Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cisco 2425 with a UniFi USG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Dr_Bill wrote: »
    I currently have my phone and broadband service with Virgin Media.

My router is the Cisco 2425 using IPv4. I am looking at installing a Ubiquiti UniFi Security Gateway (USG) - https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-routing/usg/ to have a proper firewall thats easy to manage.

Looking at the online below, it looks like I will have to put the Cisco 3925 router into Bridge mode.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/236281367-UniFi-How-to-Adopt-a-USG-into-an-Existing-Network

My question is this thou, will it kill the Virgin Media phone service as a result? If it does is it possible to have both?

Thanks.

Do you have the 2425 or 3925?

I have the 3925 in bridge mode with the USG. Bridge mode doesn't affect the Phone on it.

Don't know about the 2425 but you could try putting it into bridge mode and check the phone to see if it still works.

Usually the IP address of the modem will change to 192.168.100.1 when in bridge mode so you access the GUI using that address and return to router mode if it doesn't work or else do a reset

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

Do you have the 2425 or 3925?

I have the 3925 in bridge mode with the USG. Bridge mode doesn't affect the Phone on it.

Don't know about the 2425 but you could try putting it into bridge mode and check the phone to see if it still works.

Usually the IP address of the modem will change to 192.168.100.1 when in bridge mode so you access the GUI using that address and return to router mode if it doesn't work or else do a reset

Its a 3925 sorry for the confusion :)

Good to know that if I get a USG it should be simple enough to configure and get up and running.

Advertisement