Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilton Shopping Center

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'm sure to all the builders and designers of all the multi story car parks, having 2 entrances is Not a new idea. I'd be confident someone thought of it over the last decade.

Why do you assume it's automatically a Good idea? Design/planning wise there might be a reason why it isn't.

Not sure where the other entrance would go though, considering the other side of the car park is the existing mall?

Originally you dismissed the idea because it is uncommon, not because it is not feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Zero risk? There are already traffic queues at times.
    Having one entrance/exit along the Sarsfield road may assist traffic flow by the lights at CUH?

You understood it wrongly - nobody should be taking risk of queues. How will this work - we all know...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

grogi wrote: »
    Originally you dismissed the idea because it is uncommon, not because it is not feasible.

Mind read much??? I thought of both. Commented on one. Then the other.

Either way, you still haven't shown how it is feasible. Not sure where you think the second entrance should be.

Maybe you could enlighten me with your thoughts on where it should go, we could discuss it then.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

grogi wrote: »
    You understood it wrongly - nobody should be taking risk of queues. How will this work - we all know...
    I don't think anyone, including yourself, knows.
    Are you involved in the planning, building or design of the project?

"nobody should be taking risk of queues". What does this mean?
    If they build an attractive shopping center, then more people are going to want to go there; adding traffic/queues. Not sure how it's avoidable. They can try and manage it, but not sure what 'risk' you are speaking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Will there be more or less car parking spaces? Will the multi storey increase parking or just recover some of the parking they want to build over.

They badly need more parking as it is. What's the traffic plan for those coming at it from Victoria Cross? Anyone from the North side would come up that way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

FrStone wrote: »
    Will there be more or less car parking spaces? Will the multi storey increase parking or just recover some of the parking they want to build over.

They badly need more parking as it is. What's the traffic plan for those coming at it from Victoria Cross? Anyone from the North side would come up that way.

It says 1050 parking spaces, which I presume is more than what's there. Also most of the parking at Tesco should remain so it should increase it considerably overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭snotboogie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

you have to love those artists impressions, the sky is always blue, there are only about 5 cars on the road(s), members of the public are walking around in a very carefree manner, children are skipping along...lying bast**ds the lot of em :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

you have to love those artists impressions, the sky is always blue, there are only about 5 cars on the road(s), members of the public are walking around in a very carefree manner, children are skipping along...lying bast**ds the lot of em :mad:

The people are always slim, the cars are always top of the range, it is Utopia they are trying to portray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

The plans for Wilton remind me of Douglas Village before and after construction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement