Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

notobtuse wrote: »
    Okay... Would you agree then that Mueller should also open the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s actions as Secretary of State involving the sale of so much control of US Uranium to the Russians; the destruction of her blackberry and personal server after a subpoena was issued; the pay to play accusations of the Clinton Foundation - in particular with donations and payments made by Russians; Hillary, her staff, the DNC and President Obama’s roll in the false Steele dossier which was used as the basis to illegally spy on the Trump administration in a scheme to derail Trump’s bid for the White House and later to cripple his presidency, and a few other Democratic operatives like the UN Ambassador, heads of the CIA, DOJ and FBI and their rolls in suspect actions during the election and ongoing investigations?

Sigh, that old rubbish again .... but Hillary !!! :D

Don't forget her paedo ring in that Washington pizzeria !!!

You must love Republicans wasting tax payer money on such lies - 7 Benghazi investigations, $7m on the last one before Cletus Gowdy had to admit there was no there there. Even that clown McCarthy admitted it was just to bring her numbers down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

LOL.  Hasn't Trump already fired a lot of his original cabinet or forced them out?

Yes because you know he hires the best people except when they involve beating up ex wives and not playing ball and showboating like Steve bannon did by taking the spotlight off the almighty trump.

He's also not bothered to fill positions that he should and he claims the democrats are blocking his appointments, despite the fact that several of his appointments withdrew their names from consideretion, due to either having conflicts of interest or being woefully unqualified for the position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I disagree.  Well over a year of investigations and no proof of Trump Russian/Collusion in the elections. Just a giant crap-load fishing expedition. IMO   I put forward that the graphic is the other way around.

He taking his sweet time if got some big info on Trump to sink him.

I disagree.  Well over a year of investigations and no proof of Trump Russian/Collusion in the elections. Just a giant crap-load fishing expedition. IMO   I put forward that the graphic is the other way around.

You can put forward all you want, but you have no way of knowing what Mueller knows. 19 indictments, 5 guilty pleas, including what Flynn, Papadopoulos and Gates have told Mueller, and that's before you include what foreign intel have provided to Mueller.

I can see why you are, quite rightly, so scared and desperate to see Mueller shut down, as the logical consequences is that Trump and his associates will be shown not only to be crooks/gangsters, but also traitors to the USA and the West in general. You can't handle the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Basically, I defend Trump because he is doing a pretty good job as POTUS.  I could do without the Twitter nonsense... then again I can see why he does it because the media is focused on his character assassination... so he has found a way to bypass the biased media filter and go directly to the people.  And I wish he wasn't such a blowhard.  But he is governing as the most conservative president in modern US history... and I would be good with that for another almost 7 years. IMO

So you're okay with all the racist and inflammatory and downright disgusting remarks then, once he is conservative?

Without blaming others why things weren't done, what has he actually achieved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

everlast75 wrote: »
    Basically, I defend Trump because he is doing a pretty good job as POTUS.  I could do without the Twitter nonsense... then again I can see why he does it because the media is focused on his character assassination... so he has found a way to bypass the biased media filter and go directly to the people.  And I wish he wasn't such a blowhard.  But he is governing as the most conservative president in modern US history... and I would be good with that for another almost 7 years. IMO

So you're okay with all the racist and inflammatory and downright disgusting remarks then, once he is conservative?

Without blaming others why things weren't done, what has he actually achieved?
    What racist remarks?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Which of The Donald's policies make you think he's doing a good job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Different times. Barbara Bush once referred to, Geraldine Ferraro as a bitch. She was mortified at herself and immediately rang Geraldine to apologise.
    Oh different times.

DT isn't doing a, good job. Changed his mind, a the last minute on Syrian sanctions and left Haley whistling in the wind. That's not leadership.

What racist remarks?

I am not going to list them all - you can find them easily online..

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

What racist remarks?

Here's a looong list

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

Not included, the "sh*thole countries" remark.

• Advertisement

What racist remarks?

With that kind of logic everything is racist. IMO

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

What racist remarks?

Yes, your opinion. And you're in a minority of 1.

Do you say things like this?

Immigrants from Haiti all have AIDS.

or this:

Nigerians, once seeing the United States, would never go back to their huts in Africa.

or this:

Nigerians, once seeing the United States, would never go back to their huts in Africa.

Locker room talk ???? :rolleyes:

Mumha wrote: »
    Locker room talk ???? :rolleyes:

A bit of harmless fun.

A bit of harmless fun.

And don't forget "something something fake news, something something Hillary".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭josip

... because the media is focused on his character assassination...

But the man doesn't have any character whatsoever to assassinate.
    Today for some reason I was trying to think of any redeeming character feature he has and I couldn't think of any.

or this:

No, but I’ve been called racist for non-racist comments.  I’ve found it to be a standard ploy for shutting down debate.  Unfortunately when everything is racist, nothing is racist.

Were those quotes from Trump himself, or some anonymous source?  I bet they were anonymous sources who refused to be named… right?  The standards for journalism really has gone down the crapper.  I'd say we're seeing a resurgence of yellow journalism but people might think I'm talking about the Steele dossier, again.  8-)

josip wrote: »
    ... because the media is focused on his character assassination...

But the man doesn't have any character whatsoever to assassinate.
    Today for some reason I was trying to think of any redeeming character feature he has and I couldn't think of any.
    Unfortunately character assassination of Trump has worked for the Democrats and the media.  And what do we learn from tactics that work... everyone starts using them!  When we get the next Democratic president in office we'll see the same kind of character assassinations put into action by the GOP.  This is what our politics has become.  And you can't expect things to change just because parties change.  If the Democrats and the media don't want it to happen to their next guy/gal they should stop now... not when the spot changes political hands.  IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

Trump doesn't need the Media to assassinate his character. His character is on show every time he opens his mouth or tweets.

He is vile and has yet to show one redeemable trait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well Hillary was a bit stuck, when asked that question. She did say he had nice children.

No, but I’ve been called racist for non-racist comments.  I’ve found it to be a standard ploy for shutting down debate.  Unfortunately when everything is racist, nothing is racist.

Were those quotes from Trump himself, or some anonymous source?  I bet they were anonymous sources who refused to be named… right?

Very
    Fine
    People
    On
    Both
    Sides

Were those quotes from Trump himself, or some anonymous source?  I bet they were anonymous sources who refused to be named… right?  The standards for journalism really has gone down the crapper.  I'd say we're seeing a resurgence of yellow journalism but people might think I'm talking about the Steele dossier, again.  8-)

Sure. Do you mock disabled people?

Here's a link to that Opposition sketch.. a little levity after the last few manic days

https://play.google.com/music/m/Innv6trfaa7422vyh4k46tyrjci?t=Trumpcast

Very
    Fine
    People
    On
    Both
    Sides

"When you're a celebrity they let you do it."

Big news..

Another headache for The Don.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/986716007019565056?s=19

PS - the lawyer who acted for McDougal (Richardson) is the same lawyer who acted for Daniels. So if this agreement is weak enough to be voided after the raid on Cohen's office, Daniels' may very well be too.

2 further things.

Daniels could be put down to a mistake by Trump to his evangelical base, but McDougal was a full on affair. Harder to explain away.

Secondly, adultery is a crime in NY, so technically he has committed a crime, which (to any other President would be an impeachable offence

Sure. Do you mock disabled people?
    I make fun of myself and I'm classified as disabled with having broken my neck.  Does that count?

I make fun of myself and I'm classified as disabled with having broken my neck.  Does that count?

No. Do you mock other disabled people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Notobuse, you say you are open to criticism of Trump, yet when he's clearly racist remarks are highlighted the best you can come with it is the above. Do you think any of the remarks were racist? Do you think it was right he picked he decided that the Nazi's needed the protection of POTUS?

The problem you are having is that you are so seemingly intent on defending Trump that you are willing to forego any sense of personal credibility.

You have a problem with HC using Fusion GPS for dirt on Trump, but nothing at all to say on Trump Jr turning to the Russian government. You seem to see nothing wrong with Trump lying to protect his son.

You see nothing wrong with Trump having affairs and paying hush money. You see nothing wrong with Trump slapping down Tillerson for mentioning talks with NK, yet claiming Pompeo is great for doing the same. You have no issue with Trump completely rowing back on his stance on sanctions against Russia.

Park your hatred for HC and the DNC for a second, because whether they are guilty or not has no impact on Trump. He is the leader of the US. He has just signed off, without reading, a 1.3tn spending plan. He had passed a tax cut that on current models will lead to massive tax revenue impact on the US.

How can any proud American cheer when their POTUS has become such a windbag against Russia? How can they cheer when he has landed America in such massive additional debt? How can they cheer when he has forced open to the fissures in society? How can you cheer when he goes against every conservative ideal?

Government spending is increasing, he is actively attacking the states rights to make their own decisions, he continues to fund planned parenthood, he completely, totally, miserably failed to deliver on his signature promise to repeal and replace.

He has failed to go after HC (you keep mentioning why someone hasn't done it, you should ask him and the GOP not shift the blame to someone else). He has failed to do anything about Russia interference. My god, how can any proud American watch as POTUS fails to even ask the president of Russia about this. America beat the US in the cold war and now they have a POTUS that is afraid of Putin.

The man is so scared of Putin that rather than annoy Putin he hung out to dry the second senior diplomat he had, and the woman that had gone to war with the UN for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement