If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung MU7000 Website Clarification

Options
  • 11-01-2018 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was looking at the SAMSUNG UE55MU7000 on your website and I spotted a few things that seem to be incorrect and wonder if you could clarify them.
    When you click on the main page for the above TV it says it’s a 4K Quantum Dot but in the Specifications sheet it says it’s not? and also it says this screen is 10-bit panel but I have read other places its only 8bit FRC ?
    I’m just doing my research at the moment but I hope to get a screen to use with my soon to purchase Xbox One X :D

And while I’m here what’s the best price you can do on the Samsung 55 MU8000 and delivered to Kildare?

Cheers
    Fataleight.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

fataleight wrote: »
    Hi,
      I was looking at the SAMSUNG UE55MU7000 on your website and I spotted a few things that seem to be incorrect and wonder if you could clarify them.
    When you click on the main page for the above TV it says it’s a 4K Quantum Dot but in the Specifications sheet it says it’s not? and also it says this screen is 10-bit panel but I have read other places its only 8bit FRC ?
    I’m just doing my research at the moment but I hope to get a screen to use with my soon to purchase Xbox One X :D

And while I’m here what’s the best price you can do on the Samsung 55 MU8000 and delivered to Kildare?

Cheers
    Fataleight.
    Hi Fataleight.

HMMM.....

Seems that the description on the MU7000 is incorrect, not sure how that has happened. (I'll try and get this corrected ASAP).

The 55MU7000 does not have the Quantum Dot technology. 

Regarding being 10Bit.
    I've done more checking and from what I can read the 55MU7000 is a 10 bit panel not * bit + FRC.
    https://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-ue55mu7000-4k-led-tv-review.13925

I called Samsung and they have also said that it is a 10 Bit panel.

Currently the 55MU8000 is priced at £999.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202576-ue55mu8000.aspx

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fataleight

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for the reply and I hope I didn't get anyone into trouble in mentioning the website :o

In regards to the 10 bit panel it's good know that it is but just for reference here is a link to a site that said it wasn't but it could be a typo.

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/3b6db04

I like that MU8000 but it's still a little to expensive for me at the moment, I think I'll wait a while longer and maybe it will drop in price   :D

Thanks again,

Fataleight.

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for the reply and I hope I didn't get anyone into trouble in mentioning the website :o

In regards to the 10 bit panel it's good know that it is but just for reference here is a link to a site that said it wasn't but it could be a typo.

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/3b6db04

I like that MU8000 but it's still a little to expensive for me at the moment, I think I'll wait a while longer and maybe it will drop in price   :D

Thanks again,

Fataleight.
    Hi Fataleight.

No problem at all.

I'll also keep my eye out and if i hear of any price reduction I'll try and keep you in mind.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Fatal,

thanks for that info - really valuable

We have update the info on the website and it should go live within the hour.

Thanks again for the updates and hope it didnt cause too much confusion,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fataleight

No problem John, glad to help :)

• Advertisement

No problem John, glad to help :)
    Cheers Fataleight :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.