Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well, the lawyers et al, know that Cohen will be under intense pressure. If there is anything on him, he will be flipped.
    What odds would anyone give on him being clean. The bookie, would be simply, be taking the money off you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

No. just trying to help jook figure out what it might be that people hate about Obama so much. It could be his hair.
    They hate cool.

Strangely ,for the US reputation they seem to hate success (or is it just material success they admire?)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

jooksavage wrote: »
    Pointed out by someone this morning that some of Trumps' associates, including Scaramucci and friend and former attorney Jay Goldberg, have been providing commentary since the Cohen raid, comparing Cohen to mobster Sammy Gravano and talking in terms of will he/won't he "flip" and give up Trump. Huh? This is the President of the United States and these guys, his self-proclaimed supporters, are completely blasé about their assumption that he's guilty of something. They're not concerned by the actual commission of a crime - they're not vigorously denying that. They seem to be taking that for granted.
    amandstu wrote: »
    et tu Scaramucci?:eek:

It's not just them.. It's everyone..

There seems to be a tacit acceptance that he's guilty of something and the only things being discussed are if someone will rat him out and if that crime will be bad enough to cause impeachment...

It's truly shocking that that is the level of conversation going on about the President of the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It's truly shocking that that is the level of conversation going on about the President of the US.

Every.. single.. day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

I read somewhere that there might be money laundering questions on Florida property deals that will ultimately prove to be his undoing.

He has added a husband and wife team that are experienced in federal cases from Florida to his legal team, so he may think that he has to cover something on that flank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

everlast75 wrote: »
    Every.. single.. day

For amusement, I recommend http://rudepundit.blogspot.ie/. Emphatically NSFW, but he's extremely astute. He had this to say recently about Trump and why he's such an awful POTUS and person:
    "You know what was great about every other president ever? They occasionally stayed out of the public eye for a while so that they didn't become utterly f***ing tedious in their repetitive bullsh*t. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://static01.nyt.com/files/2018/us/politics/20180419-james-comey-memos.pdf?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

The Comey memos were released/leaked after the justice dept gave them to the republicans in congress(just before the trump supporters give out about leaks.It's the GOP this time)

The link above shows the actual memos as written by James Comey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The Democratic National Committee filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit today against the Russian government, the Trump campaign and the WikiLeaks organization alleging conspiracy to disrupt the 2016 campaign and get Donald Trump elected.  The suit alleges that top Trump campaign officials conspired with the Russian government and its military spy agency to hack the computer networks of the Democratic Party and disseminating stolen material found there.

This is laughable.  I have to wonder if the DNC has lost their collective minds.  First, the DNC REFUSED to allow the FBI access to their server to determine if the server was actually hacked, and if it was, who hacked it.  Second,  the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC paid for the specious Steele dossier which utilized information obtained from Russian operatives and was used as the basis to illegally spy on the Trump administration in a scheme to derail Trump’s bid for the White House and later to cripple his presidency.

If the DNC goes forward with this lunacy, Trump should immediately file a lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and the DNC for their underhanded roll in the 2016 election.  I think Trump would have a much stronger case in civil court, as long is it’s not filed in New York or Washington, DC.  Trump might just bankrupt the DNC and Clinton.  That would be a good thing, IMO.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democratic-party-files-lawsuit-alleging-russia-the-trump-campaign-and-wikileaks-conspired-to-disrupt-the-2016-campaign/2018/04/20/befe8364-4418-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.134d31d79762

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

notobtuse wrote: »
    The Democratic National Committee filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit today against the Russian government, the Trump campaign and the WikiLeaks organization alleging conspiracy to disrupt the 2016 campaign and get Donald Trump elected.  The suit alleges that top Trump campaign officials conspired with the Russian government and its military spy agency to hack the computer networks of the Democratic Party and disseminating stolen material found there.

This is laughable.  I have to wonder if the DNC has lost their collective minds.  First, the DNC REFUSED to allow the FBI access to their server to determine if the server was actually hacked, and if it was, who hacked it.  Second,  the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC paid for the specious Steele dossier which utilized information obtained from Russian operatives and was used as the basis to illegally spy on the Trump administration in a scheme to derail Trump’s bid for the White House and later to cripple his presidency.

If the DNC goes forward with this lunacy, Trump should immediately file a lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and the DNC for their underhanded roll in the 2016 election.  I think Trump would have a much stronger case in civil court, as long is it’s not filed in New York or Washington, DC.  Trump might just bankrupt the DNC and Clinton.  That would be a good thing, IMO.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democratic-party-files-lawsuit-alleging-russia-the-trump-campaign-and-wikileaks-conspired-to-disrupt-the-2016-campaign/2018/04/20/befe8364-4418-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.134d31d79762

Yeah. More But Hillary stuff eh? Nevermind. Listen, The Donald has a plethora of legal sh1tstorms coming his way. I guarantee you he won't have time to be suing anyone.

So bankrupting one of the two major parties in the country is a good thing ? That's not a good thing.

You really are a slightly gullible person going on your posts here, which seem to show a willingness to believe any old stuff that fits your world view regardless of it's factual basis. You've bought hook,line, and sinker into President Trump and his nonsense. You clearly can't see the massive character flaws that man has. He and the GOP are willing to bend over backwards to distort the facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

This has been done before:
    The lawsuit echoes a similar legal tactic that the Democratic Party used during the Watergate scandal. In 1972, the DNC filed suit against then President Richard Nixon’s reelection committee seeking $1 million in damages for the break-in at Democratic headquarters in the Watergate building.

The suit was denounced at the time by Nixon’s attorney general, John Mitchell, who called it a case of “sheer demagoguery” by the DNC. But the civil action brought by former DNC chair Lawrence F. O’Brien was ultimately successful, yielding a $750,000 settlement from the Nixon campaign that was reached on the day in 1974 that Nixon left office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

The Democratic National Committee filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit today against the Russian government, the Trump campaign and the WikiLeaks organization alleging conspiracy to disrupt the 2016 campaign and get Donald Trump elected. The suit alleges that top Trump campaign officials conspired with the Russian government and its military spy agency to hack the computer networks of the Democratic Party and disseminating stolen material found there.

This is laughable. I have to wonder if the DNC has lost their collective minds. First, the DNC REFUSED to allow the FBI access to their server to determine if the server was actually hacked, and if it was, who hacked it. Second, the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC paid for the specious Steele dossier which utilized information obtained from Russian operatives and was used as the basis to illegally spy on the Trump administration in a scheme to derail Trump’s bid for the White House and later to cripple his presidency.

If the DNC goes forward with this lunacy, Trump should immediately file a lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and the DNC for their underhanded roll in the 2016 election. I think Trump would have a much stronger case in civil court, as long is it’s not filed in New York or Washington, DC. Trump might just bankrupt the DNC and Clinton. That would be a good thing, IMO.

Should he actually file a lawsuit or just threaten to do so? Either way, his history of litigiousness is hardly a glittering success.

Should he actually file a lawsuit or just threaten to do so? Either way, his history of litigiousness is hardly a glittering success.

Yeah, a great sign that trump will not actually sue you is by him actually threatening to sue you.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

So bankrupting one of the two major parties in the country is a good thing ? That's not a good thing.

You really are a slightly gullible person going on your posts here,  which seem to show a willingness to believe any old stuff that fits your world view regardless of it's factual basis. You've bought hook,line, and sinker into President Trump and his nonsense. You clearly can't see the massive character flaws that man has. He and the GOP are willing to bend over backwards to distort the facts.
    I don't care about Hillary Clinton.  And bankrupting the DNC would only be a temporary thing.  They would build up their coffers again with donations, but a least it will make them (hopefully) think twice before doing something so asinine, again, IMO.  But I won't hold my breath.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    https://static01.nyt.com/files/2018/us/politics/20180419-james-comey-memos.pdf?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

The Comey memos were released/leaked after the justice dept gave them to the republicans in congress(just before the trump supporters give out about leaks.It's the GOP this time)

The link above shows the actual memos as written by James Comey.
    At least the classified parts were redacted.  Can’t say that about Comey’s leak. 

I don’t like leaks, but wonder why the GOP did it, nonetheless.  First thing is Comey never explicitly said in his memos that Trump obstructed his investigation. Second, by redacting the classified parts of the memos the Republicans attempted to show that the memos Comey had leaked were actually classified documents and that he perjured himself in his Senate testimony. IMO.

In a fair civil court setting I think Trump would have a strong case this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Ah, so the courts are against him as well. So its the media, Washington DC, the elites, the courts, the electoral college.

Amazing how the guy managed to pull himself through life with literally everything ranged against him.

Makes you wonder though. If everything in the US was aimed against him, where could he possibly go to help him overcome this?

At least the classified parts were redacted. Can’t say that about Comey’s leak.

I don’t like leaks, but wonder why the GOP did it, nonetheless. First thing is Comey never explicitly said in his memos that Trump obstructed his investigation. Second, by redacting the classified parts of the memos the Republicans attempted to show that the memos Comey had leaked were actually classified documents and that he perjured himself in his Senate testimony. IMO.

How do you feel about the leaks coming from the white house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Ah, so the courts are against him as well. So its the media, Washington DC, the elites, the courts, the electoral college.

Amazing how the guy managed to pull himself through life with literally everything ranged against him.

It really is astonishing that anyone can look at the sheer number of scandals surrounding Trump and still think that he's being unfairly maligned.

Either he's the unluckiest person in the history of the fecking world or... maybe he's an incredibly corrupt person?

He's the President of the United States, his party controls the entire government but he complains endlessly that he can't get things done because he's being obstructed!

To still believe Trump is being unfairly targeted at this point requires almost superhuman stubbornness combined with total immunity to facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The DNC lawsuit may be more to do with getting disclosure orders.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »

Ah, so the courts are against him as well.  So its the media, Washington DC, the elites, the courts, the electoral college.

Makes you wonder though.  If everything in the US was aimed against him, where could he possibly go to help him overcome this?
    Not the electoral college.  With all the underhandedness, deceit, and character assassinations afoot it really is a wonder he won the presidency.

At least the classified parts were redacted.  Can’t say that about Comey’s leak.

I don’t like leaks, but wonder why the GOP did it, nonetheless.  First thing is Comey never explicitly said in his memos that Trump obstructed his investigation. Second, by redacting the classified parts of the memos the Republicans attempted to show that the memos Comey had leaked were actually classified documents and that he perjured himself in his Senate testimony. IMO.

How do you feel about the leaks coming from the white house?
    I said I don't like leaks.

The DNC lawsuit may be more to do with getting disclosure orders.
    That is possible, but I wonder if it might backfire and cause them to allow the FBI access to their server.  I don't think the DNC took hammers to it like Hillary and her staff did to their blackberries and private unsecure bathroom server after subpoenas were issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Not the electoral college.  With all the underhandedness, deceit, and character assassinations afoot it really is a wonder he won the presidency.

It is. But I think people are seeing The Donald's underhandedness, deceit and character assassinations first hand now. His underhandedness is being exposed by Mueller, his deceit by Stormy Daniels et al's lawsuits and his character assassinations via his tweets. You're right. He is an awful human being. It beggars belief that such a man could be elected.

What if they came from Trump? I'm going somewhere with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,830 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Don had changed his mind about the electoral college between 2012 and 2016, and apparently the 2012 election process as well, where Obama was re-elected. Imagine where he, you and the US would be if he hadn't changed his mind about them and decided to get involved in what he described as undemocratic processes.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
    5:45 AM - Nov 7, 2012

This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!
    8:33 PM - 6 Nov 2012

He is an awful human being. It beggars belief that such a man could be elected.

Picture the scene:

You're at a party. Maybe you've gone to the bar to get a drink. You're by yourself for a short time.

In walks an obese man with a spray-on tan. He makes eye contact. You nod out of politeness.

He starts walking over you, maintaining eye contact. You don't want to talk to this guy but your friends are several meters away. You're going to have to make some polite conversation. Perhaps throw in a line about your husband.

He gets closer. You start to smell the unmistakable scent of minty tic-tacs. He's right in front of you now.

You start into some pleasantries. "Hey, nice party, isn't...". Before you get the words out, your inner monologue is asking "WHAT THE FÚCK???". You look down and this orange, obese, tic-tak smelling guy has his small hand on your vagina and he's just grabbing it.

You look around. Nobody can see, or at least they aren't letting on that they see. You make eye contact with the fat one. He just stares, a vacant expression looking into your eyes. He's still grabbing your vagina.

Slowly he moves his head towards yours. The minty smell of tic-tacs gets stronger. "Oh Shít!", you think, as he moves in for a kiss. He gets closer. By now, his lips have turned into something resembling a prolapsed anus. Closer still. By now, the minty fresh smell of tic-tacs makes your eyes water. "Is anyone seeing this?", you ask yourself.

You're helpless. With his little hand clasping firmly on your vagina, you aren't going anywhere. By now his prolapse-looking lips are slobbering all over your face. "It'll be over soon", you say to yourself.

After what feels like an eternity, he lets go of your vagina and casually walks away. No "Thank you" or anything. You spit out a worn-down tic-tac that you find in your mouth and try to take stock of what just happened.

You've just been Trumped.

What if they came from Trump? I'm going somewhere with this.
    I said I don't like leaks.  I might have an idea where you are going with this, so let me say this, also... I want equal justice under the law.  Not selected justice depending on what party you belong to, as we see today in the US.  If you ignore the wrongdoings of someone from one party, don't use the law to hide behind to go after someone from another party.  Take for example Andrew McCade.  He did almost exactly the same thing that Michael Flynn was charged for.  Yet McCade is walking around scott-free at this point and raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for himself.  To me, selective justice is a bigger problem than leaks.

I said I don't like leaks. I might have an idea where you are going with this, so let me say this, also... I want equal justice under the law. Not selected justice depending on what party you belong to, as we see today in the US. If you ignore the wrongdoings of someone from one party, don't use the law to hide behind to go after someone from another party. Take for example Andrew McCade. He did almost exactly the same thing that Michael Flynn was charged for. Yet McCade is walking around scott-free at this point and raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for himself. To me, selective justice is a bigger problem than leaks.

Erm, McCabe is being investigate for exactly that.

• Advertisement

aloyisious wrote: »

Don had changed his mind about the electoral college between 2012 and 2016, and apparently the 2012 election process as well, where Obama was re-elected. Imagine where he, you and the US would be if he hadn't changed his mind about them and decided to get involved in what he described as undemocratic processes.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
    5:45 AM - Nov 7, 2012

This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!
    8:33 PM - 6 Nov 2012
    I don't think he or any other individual could change the process.  I believe it might take a constitutional amendment to go from the electoral college vote to a gang-mentality (popular) vote. IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement