Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

AND it took him 15 minutes to write that!
    I'd love to see the other drafts.

His spellchecker was on the blink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I love the way he just dropped Sessions in the sh1t again with his line about lying under oath.

I don't recall the same type of tweet in relation to the that other known liar Flynn, but maybe I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Leroy42 wrote: »
    If you thought that was bad check out the next tweet! (how do I put in a tweet?)

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
    Following Following @realDonaldTrump
    More
    ....untruthful slime ball who was, as time has proven, a terrible Director of the FBI. His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst “botch jobs” of history. It was my great honor to fire James Comey!

1:17 PM - 13 Apr 2018

Oh my word. Is this what has become of the office of the President of the United States.

He thinks this is an appropriate way to behave and speak to the nation, and worse that apparently 40% of the citizens are ok with it.

I don't know why it makes me sad or that I'd expect any different at this stage. I mean silk purse and cows ear and all of that. It just does though.

He must be in an absolute rage right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Call me Al wrote: »
    Oh my word. Is this what has become of the office of the President of the United States.

He thinks this is an appropriate way to behave and speak to the nation, and worse that apparently 40% of the citizens are ok with it.

I don't know why it makes me sad or that I'd expect any different at this stage. I mean silk purse and cows ear and all of that. It just does though.

He must be in an absolute rage right now.

And yet, even people over here love it. It's mad, really.

Mr. Cohen AKA Ray Donovan has filed a motion, listed for hearing 1:30pm local time, to prevent the use of the docs seized in the raid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭josip

I think Comey's book will push him over the edge.
    People might criticize some of the content and that he should have stuck to the facts, but the personal details that I've read are exactly what will lodge under a narcissus like Trump's skin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Of course, this is not a new phenomenon; the 'tell all' is scarcely a brand-new concept in the world of politics, or any industry or field for that matter. Plenty of sitting presidents have had to deal with the prospect of memoirs from former colleagues etc. - with varying degrees of scandal found in their pages, falsified or otherwise.

I daresay most have simply ignored the books, or at best given some prepared, diplomatic statement while the wheels in Washington continued to spin. Preferably around a conveniently timed development to distract the news cycle.

Not President Trump. Nope.

The current president - a grown adult with a fortune that'd make most of us blush - goes absolutely, publicly bananas using language that'd be considered too on the nose were it coming from a teenager. Scratch that, even teenagers conduct themselves with a modicum of self-awareness.

I don't care what anyone's perceptions of the man's politics are, this is not the behaviour of a rational adult. Exactly how is this MAGA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

pixelburp wrote: »
    Exactly how is this MAGA?

Because MAGA is about yelling, and owning the libtards. It is about farting and belching unapologetically, riding around on a quad wearing a wife beater, firing your AR15 into the sky.

It is nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

How much longer can this go on, despite the US becoming a dwindling force on the world stage he is still the most powerful man in the world due to the army behind him and someone who can be manipulated so easily in either way should not have that power.  
    Novembers elections should change everything hopefully and bring the end of this sorry period of history for the US.  Imagine looking back on this period in 50 years, it will be rightly laughed at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

kilns wrote: »
    Imagine looking back on this period in 50 years, it will be rightly laughed at

I remember Spitting Image mocking Ronnie Reagan mercilessly back in the late 80s - "The Presidents Brain is Missing!", and sure enough, since then it has come out that Ronnie had Alzheimers, and was not too bright before it struck.

Yet Reagan is now a Saint in the Republican party - they do not look back and laugh. Will Trump be canonized in turn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭josip

As far as I remember, Reagan was charming, polite and conducted himself with dignity.

josip wrote: »
    As far as I remember, Reagan was charming, polite and conducted himself with dignity.

Yeah, even the worst sociopaths can figure out how to behave in public. That Trump has never managed this is very telling in relation to his character.

As long as Trump manages not to have any catastrophes the 4 years of his presidency won't really be much in the history books.

As long as Trump manages not to have any catastrophes the 4 years of his presidency won't really be much in the history books.

It'll be the section of the history books that'll have the kids snickering at the back as they turn their pages to learn about Stormy Daniels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

It'll be the section of the history books that'll have the kids snickering at the back as they turn their pages to learn about Stormy Daniels.

Forbes magazine and pee alongside the blue dress and cigars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

The scary thing is that world leaders know how to manipulate him, flatter him and he will do anything for you, insult him and he will declare war against you
    I can imagine Putin and Kim heaping him with praise, telling what a great president he is and walking away with what they want from him
    His insecurities are astounding

News expected re Rod Rosenstein between 8 and 9pm our time.

I reckon he was called in to the WH and asked to recuse himself. He's being fired today

And Libby has been pardoned.

https://twitter.com/ElizLanders/status/984843369347198977?s=19

Here's your message folks. Lie under oath and I got your back..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

everlast75 wrote: »
    News expected re Rod Rosenstein between 8 and 9pm our time.

I reckon he was called in to the WH and asked to recuse himself. He's being fired today

The rumour is that Rosenstein gets the sack today, then two or three months down the line Mueller gets the heave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Makes a mockery of justice. Too much power for one man....and in this case his controllers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The rumour is that Rosenstein gets the sack today, then two or three months down the line Mueller gets the heave.

If only we had a situation to show us the issues that arise from such actions. I mean if only that day had a name like Saturday night. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,631 ✭✭✭✭Water John

One wonders, if Comey, who seems the catalyst, tipping Trump over the edge, is deliberate in what he is doing? The mix in the book seems very calculated, to burn Trump's soul.

Water John wrote: »
    One wonders, if Comey, who seems the catalyst, tipping Trump over the edge, is deliberate in what he is doing? The mix in the book seems very calculated, to burn Trump's soul.

I have no doubt that Comey knows what he's doing. Prior to Trump, you wouldn't get to head an organisation like the FBI unless you were a smart mofo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭derb12

Just heard kelly Anne Conway day that "many people say that Libby was the victim of a special investigator run amok".
    It's sad how easily manipulated the base is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,631 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Libby's pardon is blatant signalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭derb12

Water John wrote: »
    Libby's pardon is blatant signalling.
    The Fox News White House correspondent just asked SHS a question using the exact wording as above ("many people say that Libby was the victim of a special investigator run amok") and she read out a prepared response.
    Sickening stuff.

Well, that's not all that surprising. Michael Cohen has been under investigation for months.

Also, he organised a 1.6m payment to a playboy playmate that was allegedly impregnated by Elliot Broidy, another deputy RNC finance chair.
    GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy has stepped down as Republican National Committee deputy finance chair, according to three people familiar with the matter.

The departure followed reports on Friday afternoon that in 2017, President Donald Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen had negotiated a $1.6 million payment on Broidy’s behalf to a Playboy Playmate who said that Broidy had impregnated her.

The resignation was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

He is the second RNC finance chair to step aside in recent months.

I wish the news would please stop. There's just too much information to keep up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Patser

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Jaysus, you learn a new word every day. I'll have to find a way to drop kakistocracy into every day conversation. Perfect summation of Trump's rule.
    A kakistocracy (/ˌkækɪsˈtɒkrəsi, -ˈstɒk-/) is a system of government which is run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens.[1][2] The word was coined as early as the 17th century.[3] It was also used by English author Thomas Love Peacock in 1829, but gained significant usage in the 21st century

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakistocracy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Say it ain't so! Laws for thee but not for me.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/383080-watchdog-fired-fbi-official-mccabe-leaked-to-media-to-help-himself

The Department of Justice’s inspector general concluded that fired FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe made a leak to the media “designed to advance his personal interests at the expense of Department leadership,” according to a copy of the report obtained by The Hill.

The report from IG Michael Horowitz makes the case that McCabe authorized disclosures to the media that were designed to combat the perception that he had a conflict of interest in overseeing dual FBI investigations related to former secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

“We concluded that McCabe’s decision to confirm the existence of the [Clinton Foundation] Investigation through an anonymously sourced quote, recounting the content of a phone call with a senior Department official in a manner designed to advance his personal interests at the expense of Department leadership, was clearly not within the public interest exception,” Horowitz wrote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement