Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remedial Work to be carried out in Apartment

Options
  • 11-01-2018 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi All,

I received an email last night from the Operations Manager of the management company from whom myself and my girlfriend rent a one bedroom apartment. It stated that they needed to carry out some essential upgrade works to some of the apartments and that we would need to move out for a couple of weeks and they would move us to alternative accommodation while the work was done.

I am happy enough with this, however, our initial two year lease ends in a few months and I am wondering will these works mean the landlord can raise the rent beyond the max 4% (we live in a rent-pressure zone).

Any help with be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you know the nature of the works to be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Lardlord says that the work will require the the ceiling of the apartment to be removed. We are on the top floor of our block and our neighbours have also been informed. Spoke to the operations manager yesterday and he said that this will not affect rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Hi OP,

It sounds likely that the works required are related to fire safety, possibly fire proofing rather than any type of improvement / refurbishment.

This cannot effect the rent cap.

Advertisement