Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad hair cut - what would you do?

Options
  • 11-01-2018 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I went to a barber (one branch of a chain) and I got an incredibly good cut around 3-4 weeks ago. I went again last week and had the same barber but this time it seems that half my head is a different length. I contacted the chain's head office as I wanted to just pop into another branch and get it fixed (prob would take 10 mins max). I named the branch but didn't want to name the barber... anyway... the branch in question directly emailed me back and asked me to go in to show them and get it fixed.

I don't really think that this is the best solution as I want to avoid the branch in question from now on because a) the cut is so bad and b) i've complained (!!). I am a bit embarrassed that I complained but it was 20 euro for a terrible hair cut...

What would ye do in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Wait for it to grow and go to a different barber. How the hell did he manage to leave your hair longer on one side?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Wait for it to grow and go to a different barber. How the hell did he manage to leave your hair longer on one side?

You should see it it's actually a bit hilarious. I didn't notice it cause it was styled and to the side when I got it done. The barber in question is there a lot so I feel bad going back to them to fix it... the manager is really nice but I am just cringing at the thoughts of going back!! But I think i might need to get it sorted sooner rather than later so growing it out isn't an option. I might even just shave it all off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Absolutely but it's not that... it's the cringe element of facing that. yes mistakes happen but i'd be worried i'd go in and be belittled or whatever once I arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

We can't really decide so we'd need to see some pics of this terrible haircut.

• Advertisement

JonnyM wrote: »
    We can't really decide so we'd need to see some pics of this terrible haircut.

NEVER!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

demfad wrote:
    So why would the GOP not ask even one question on Russian interference? A fitting answer is that they are utterly compromised.

Leroy42 wrote:
    Can it be said, that whilst Trump is terrible for democracy and really is an embarrassment to the US, things seem to be going in the right direction.
    never_mind wrote:
    You should see it it's actually a bit hilarious. I didn't notice it cause it was styled and to the side when I got it done.

Might this not be a reason why it's different lengths? The style required it to look correct.

Did you ask for the styled finish? If so, he probably did what he had to do to give you what you asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

never_mind wrote: »
    You should see it it's actually a bit hilarious. I didn't notice it cause it was styled and to the side when I got it done. The barber in question is there a lot so I feel bad going back to them to fix it... the manager is really nice but I am just cringing at the thoughts of going back!! But I think i might need to get it sorted sooner rather than later so growing it out isn't an option. I might even just shave it all off.

Just politely tell him you aren't happy with the haircut. At the opposite end of the scale I know a woman that got a hair cut she wasn't happy with and she ripped the hairdresser to shreds before she even got out of the chair. She made a holy show of herself roaring at the hairdresser saying that the haircut made her look 10 years older, no need for that carry on when all you have to do is tell them discreetly and politely that you aren't happy with it.

Might this not be a reason why it's different lengths? The style required it to look correct.

Did you ask for the styled finish? If so, he probably did what he had to do to give you what you asked for.

Definitely not. What I asked for was basically short back and sides. When I push the sides forward and my fringe down, one side of my haird reaches my temples and the other doesn't even go forward it's that short. I can cover it up a bit with some of my own styling but yeah... it's 100% not what I asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

It's not cringe or embarrassing. You're making a bigger deal in your head than it will be in reality. The salon would much prefer to fix mistake than lose a customer. Its a common occurrence so don't over think and just go back. Either that or shell out for another cut elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

You could go back in and go directly to the guy who cut your hair. Apologise for the big deal made but that you didn't realise the mistake until you left and initially felt too embarrassed to go back to the shop. I'm sure he'll understand.

RockDesk wrote: »
    You could go back in and go directly to the guy who cut your hair. Apologise for the big deal made but that you didn't realise the mistake until you left and initially felt too embarrassed to go back to the shop. I'm sure he'll understand.

Exactly, I think if he sees it he'll realise that he did mess up but it's COMPLETELY FINE. LOL.

God, this anxiety disorder of mine sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

:( Oh no! Yeah I can see how that wouldn't help! Honestly though I'd go in as soon as you can, just to get it over with. The more you wait, the more (unlikely!) scenarios you'll come up with in your head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

This reminds me of when I cut my husband's hair. He had it quite long at the time and I was like Edward Scissorshands gone wrong cutting it. Ah no it wasn't that bad considering I'm not a barber but it was a bit shorter on one side :D

OP the branch themselves emailed you directly so they are expecting you and im sure they will be nice and professional about it.

Something like that happened me before. I felt a bit awkward with the hairdresser in question but she was lovely about it and when she did the correction on my hair at no cost, I just gave her a slightly bigger tip than id usually give to show I appreciated it.

Advertisement