Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loan

Options
  • 11-01-2018 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Posting in relation to a rejected bank loan. I applied for a 1% student bank loan of 1000 euro on Tuesday and was rejected today. I have already had 2 student loans of 1000 euro and 800 euro in the last 2 years and have never missed a payment on either loan. On my 800 euro loan I had upto 5 more months to pay that off but in anticipating the new loan application this week I paid the remainder of my 800 euro loan off last week, 5 months in advance, yet I still have been rejected. I'm a student in my final year roughly on 250 to 300 a week with full time employment already secured for when I finish college. The 1000 loan was for my college fees. I could have this 1000 within the next 6 weeks but unfortunately I must pay my fees next week. I can't understand why I was rejected it's pretty outrageous.
    I called customer service and recieved a few confused comments about contactless payments that was all the explanation i got. Frustrating to the point where I'm closing my account and joining aib (angry voice).
    I don't mean to be taking this out on the boards.ie representatives, but if you can take a look at my application you might be able to understand what I am trying to say.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Jesseod wrote: »
    Posting in relation to a rejected bank loan. I applied for a 1% student bank loan of 1000 euro on Tuesday and was rejected today. I have already had 2 student loans of 1000 euro and 800 euro in the last 2 years and have never missed a payment on either loan. On my 800 euro loan I had upto 5 more months to pay that off but in anticipating the new loan application this week I paid the remainder of my 800 euro loan off last week, 5 months in advance, yet I still have been rejected. I'm a student in my final year roughly on 250 to 300 a week with full time employment already secured for when I finish college. The 1000 loan was for my college fees. I could have this 1000 within the next 6 weeks but unfortunately I must pay my fees next week. I can't understand why I was rejected it's pretty outrageous.
    I called customer service and recieved a few confused comments about contactless payments that was all the explanation i got. Frustrating to the point where I'm closing my account and joining aib (angry voice).
    I don't mean to be taking this out on the boards.ie representatives, but if you can take a look at my application you might be able to understand what I am trying to say.
    Hi Jesseod,

Welcome to Boards and thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy.

In relation to your query, would the lending team have been talking about contactless transactions pending on your account causing you to go overdrawn? If an account is not kept in credit and not going over the limit, can impact your application. Please note this is only a suggestion and could be what they have meant. If you'd like to check through your statements, for clarification.

If you wish to discuss this is more detail, we'd advise that you contact the lending team on 1890 365 100 to discuss further, or if you wish to have this reviewed you can raise an official complaint. Please see the here for more information on our complaints process.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

Advertisement