Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump tweets that he will fire rockets into Syria.

People criticize his hypocrisy in slating Obama for warning of military action - so he literally contradicts himself and says he wasn't committing to firing rockets.

He then fires rockets.

This, all within days of each other.

I am sick and tired of his lies.

Not to mention another branch of his hypocrisy..

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373581528405905408?s=19

In the US or europe? Because if he was in Prague and denied it, it makes the dossier's allegations a bit more compelling.

It's weird. It's like all those things people thought about Trump keep turning out to be true. I had my doubts about the piss tape but now, who knows?

Yep. You can add to this that Cohen said he showed DJT his passport and DJT confirmed it showed he was not in Prague.

So either Cohen is lying about Trump knowing or Trump knowingly lied.

But then again, this is just one more shovel of BS on an already insurmountable pile so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Very little about the Steele dossier sounded inconsistent with the actors involved but it was ultimately undermed by purported factual errors, like the claim about Cohen in Prague. If that turns out to actually be true... well, its not going to change the minds of the base who never had a problem with collusion anyway but i do wonder if it will have any impact on influential Rs like Grassley and Graham, who not long ago were pushing for charges against Steele himself.

Just pondering Trump's base and who exactly stokes it.

If it is infowars, then i believe that this is the first time there was all out criticism of Trump. This may be an interesting turning point for some

*disclaimer - Alex Jones is a bloated windbag who reminds me of Glenn Beck*

https://twitter.com/funder/status/985021732850462720?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

^^ I hate to tell him, but they all sold out their morals a long time ago for Donald Trump.

If Trump has done anything, he has shown how many self-serving, spineless politicians and adulating media people who have forgotten how to be journalists there are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Will be intrigued as to whether he gets a bump in approval rate, similar to last time.
    aloyisious wrote: »
    one side effect to this is that Don, due to his position as president, will likely be untouchable for a while. It doesn't do good to target a president in time of warfare, something he can't have planned for to fortify his position but he won't walk away from. However, if he keeps up his normal tweeting habit, he'll lessen any help he's going to get from the current US position, so if I was him him, I'd ditch the keyboard for a while.

That will also make an impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,829 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

everlast75 wrote: »
    Yep. You can add to this that Cohen said he showed DJT his passport and DJT confirmed it showed he was not in Prague.

So either Cohen is lying about Trump knowing or Trump knowingly lied.

But then again, this is just one more shovel of BS on an already insurmountable pile so...

Not sure if this would affect the paperwork in his passport. The Czech republic is a party to the Schengen zone agreement. If he was elsewhere in Europe around that time there's the cross border train network. It's possible to legally and legitimately have more than one passport for display.

Trump tweets that he will fire rockets into Syria.

People criticize his hypocrisy in slating Obama for warning of military action - so he literally contradicts himself and says he wasn't committing to firing rockets.

He then fires rockets.

This, all within days of each other.

I am sick and tired of his lies.

Not to mention another branch of his hypocrisy..

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373581528405905408?s=19

I may have missed the opposition to any attack noises from [both houses] congress during the week to Don's continuous mention of missile attacks on Syria. If there's an absence of noise from the membership or the top of both houses, it can't but help to give the person [Don] mentioning the attacks that he has a clear playing field. I watched the news briefing and noted the minimalism of his hand-waving [only 4 times with the right hand] the rest of the time both hands were out of sight behind the rostrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1HL07R
    The Syrian government and its allies have absorbed a U.S.-led attack on Saturday and the targeted sites were evacuated days ago thanks to a warning from Russia, a senior official in a regional alliance that backs Damascus said.

No harm done so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

In the US or europe? Because if he was in Prague and denied it, it makes the dossier's allegations a bit more compelling.

It's weird. It's like all those things people thought about Trump keep turning out to be true. I had my doubts about the piss tape but now, who knows?

We need to take a step back and understand what the "dossier" was about.

It was actually a series of memos on various topics, written by Chris Steele. Steele has always maintained that these memos were raw data that he had gleaned from his contacts in Eastern Europe, and it was then up to Fusion GPS to sort the wheat from the chaff. That said, about the only thing that has been thrown back at Steele (and used to discredit the dossier) is this Cohen and Prague story, yet even this now appears like it may be proven true.

Bear in mind that Michael Avenatti (Stormy Daniels' lawyer) said last night that he thinks Cohen may have to take the 5th on Monday. He's in a whole heap of crap. Lyndsey Graham was on Fox News and called Cohen an idiot for recording phone conversations.

Cohen ordered to disclose client list by Monday
    Trump's longtime personal attorney went to federal court to stop prosecutors from looking at materials seized in a recent FBI raid.

By LAURA NAHMIAS and JOSH GERSTEIN 04/13/2018 09:11 AM EDT Updated 04/13/2018 06:45 PM EDT

NEW YORK — Lawyers for President Donald Trump and his longtime personal attorney Michael Cohen went to court Friday trying to stop federal prosecutors from getting at private material — but wound up with a judge ordering them to disclose Cohen’s client list in public.

U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood on Friday ordered attorneys for Cohen to hand over a list of Cohen’s law clients and proof of their relationship by 10 a.m. Monday, so she can decide whether materials seized from Cohen’s office by federal law enforcement agents last week should be protected by attorney-client privilege.

That list will be a public record, Wood said, because the identities of an attorney’s clients are not subject to attorney-client privilege unless the mere name itself would reveal the kind of advice sought or given.

Wood’s order raises the possibility of further embarrassing disclosures involving Cohen, who is already at the center of a legal dispute involving adult-film actress Stormy Daniels, who is suing the president to void a nondisclosure agreement negotiated by Cohen concerning a sexual encounter Daniels says she had with Trump in 2006.

more
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/13/michael-cohen-hearing-fbi-raid-522053

This is s**t you just cannot make up !!!

MSNBC reporting HACKERS at Prague meeting.

Natasha Bertrand reporting that Cohen was there to pay hush money to shut up the hackers ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭circadian

There is so much heat on these guys at the minute. Apparently there are documents going back 30 years taken in the FBI raid. Cohen only has one client.

These guys must know that this is it. Launching strikes at Syria ties in with the idea of distraction but these investigations aren't going away anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I know bringing up Clinton is generally whataboutery but she must be needing surgery to remove the smile from her face at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Pesky 1st amendment. Gotta use the taxpayer $$ to track those evil media sites (all 290,000 of them) that might be dissing the big orange dude: https://biglawbusiness.com/homeland-security-to-compile-database-of-journalists-bloggers/

Summary quote: "The U.S. Department of Homeland Security wants to monitor hundreds of thousands of news sources around the world and compile a database of journalists, editors, foreign correspondents, and bloggers to identify top “media influencers.”"

Scary stuff, hidden in all the Syria/Russia kerfuffle...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I know bringing up Clinton is generally whataboutery but she must be needing surgery to remove the smile from her face at this stage.

When the crows eventually come home to roost for Trump she might get a short bout of schadenfreude but I'd imagine the knowledge she actually managed to lose to Trump smothers any shred of joy his failures might ever engender.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Pesky 1st amendment. Gotta use the taxpayer $$ to track those evil media sites (all 290,000 of them) that might be dissing the big orange dude: https://biglawbusiness.com/homeland-security-to-compile-database-of-journalists-bloggers/

Summary quote: "The U.S. Department of Homeland Security wants to monitor hundreds of thousands of news sources around the world and compile a database of journalists, editors, foreign correspondents, and bloggers to identify top “media influencers.”"

Scary stuff, hidden in all the Syria/Russia kerfuffle...

CNBC has the DHS as running an annual exerise with some State Govt's to see if they can be hacked and elections interfered-wth.

tumblr_p76tu3SBsH1s8zzzfo1_540.jpg

Mumha wrote: »
    tumblr_p76tu3SBsH1s8zzzfo1_540.jpg

If that is independently verifiable its a damning indictment of the GOP.

I'm awaiting the next twitter shït storm as soon as Agolf Twittler awakes and gets his debriefing from Fox and Friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It seems Jim Mattis is the one, who limited the strikes in Syria. Not WWW3 on his watch, he said.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/15/trump-bluster-about-syria-james-mattis-calling-shots

Mad Dog Mattis, is the restrained one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

If that is independently verifiable its a damning indictment of the GOP.

I'm awaiting the next twitter shït storm as soon as Agolf Twittler awakes and gets his debriefing from Fox and Friends

Reagan administration alone saw the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials.

Reagan himself was up to his eyes in the iran-contra affair but let Oliver North take the fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro do a great job as Cohen and Mueller. And I say that as someone who found the SNL sketches funny early on but felt they were beating a dead horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What was he thinking with the 'Mission Accomplished' line? Even parking the hang-over from the Bush use of it, taking it on its own doe he really think anybody is going to believe that the problems are now solved?

Now he is out this morning on twitter defending it, so even he realises it didn't come out well, but does he have no memory of history?

The pictures look like they did some damage, bu they had nearly a full weeks warning that something was going to happen, plenty of time to prepare. Does anybody think they simply left everything in the open and prayed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro do a great job as Cohen and Mueller. And I say that as someone who found the SNL sketches funny early on but felt they were beating a dead horse.

I never understood the appeal of that show. It's like 1% funny and the rest is, well, I'm not sure what you'd call it. I think the Brits have spoiled us.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    What was he thinking with the 'Mission Accomplished' line? Even parking the hang-over from the Bush use of it, taking it on its own doe he really think anybody is going to believe that the problems are now solved?

Now he is out this morning on twitter defending it, so even he realises it didn't come out well, but does he have no memory of history?

The pictures look like they did some damage, bu they had nearly a full weeks warning that something was going to happen, plenty of time to prepare. Does anybody think they simply left everything in the open and prayed!

If one was cynical, one might say his warning re missile strikes was more of a friendly nod to Putin so that he could get his assets out of harm's way.

He is back tweeting about Attorney Client privilege. I would love him to try explain what that actually is. My view is he hasn't a f'n clue

8 tweets over 2 hours.

Comey has gotten right under his skin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Leroy42 wrote: »

Of course he doesn't Leroy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

8 tweets over 2 hours.

Comey has gotten right under his skin...

I had wondered this just from the prose of Comey; at first I thought it incredibly petty of him to bring up the small hands nonsense or pee tape, but on reflection it surely has to be a ploy to rile up Trump. Every competent statesman and civil servant knows at this point of Trumps fragile ego and hair trigger, and doubtlessly knows how to manipulate or placate as necessary.

Hard not to speculate that Comey intentionally used incendiary language to get Trump to overreact, take the heat off Mueller or even isolate him further from the GOP middleground. I refuse to beleive the head of the FBI doesnt know how to play the game. Probably a dangerous one, but given Comey did that already with the reopening of the Clinton investigation in the 11th hour of the election, he seems that type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

pixelburp wrote: »
    I had wondered this just from the prose of Comey; at first I thought it incredibly petty of him to bring up the small hands nonsense or pee tape, but on reflection it surely has to be a ploy to rile up Trump. Every competent statesman and civil servant knows at this point of Trumps fragile ego and hair trigger, and doubtlessly knows how to manipulate or placate as necessary.

Hard not to speculate that Comey intentionally used incendiary language to get Trump to overreact, take the heat off Mueller or even isolate him further from the GOP middleground. I refuse to beleive the head of the FBI doesnt know how to play the game. Probably a dangerous one, but given Comey did that already with the reopening of the Clinton investigation in the 11th hour of the election, he seems that type.

TBF to Comey, he did say that The Donald's hands weren't particularly small.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement