Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pole in garden due for replacement

Options
  • 11-01-2018 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi, hoping someone here can help. I am not an eircom customer, however there is an eircom pole on my property which provides a service to some of my neighbours.
    The pole is leaning badly since before we purchased and moved into the property which we reported to eir and someone came out and braced the pole.
    The lean however has gotten worse since and an engineer was out checking the pole last summer as our neighbours were having service issues. This engineer advised he was requesting the pole to be replaced on health and safety grounds and placed a yellow tape on it.
    A few months later two more engineers called out who advised they would have to get permission to access the pole from the field behind us as our garden is split level. We did advise we were happy to allow access through our garden as,long as it was reinstated afterwards.
    This was approximately 6 months ago and nothing has happened since, I have two young children who play in our garden but i am obviously concerned about this pole and the chance of it coming down and causing injury.
    Can someone at eir please look into this issue if i pm my details?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

coffeyt wrote: »
    Hi, hoping someone here can help. I am not an eircom customer, however there is an eircom pole on my property which provides a service to some of my neighbours.
    The pole is leaning badly since before we purchased and moved into the property which we reported to eir and someone came out and braced the pole.
    The lean however has gotten worse since and an engineer was out checking the pole last summer as our neighbours were having service issues. This engineer advised he was requesting the pole to be replaced on health and safety grounds and placed a yellow tape on it.
    A few months later two more engineers called out who advised they would have to get permission to access the pole from the field behind us as our garden is split level. We did advise we were happy to allow access through our garden as,long as it was reinstated afterwards.
    This was approximately 6 months ago and nothing has happened since, I have two young children who play in our garden but i am obviously concerned about this pole and the chance of it coming down and causing injury.
    Can someone at eir please look into this issue if i pm my details?
    Hi Coffeyt, 

Thanks for contacting us here.

You would need to report this to our dangerous plant team on 1850 245 424. They can arrange for this to be fixed.  

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Hi Coffeyt, 

You would need to report this to our dangerous plant team on 1850 245 424. They can arrange for this to be fixed.  

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey I just tried that number who advised me they can't deal with it?

They can only give me an email address and advised there may be a charge for replacing the pole. I find this hard to understand as surely the pole is your property and has been advised to me by your engineer that it is a health and safety issue.

Can you please check if there is a number that i can call to actually speak to someone about this as the lady i spoke to was not very helpful to say the least.
    Thanks.

Hi Coffeyt, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey I just tried that number who advised me they can't deal with it?

They can only give me an email address and advised there may be a charge for replacing the pole. I find this hard to understand as surely the pole is your property and has been advised to me by your engineer that it is a health and safety issue.

Can you please check if there is a number that i can call to actually speak to someone about this as the lady i spoke to was not very helpful to say the least.
    Thanks.
    Again, apologies for any inconvenience caused. I cannot do anything from here to have this resolved.

Alternatively, you could call 1901 to query this issue.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭xl500

Well at least now you have posted in a public forum that the pole is dangerous and an Eir Rep has acknowledged your post

So if anything happens to you or any member of your Family due to this Pole Get yourself a Good solicitor as they were aware of the pole being in a dangerous condition and failed to act

xl500 wrote: »
    Well at least now you have posted in a public forum that the pole is dangerous and an Eir Rep has acknowledged your post

So if anything happens to you or any member of your Family due to this Pole Get yourself a Good solicitor as they were aware of the pole being in a dangerous condition and failed to act
    Hi Xl5000,

I have not posted that the "pole" is dangerous, I have no knowledge of the pole in question. I can neither confirm or deny that it is dangerous.

I have merely advised on where to report the alleged dangerous pole too. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Advertisement

I will try that number but i assume the fact that the pole has a large yellow tape as in a warning tape around it would suggest it is an issue.
    And just to clarify I didn't contact eir last summer, it was one of their engineers who called to me asking for permission to check the pole as my neighbour was having a service issue. It was this engineer who commented that it was dangerous as its leaning towards my back lawn and he requested it be replaced on h&s grounds.

Tracey,
    I tried 1901 as advised but as I don't have an account number or heir phone number i eventually get cut off while holding.
    Is there any other number i can try to contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

There was a similar post at the link below, they contacted comreg who logged the incident. That’s good to have incase of injury at a later date. Just keep a log of your phone calls and communication with eir.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057157132

Just an update for those interested, i tried the 1850 number again a short while ago and was advised that its only after 6pm that the number will divert to the right team.
    The gentleman I spoke to was very helpful and advised he was putting through a request to replace the pole as a dangerous pole with a threat of injury so hopefully should be resolved in a few days.
    So anyone in same boat should try that phone number after 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭xl500

xl500 wrote: »

Hi Xl5000,

I have not posted that the "pole" is dangerous, I have no knowledge of the pole in question. I can neither confirm or deny that it is dangerous.

I have merely advised on where to report the alleged dangerous pole too. 

Thanks 

Tracey
    Thank You Tracey

My Handle is actually XL500 but again probably just an error by Eir

Where did I say you said the pole was Dangerous I only stated that you had acknowledged the OPs Post by replying this indicated you were aware of the post not the pole but Still an Eir Rep on a Public Forum was made aware of the situation 

In the OPS Post they State "The lean however has gotten worse since and an engineer was out checking the pole last summer as our neighbours were having service issues. This engineer advised he was requesting the pole to be replaced on health and safety grounds and placed a yellow tape on it."

• Advertisement

Apologies XL500, I assumed that you were quoting me on it. I'm very sorry about that.

Thanks 

Tracey

Just an update for those interested, i tried the 1850 number again a short while ago and was advised that its only after 6pm that the number will divert to the right team.
    The gentleman I spoke to was very helpful and advised he was putting through a request to replace the pole as a dangerous pole with a threat of injury so hopefully should be resolved in a few days.
    So anyone in same boat should try that phone number after 6pm.
    Hi Coffeyt,

Have you received an update in regards to this being resolved?

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey,
    I did receive a call back that evening but it was from a gentleman who said he only came out for emergencies (as in pole already down or about to come down on a roof) and that he would pass my details back to his line supervisor to request getting the pole replaced asap.
    I did notice an eir van next door the next day but no one attempted to gain access to my property or the pole.
    I have had no update since and my worry is that the field behind us from where they can access the pole will become inaccessible once planted which means nothing will be done for another year and I will have to stop my children using the garden for the summer for their own safety.

Hi Tracey,
    I did receive a call back that evening but it was from a gentleman who said he only came out for emergencies (as in pole already down or about to come down on a roof) and that he would pass my details back to his line supervisor to request getting the pole replaced asap.
    I did notice an eir van next door the next day but no one attempted to gain access to my property or the pole.
    I have had no update since and my worry is that the field behind us from where they can access the pole will become inaccessible once planted which means nothing will be done for another year and I will have to stop my children using the garden for the summer for their own safety.
    Ok, no problem.

Did you receive a reference number in relation to this? If so can you PM it to me, please?

Thanks 

Tracey

Ok, no problem.

Did you receive a reference number in relation to this? If so can you PM it to me, please?

Thanks 

Tracey

Hi Tracey,
    Unfortunately I wasn't giving any kind of reference number, they just took my details and logged it.

Ok, no problem.

Thanks 

Tracey

Hi Tracey,
    Unfortunately I wasn't giving any kind of reference number, they just took my details and logged it.
    Ok no problem. 

Feel free to PM me all your details and I'll try to assist you here. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Ok no problem. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi Tracey, pm sent, thanks for any assistance you can give.

Ok no problem. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi Tracey, pm sent, thanks for any assistance you can give.
    That's great, thanks. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement