If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Av receiver and speakers

Options
124»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey TG.

I'll PM your tracking details now.

Hey Kenny.. haven't received the av receiver yet , hopefully I should have it on Tuesday.

I've noticed that there is a 10 pound drop on the Sony since I paid for it?... I haven't even received it yet! 🀔😣.
    Hi TG.

Yeah, I would say the with the bank holiday it has delayed things slightly.

Our pricing can change sometime 2 and 3 times a day to stay ahead of the competition.
    As the price drop was within 5 days of purchase we have no problem offer to refund the £10 back to you.

We would need to call you for your card details as we do not hold them here and they are shredded as soon as we use them.

When would suit for us to give you a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tgsmokealot

Hi TG.

Our pricing can change sometime 2 and 3 times a day to stay ahead of the competition.
    As the price drop was within 5 days of purchase we have no problem offer to refund the £10 back to you.

We would need to call you for your card details as we do not hold them here and they are shredded as soon as we use them.

Hey Kenny
    Been very busy with the install ... must say I'm delighted with it... Sound is awesome! Thanks.

One thing wanted to ask, what crossover should I use for the qa's and the in ceiling pro65? I've them set at 80. And 120for ceiling.. I haven't really a clue, been first time.

As for the 10pound difference.. maybe you could take of when I purchased a blueray player in the coming weeks?

Kind regards

Hi TG.

Hey Kenny
    Been very busy with the install ... must say I'm delighted with it... Sound is awesome! Thanks.

One thing wanted to ask, what crossover should I use for the qa's and the in ceiling pro65? I've them set at 80. And 120for ceiling.. I haven't really a clue, been first time.

As for the 10pound difference.. maybe you could take of when I purchased a blueray player in the coming weeks?

Kind regards
    Hey TG.

Excellent that you are enjoying your new setup :)

The crossover for the 3020 is correct at 80Hz and between 100 - 120Hz for the in-ceilings.

This is not set in stone as each person can like a different sound and adjusting these depending on the size of your speakers can alter how the speakers will process the audio.

Let me know when your ready for a bluray player and I'll see what deals we have.

Hey TG.

The crossover for the 3020 is correct at 80Hz and between 100 - 120Hz for the in-ceilings.

This is not set in stone as each person can like a different sound and adjusting these depending on the size of your speakers can alter how the speakers will process the audio.

Let me know when your ready for a bluray player and I'll see what deals we have.

Cheers Kenny will be back in touch soon.

Thanks.

Hey TG.

Cheers Kenny will be back in touch soon.

Thanks.
    No problem TG.

• Advertisement

No problem TG.

Hey Kenny...

Any advice on both the

LG
    UBK90

SONY
    UBPX800...

Before I make a decision.

Thanks

No problem TG.

Hey Kenny...

Any advice on both the

LG
    UBK90

SONY
    UBPX800...

Before I make a decision.

Thanks
    Hi TG,

I usually really like the Sonys for picture quality. We have a UBPX800 on display and it is an incredible blu ray player. The Sonys are also great as audio players as well with support of SACD as well as most Hi Res file formats. I haven't seen the LG running yet but what's swaying me towards it is the support of all HDR formats including Dolby Vision which optomises the HDR content.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi TG,

I usually really like the Sonys for picture quality. We have a UBPX800 on display and it is an incredible blu ray player. The Sonys are also great as audio players as well with support of SACD as well as most Hi Res file formats. I haven't seen the LG running yet but what's swaying me towards it is the support of all HDR formats including Dolby Vision which optomises the HDR content.

Kind regards

David

I was originally looking at the Sony as I now have the 1080av.... For a matching pair as such... But I'm being swayed towards the LG as it has everything out of the box and a little cheaper... I'll try find some reviews before I make a decision...

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi TG,

Kind regards

David

I was originally looking at the Sony as I now have the 1080av.... For a matching pair as such... But I'm being swayed towards the LG as it has everything out of the box and a little cheaper... I'll try find some reviews before I make a decision...

Thanks
    Have a look at this recent review ;)

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/ubp-x800/review

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Yeah I've seen that review and it seems very good... Not sure there is going to be Dolby vision surpport? as it's something I will want down the line.

Can't find a great deal about the LG.. other than it comes with the above..

Don't want to have to change out the player if Sony don't bother with it... Hopefully they update like the 700... That would sway me I think...

Anyway I'll keep looking this week before I make any mind up

Cheers

• Advertisement

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Yeah I've seen that review and it seems very good... Not sure there is going to be Dolby vision surpport?  as it's something I will want down the line.

Can't find a great deal about the LG.. other than it comes with the above..

Don't want to have to change out the player if Sony don't bother with it... Hopefully they update like the 700... That would sway me I think...

Anyway I'll keep looking this week before I make any mind up

Cheers
    No problem TG!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Stupify

Do ye have any receivers that have both a hdmi (ARC) output and also a phono output so I can run a turntable and a TV off it? 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Snipped by Mod

Ritz - couldn't help myself  

Stoner,

I'm really sorry if you were not happy with our service - we don't sell any cheap ebay speaker brackets - the only speaker brackets we sell are from Monitor Audio / Q Acoustics / B-Tech / Sanus - if you did purchase brackets from us that were available at 1/3 of the price from ebay - do please let me know and I'll look into that and subject to our normal T's and C's I'll happily refund them or refund the difference for you - the last thing we want is an unhappy Customer.

I'm happy if you would like to post the details publicly here or you can contact me directly at johnmc@richersounds.ie 

Thanks as ever,

John McDonald
    Managing Director

Richer Sounds Ireland

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Majj,,

thanks for the post - really appreciated but I'd like to resolve Stoner's issue, we are ardent Boardies and its never good when we have a Boards Moderator posting negative comments regarding our service - I'm not aware of the issue and I'd like to get it resolved.. TBH we are not perfect but we do try to offer a decent service and when we screw it up I like to know ..

On the other hand - Great that YOU are happy with your brackets - those damn QA speakers are really tricky to get decent brackets to fit!

Thanks again MAJJ,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Stupify wrote: »
    Do ye have any receivers that have both a hdmi (ARC) output and also a phono output so I can run a turntable and a TV off it? 
    Stupify,

I'm guessing that you mean a HDMI Output and a Phono input?

The new Pioneer VSX933 should meet your requirements - it has HDMI ARC out AND a Phono MM input so you can input your turntable no problem:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-203235-401667.aspx

If you need any more options just drop me a line and I'll sniff out some more options for you..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'm really sorry if you were not happy with our service - we don't sell any cheap ebay speaker brackets - the only speaker brackets we sell are from Monitor Audio / Q Acoustics / B-Tech / Sanus - if you did purchase brackets from us that were available at 1/3 of the price from ebay - do please let me know and I'll look into that and subject to our normal T's and C's I'll happily refund them or refund the difference for you - the last thing we want is an unhappy Customer.

Thanks John, I removed the post. As I said it was a while ago and you've offered to address it. I don't want any refund.

I'm gald you have satisfied customers. As I highlighted in the PM I was a happy returning customer for many years.

I've removed my post.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Stoner,

Interventions of this kind into a thread are contrary to the Charter,  removing your original post does nothing to obviate the thread disruption or need for RS to respond. PM sent.

Majj,

Posts snipped - you know why, understandable reaction but ........... Charter.

Ritz.

No problem TG!

Hey Kenny.. I'm thinking of going with the LG... Any movement on it!

Regards.

No problem TG!

Hey Kenny.. I'm thinking of going with the LG... Any movement on it!

Regards.
    Hi TG,

The absolute best price I can do on the UPK90 is £249 but I can include shipping at that price.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.