Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

May have been answered before but anyone know when the tickets get issued to people who paid via the installment plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

SPOILER

Full Fever Ray set from 19th March in Paris. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Playlist Updated to include new acts announced today.

SHIPS, LE BOOM, LAOISE, LYRA, Mango X MathMan, Fontaines D.C., Search Party Animal and DAY S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Loving Jon Hopkins new one, a nice companion to Immunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God it’s unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

Its brilliant. Sat out in the sun in the garden today with a beer and a smoke and listened to it from start to finish. It's a great journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah it's really very good stuff. There's so much going on in every track, each time I listen to it I notice something new. I always think that's a sign of a great artist. Really looking forward to his set now.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

AV AV AV and Baikal are on the must see list

https://www.facebook.com/BodyandSoulIreland/posts/10160295584670514
    The Vodafone Centre Stage comedy tent is once again returning to Body&Soul Festival 2018 with the best that comedy has to offer. With a host of Irish and international acts including Tommy Tiernan, ABANDOMAN, Bryony Kimmings, Jarlath Regan, Eleanor Tiernan, Chris Kent, Fred Cooke, Alison Spittle, Kevin McGahern, Joanne McNally, Dublin Comedy Improv, Andrew Stanley Comedian, Ryse & Shyne by The Sunday Assembly, This Is Your Trial - the show, Paul Currie Comedian, Dreamgun, Bright Club, Aoife Dooley Comedy, Kidocracy, Punch Lion Kids' Comedy and Niamh Marron.

Pick up your tickets here - https://atools.io/vodafonecomedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MiniFridgeMen

A little over a month out,

Who are people looking forward to the most, i'm pretty happy myself with the addition of Tommy Tiernan,

Would love to see Tank and the Bangas, Shookrah, Solué, Arca, Hopkins, AVAVAV, Mano Le Tough and Ojof Dreijer

Anyone else worth checking out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Delighted to see Tommy Tiernan added (he's also doing All Together Now).

Hopkins is my #1 to see and then after that it's the likes of Mano le Tough, James Holden, AV AV AV etc. To be honest I don't recognise a lot of the acts but that's the fun part, discovering new music with friends at a festival I've never been to before, can't wait.

To anyone working the weekend at Body & Soul, looking for a lift on Thursday 21st June in the afternoon if possible from Galway City to Body & Soul, will chip in for fuel costs and snacks. Thanks if you can help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hugeglobe

Is anyone a little disappointed with the selection of DJs this year? Feel like it was a lot stronger last year.

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Is anyone a little disappointed with the selection of DJs this year? Feel like it was a lot stronger last year.

I mean a little, just from previous years having the likes of FJAAK who are personal favorites of mine

There is a wealth of decent acts in the absolute bar, which isn't listed on the lineup, including, Ashley Beedle, Mix&Fairbanks, Fish Go Deep, Get Down Edits, Queen and Disco, HiFi Sean and Glen Brady doing a Live Hardware Set

Some good stuff in the main lineup The Drifter, AVAVAV, Bakial, Mano Le Tough, Pantha Du Prince, Olof Dreijer, Hopkins, R.Kitt

James Holden has some great stuff, but I haven't really listened to much of his "Animal Spirits" stuff so couldn't comment on that

Some decent stuff out of Bantum, 11:11 and the Sunday Times DJ's (Who closed the forest stage at Electric Picnic around 2 years ago, I remember it being very good) are all playing Wonderlust Stage and are worth a shout

http://bodyandsoul.ie/absolut-bar/

TL;DR - Plenty in there to keep you entertained, mostly disco/house over techno etc

I mean a little, just from previous years having the likes of FJAAK who are personal favorites of mine

There is a wealth of decent acts in the absolute bar, which isn't listed on the lineup, including, Ashley Beedle, Mix&Fairbanks, Fish Go Deep, Get Down Edits, Queen and Disco, HiFi Sean and Glen Brady doing a Live Hardware Set

Some good stuff in the main lineup The Drifter, AVAVAV, Bakial, Mano Le Tough, Pantha Du Prince, Olof Dreijer, Hopkins, R.Kitt

James Holden has some great stuff, but I haven't really listened to much of his "Animal Spirits" stuff so couldn't comment on that

Some decent stuff out of Bantum, 11:11 and the Sunday Times DJ's (Who closed the forest stage at Electric Picnic around 2 years ago, I remember it being very good) are all playing Wonderlust Stage and are worth a shout

http://bodyandsoul.ie/absolut-bar/

TL;DR - Plenty in there to keep you entertained, mostly disco/house over techno etc

Life festival the month before will give all the techno junkies what they need. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

Only three weeks now and the excitement is beginning to build :)

Fever Ray, WhoMadeWho, Jon Hopkins, Tsehgue are my top acts at the moment.

But really look forward to Chronixx, Shamir, O Emperor and Le Boom also.

Cant really get into James Holden...

Then there's the food, the hot tubs, Blindboy podcast, Tommy Tiernan... Think its going to.be a swell weekend all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

weather like this thrown in and we are looking at a fantastic weekend. cant wait, nick cave and patti smith as a wee warm up next week. June rocks.

If the weather is like this at B&S i'll actually go around giving everyone kisses, i'll be that happy

Nick Cave & Patti Smith is some good gigging, I have the Gorillaz next week myself, Just does rock!

Doing weekend volunteering this year but picks for me is Fever Ray, Olof Dreijer, Jon Hopkins, James Holden, Mano Le Tough, Panthu Du Prince, Shame among others, will also follow the sounds with my heart, your best guesstomitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

a few questions for those who have been before:

What brands do they serve at the bars?
    What was the typical price for a pint last year?
    What's the walk time to get from, say the main stage to other stages?

Any other tips you'd offer to a B&S noob?

EDIT: Just realised post #7 already has me asking for advice and I got some good answers, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

I was really hoping Kojaque would of been added to the list of Irish acts playing over the weekend or even be added to the 2fm thing. Is there any more small announcements or is that it for this year?

Just looking at the current Jon Hopkins setlists, he plays a good chunk of the new album and he is playing Collider again after Open Eye Signal, love these tracks. Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone when the date for the last installlment payment is? Can’t seem to find the info online.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone when the date for the last installlment payment is? Can’t seem to find the info online.

Not sure, I think it depends when you started paying, my installments were done at the start of March, check your emails, should be in there somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Few annoying clashes for me:

Friday: Fontaines/AV AV AV on & Fever Ray/Son Lux

Sat: Jon Hopkins/Paddy Hanna (Only one winner there...)

Sun: Chronixx/James Holden & Shame/Susanne Sundfor

Pretty excited all in all though. There's a lot of talks away from the music that have piqued my interest too. Saying my prayers for weather like this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

There are some filthy clashes in there

So easily avoided too...there's quite a few gaps where I'm not sure who to go see. Time to explore I suppose

Advertisement