Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Free tablet

Options
  • 11-01-2018 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

My mother in law signed up to Eir with the promise of a free tablet around the middle of November. When it hadn't materialized, she queried it and was told to wait until the cooling off period had elapsed. After that she rang again and was told she had to complete a survey which would emailed out to her in "a few days". More waiting.  Completed survey and rang eir _again_ to say query the status and were told an email would be sent in "the next 48 hours". That was Tuesday morning, and guess what, nothing has arrived. So we're now nearly 2 months waiting, and still nothing. Can anyone help with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

Hi EdRey,

Sorry to hear of the delay. We'd need to hear directly from the account holder to look into this but if she gets in touch with us here, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 35 EdRey

She called again today, and she was told another email had been sent and to wait _another_ 48 hours! Seriously guys, who is writing your emails, the Maesters in the Citadel?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

EdRey wrote: »
    She called again today, and she was told another email had been sent and to wait _another_ 48 hours! Seriously guys, who is writing your emails, the Maesters in the Citadel?!?
    I understand your frustration with this. 

Once you've PM'd your details to Kev, he can have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

I signed up and received the tablet. The battery is absolutely horrific. You will not get the duration of a football match from it if you are steaming video and the screen is well below par also. That said i find the wifi receiver is very good picks up the signal even if im out the back garden but overall really poor tablet. 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shana100

Complete silence from the Eir reps on this. Kevin, I sent you my details almost a week ago.

• Advertisement

Still silence .... Eir Reps ... can you help, are you listening, do you care ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

EdRey wrote: »
    My mother in law signed up to Eir with the promise of a free tablet around the middle of November. When it hadn't materialized, she queried it and was told to wait until the cooling off period had elapsed. After that she rang again and was told she had to complete a survey which would emailed out to her in "a few days". More waiting.  Completed survey and rang eir _again_ to say query the status and were told an email would be sent in "the next 48 hours". That was Tuesday morning, and guess what, nothing has arrived. So we're now nearly 2 months waiting, and still nothing. Can anyone help with this?
    Hi Edrey,

The account holder would need to contact our support team to escalate this.

Thanks 

Thomas

Yes, I am the a/c holder. Do I just DM you?

shana100 wrote: »
    Yes, I am the a/c holder. Do I just DM you?
    Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.
    PM Sent.

• Advertisement

PM Sent.
    I will get back to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas, any further updates on this?

Thomas, any further updates on this?
    I have escalated this on for you, there have been some delays recently.

Apologies for the delay, I will contact you as soon as I have an update for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Edjp

It's a scam. I signed up for a black friday offer. After a few calls of them telling me the tablet will arrive soon. Suddenly I wasn't entitled to it. I'll be getting in contact with comreg. 

Edjp wrote: »
    It's a scam. I signed up for a black friday offer. After a few calls of them telling me the tablet will arrive soon. Suddenly I wasn't entitled to it. I'll be getting in contact with comreg. 
    Hi Edjp,

We completely understand your frustration and can assure you that we will do all we can to assist you here. However, if you continue to post the same messages on different threads, your account may get blocked from the page by our spam filter. We obviously don't want this to happen as we want to assist you further with your issue.

Can you confirm if you have been added to your mother inlaws account as a named user with access? If so, Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Edjp,

We completely understand your frustration and can assure you that we will do all we can to assist you here. However, if you continue to post the same messages on different threads, your account may get blocked from the page by our spam filter. We obviously don't want this to happen as we want to assist you further with your issue.

Can you confirm if you have been added to your mother inlaws account as a named user with access? If so, Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks Thomas. Was talking to one of your representatives yesterday. I explained to them that I signed up for eir broadband and phone on black Friday. As part of this deal it said you were entitled to a free tablet for signing up. I just had to wait for the 14 day cooling off period. Rang several times after the 14 days. I was told the tablet would be sorted soon. Then a couple of weeks ago. I was told I wasn't entitled to one. It was there in black and white on your website. Comreg are looking into it for me. Thank you for your reply Thomas.

Hi Edjp,

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks Thomas. Was talking to one of your representatives yesterday. I explained to them that I signed up for eir broadband and phone on black Friday. As part of this deal it said you were entitled to a free tablet for signing up. I just had to wait for the 14 day cooling off period. Rang several times after the 14 days. I was told the tablet would be sorted soon. Then a couple of weeks ago. I was told I wasn't entitled to one. It was there in black and white on your website. Comreg are looking into it for me. Thank you for your reply Thomas.
    No problem at all.

Thanks

Thomas

No problem at all.

Thanks

Thomas

www.comparebroadband.ie/broadband-news/post/eir-black-friday-offers/

Here's a link to your offer. Which I signed up to.

No problem at all.

Thanks

Thomas

www.comparebroadband.ie/broadband-news/post/eir-black-friday-offers/

Here's a link to your offer. Which I signed up to.
    Thank you for that.

Thomas

Advertisement