Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a gas bill while using a gas meter.

Options
  • 11-01-2018 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Ok I changed gas provider in December.

An account for the gas was added to my online billing "I get my bills online"

Today I got a an email saying a bill was due for the gas "which there should not be one", rang up to find out why "as the gas is covered by top up card" was told by the agent the bill is wrong, you don't have to worry about it, "we just have to send a bill every 2 months" you can ignore them.

I googled and the your website says we should not be getting any bills in the faq section bar a once a year letter explaining are usage and top up during the year.

So what I want to know.
    1: even thought my gas is pre pay am I still meant to get bi monthy bill?

2: was the agent correct that nutting is owed "it should not be as I have my own meter, before I even had the switch over"

3: Is the bill just showing how much we used during that month?

So anyway kind of confused and want written confirmation,so I know i'm not going to get a letter in 6 months saying I owe a load of cash.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Flaregon,

Thank you for getting in touch. Sorry about the confusion.

If a PAYG customer receives a bill while their PAYG meter is active, it is just a statement. A customer cannot be billed in addition to paying by top-up.

The Online Billing system does not recognise the difference between a billing customer and PAYG customer - your Online Billing may need to be deactivated in order to prevent this confusion.

If you wish, send us the relevant Electric Ireland gas account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and date of birth.

We will return in the morning.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Ill pm the required information, shortly, it only remove the gas right and I wont be getting emails saying bill is due right ?

Hi Flaregon,

We have replied to your private message.

Best regards,
    Una

Ok I was asked in the pm for "clarification" on my query.

Original query
    Got an email saying a bill is due, for my gas account when I am pre pay, so this was confusing me.

You said that the system does not differentiate between prepay and normal bills and you can deactivate the "online billing" for the "gas account" to prevent any more confusion.

New query
    Will this stop using getting emails saying we own money on the gas ?
    Will the account show when I log on to electric Ireland?

If its stops the emails, then proceed with the "deactivation of online billing for my gas account"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Flaregon wrote: »
    Ok I was asked in the pm for "clarification" on my query.

Original query
    Got an email saying a bill is due, for my gas account when I am pre pay, so this was confusing me.

You said that the system does not differentiate between prepay and normal bills and you can deactivate the "online billing" for the "gas account" to prevent any more confusion.

New query
    Will this stop using getting emails saying we own money on the gas ?
    Will the account show when I log on to electric Ireland?

If its stops the emails, then proceed with the "deactivation of online billing for my gas account"
    All gas and electric PAYG customers are required to receive a statement. Sometimes you will receive a statement that says you owe and sometimes you will receive a statement saying you are in credit, it just depends on the timing of the reading taken or if it is estimated. It's handier to receive them and retain for your own records, there is no negative effect for you other than receiving an email. I worked for a competitor and we had the same issues with customers but once explained they were happy. 

• Advertisement

Hi Flaregon,

Apologies, we meant that request via private message.

Do you have Electric Ireland Online Billing for your electricity? If so, we can send a request to the Online Billing team to block bill notifications from being sent to you for gas, however you will still see your gas account when you log in to view your electricity account. You do not not need to review your gas account online though, as the only information you need is on the gas meter itself, and top-ups to that meter are the only payments that are required for your gas usage and charges.

We will assist you further by PM as soon as possible today.

Regards,
    Una

Ok that's fine. I do have an electric account as well.

What do you need pm'ed?

Hi Flaregon,

We have received the PM that you sent already, and we will be able to assist you via this PM ASAP today.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement