Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone screen damaged from the inside

• 11-01-2018 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

so the screen in my phone stopped working and to cut a long story short i sent it back to get fixed as it was still in warranty and the company said that they wouldnt fix it for free because it was physical damage on the inside of the screen caused by myself. The phone is in mint condition and has never been dropped. It sounds like they are just trying to get out of fixing it. Is it even possible to do this kind of damage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

Funny enough, the same issue happened to me today with my Samsung s7 phone. Send it for warranty repair as the phone was constantly rebooting, which was refused due to screen damage. So I asked them to show me where the screen was damaged. Service shop sent me a picture of the screen separating from the frame right underneath the home button(home button which is above screen, not a single scratch there anyway)
    The total quote to fix it was around 390€ as per service agent.

So not sure what my options are however.
    When the first Sony Xperia z1 compact came out, I got one and the screen cracked by itself on 2 nd day by itself ( common issue with these phones). Had a fight with the service for 3 weeks. Only once I mentioned small claims court they have replaced the phone within 3 days.

Advertisement