If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor speakers and turntables

Options
  • 11-01-2018 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Good afternoon RS.

I am looking to add to my setup with a turntable. Will be driving it from a Yamaha AS501 supplied your good selves - so I do not require pre amp.

Don't want to break the bank here. Up to €250 if I can get away with it. Happy to consider open box or display if warranty still applies.

Also looking to see if there are any deals on outdoor sprakers, not in a huge hurry for these, but if there is something worth snapping up. Would be tight on budget here, no more than €150.

Your suggestions are much appreciated as always.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

tradtshirt wrote: »
    Good afternoon RS.

I am looking to add to my setup with a turntable. Will be driving it from a Yamaha AS501 supplied your good selves - so I do not require pre amp.

Don't want to break the bank here. Up to €250 if I can get away with it. Happy to consider open box or display if warranty still applies.

Also looking to see if there are any deals on outdoor sprakers, not in a huge hurry for these, but if there is something worth snapping up. Would be tight on budget here, no more than €150.

Your suggestions are much appreciated as always.
    Hi Trad,

apologies for the delay getting back to you and I'm gonna mess with your budget!

Your budget to get a decent turntable is fine but the budget for the outdoor speakers is just that little bit snug to get a pair that would reflect the quality of your other kit - I'm going to be really cheeky and combine the two budgets into one and assume we can work from approx €400(ish)

If that's an okay assumption then I'd highly recommend the Rega RP1 white Limited Edition - its the very last of the RP1 turntables in a special edition white by Rega and its still a complete classic:
    https://www.whathifi.com/rega/rp1/review

As I'm sure you know Rega really are not over endowed with features but they sound pretty Fantastic and the RP1 is no different!

If you then look at the Monitor Climate 50 outdoor speakers - these completely blow the barn doors off the budget but they really do sound great and they are proper hifi rather than shower-proof car speakers which is what most other outdoor speakers appear to be!
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-11198-climate-50-black.aspx

Put these 2 together and the retail is £458 / €519 - I'm happy to squeeze the two on a Boardie Deal into your budget at €399 including shipping..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tradtshirt

Hi
    Can I please get a price for the rega on its own

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

Thanks
    Hey Tradtshirt.

The Rega RP1 - White - Retails for £199 or 239.99 Euro.

I could offer one of these at £175.00 or 209.99 Delivered as a boardie deal.

Let me know what you think.

Hi

Thanks
    Hey Tradtshirt.

Hi
    Would you match the EUR199 deal offered on comment 6 in this thread?
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057828128

Thanks

Hi

Thanks
    Hey Tradtshirt.

Hi

Thanks
    Hey Tradtshirt.

Yes I can honour that 199 Euro pricing on the RP1 in white.

• Advertisement

Hi

Thanks
    Hey Tradtshirt.

Hi

Thanks
    Hey Tradtshirt.

hi

last question i promise, whats the price on the rega planar 1 incl delivery, and do you have black in stock.

thanks

Hi

Thanks
    Hey Tradtshirt.

Hi

Thanks
    Hey Tradtshirt.

hi

last question i promise, whats the price on the rega planar 1 incl delivery, and do you have black in stock.

thanks
    Hi Tradtshirt.

You would be looking at 290 Euro delivered on the Planar 1 in Black (Currently waiting on more stock arriving on the next week).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.