there been a gap in cover on her own insurance where she was only covered as a named driver?

For at least the last 10 years she's been insured on her own policy and for maybe 6-7 years she has also been a named driver on my policy and vice versa.
    There was a claim a few years prior on her policy. She provided the history of that. She's provided her current no claims proof and the last 4 years named driver.
    That's what they were looking for. And they said she'd be ok with that.
    Now they're looking for more from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Was her policy set up on named driving experience or no claims bonus? It's very odd for them to look for named driving experience if she has a no claims bonus.

The only reason I can think they would want the named driving experience would be if there was either a break in having her own policy or the claim was on the other policy that she was named on. Or maybe that the NCB said she had 5+ years when the policy was set up on 9 years or something to that effect.

Do you have exact timelines because it's a very unusual thing for them to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    Was her policy set up on named driving experience or no claims bonus? It's very odd for them to look for named driving experience if she has a no claims bonus.

The only reason I can think they would want the named driving experience would be if there was either a break in having her own policy or the claim was on the other policy that she was named on. Or maybe that the NCB said she had 5+ years when the policy was set up on 9 years or something to that effect.

Do you have exact timelines because it's a very unusual thing for them to ask

Not right now.
    I don't understand why they're looking for it. Nothing has changed between now and her last policy and didn't want any of this stuff.
    And to be honest, I think she was even with AXA in the last couple of years and they never looked for any of this.
    Could it just be an error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Not right now.
    I don't understand why they're looking for it. Nothing has changed between now and her last policy and didn't want any of this stuff.
    And to be honest, I think she was even with AXA in the last couple of years and they never looked for any of this.
    Could it just be an error?

It sounds like it could just be a clerical issue their side.

Having a policy in your own name negates any benefit from being concurrently named on another policy so there is zero reason for them to look for it unless there was a gap in cover.

Get her to ring them tomorrow and try and get to the bottom of it.

If the agent is still insisting it is required then get her to speak to a team leader and tell her to request they send her the reason why they are looking for it, in writing.

Get her to spell out to them that she had her full NCD and as such, named driving experience is of no consequence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement