Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can blonde hair ever suit pale skin ?

Options
  • 11-01-2018 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

I've never been, never really wanted to be. Have pale skin and quite a pale complexion. Am a natural brown and have spent most of adult life being shades of red, which suits me very well. Look I'm never going to do it. But out of curiosity, can it ever work for pale skinned people ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Yes - look at all the people in scandanavian countries??

Why do you think pale people can't have blonde hair? That's such an odd thing to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

I hadn't thought of the Scandanavians, but yes of course. I do remember being told when quite young that it would make me look even paler, so that's probably where the thought came from....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Of course! Get a good colourist who will match the blonde to your skin undertones and it will look great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Yes I'm porcelain and blonde! As long as it's matched well it works, I can't carry any honey or warm tones of blonde but I carry all the cool or lighter tones very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It depends on the shade of blonde and your skin tone. I'm naturally blonde but have gone through phases of colouring and highlighting over the years as my natural blonde can be a bit dull. The pale ashy blonde doesn't suit me, it washes me out. Golden blonde colours suit me better. And I've pale skin, couple of freckles, tans in the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭georgina toadbum

I think it suits better than brown hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

It's all about the shades. Some people suit warmer shades so will suit more honey based blondes some are better with cooler shades, so suit the ashy tones more.

If you're interested in going blonde or seeing how it will look, get a ballyage done, you can go for an ombre effect to get more of an idea but that way you can wear blonde and get a feel for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I think it depends on the person really. I'm naturally a sort of golden blonde colour (kinda like this). I get highlights the odd time to make it a bit lighter. I have pale skin but it's a very neutral pale and not pinky like many of my pale friends would be.

Anyway light-medium blonde suits me but platinum blonde looks awful on me and makes me look ill! I have never had brown or black hair so can't compare really. A girl I work with has pale skin (similar to mine) and natural brown hair. She dyes her hair blonde and it really washes her out. Brown looks much better. Everyone is different really. Pale skin can have different tones...as can blonde hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think any skin tone can carry off any hair colour as long as they get the colour tone right. Cooler blonde tones tend to suit more porcelain skins. Go for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Yes it suits me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Suits me well (i think!). I'm very blonde and very pale.

I dyed my hair brunette once about 15 years ago. I looked like death so I'll never try that again. Though I probably went too dark. Everyone told me to go back to blonde quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Blonde hair is mostly found on naturally pale people. Although blonde can suit a lot of people depending on the tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Liefalmid

Yes, many people are with a pale complexion and pale hair and it suits them well and they are satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

It's nothing to do with how pale someone is and everything to do with the tone of their skin. Pale pink-toned people almost always look washed out, or at best, just don't look half as well as they do with red or brown hair. Pale yellow or neutral toned people can look well with blonde hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Still on the topic of hair colour, are any of the (red) colours available in Boot's ok for a 'top-up'?. By that I mean between between 'cuts' by a hairdresser ?. Red is perfect for me...

Advertisement