Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site purchase

Options
  • 11-01-2018 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

I bought a site in Oct last year, full price paid, solicitor paid. he confirmed the sale was completed,he was paid fully and the seller confirmed receipt of the funds.however I never actually got anything that says Somesoldiers own this acre at blah blah

Should I chase the solicitor for some sort of proof of sale or is the fact that the land is registered in my name somewhere enough? I will be looking for a mortgage to build later this year and want to have all my ducks in a row

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭californiabear

When we bought our sire, the solicitor gave us a copy of the land registry document stating that the land was now in our name. From memory, I think we needed it for mortgage application on self build.
    If you look at landdirect.ie, you can pay €5 for the folio and see if it's in your name - it is emailed to you immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

When we bought our sire, the solicitor gave us a copy of the land registry document stating that the land was now in our name. From memory, I think we needed it for mortgage application on self build.
    If you look at landdirect.ie, you can pay €5 for the folio and see if it's in your name - it is emailed to you immediately.
    Perfect thank you.it hasn't been segregated from the purchasers land on this site so I assume the register has not gone through yet, will check with solicitor

Advertisement