Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Roseanne calls black woman an ape - "1st amendment rights!"
    NFL players kneel in a peaceful protest - "FIRE THEM!"

Trump weighs in on the Roseanne matter, and not in the way that you would think...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1001848460881035265

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

everlast75 wrote: »
    Trump weighs in on the Roseanne matter, and not in the way that you would think...

It took him a while to figure out what to do after FOX came out against her.

When in doubt :

ME ME ME ME ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

Roseanne calls black woman an ape - "1st amendment rights!"
    NFL players kneel in a peaceful protest - "FIRE THEM!"

For a second I thought he had come out against racism and was about to compliment him.

Nope. Not even close. Just complaining that people were to him and not caring about the racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

By not in the way you would think you meant in exactly the way you would think, right?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

A spokeswoman for Sanofi, the pharmaceutical company that makes Ambien, said in response to Barr's tweets about taking the sedative: "While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication."

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

By not in the way you would think you meant in exactly the way you would think, right?

I thought so too. Depressingly familiar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

He really is totally unfit for the office he holds.

In any other job he would have been fired ages ago.(Yes, I know this job is not something to be fired from) Imagine the head of a major company carrying on like he is.

We had the #metoo movement, a time when POTUS should come out and articulate the changing landscape, but of course he can't because, well, all the stuff he does.

You have the continued school shootings, and whilst Obama never did anymore than talk about it, he did that function well.

You have the China trade talks, which he seems to be running like a game of whack-a-mole.

One day the NK talks are off, next day they are back on. Everything seems like its in chaos.

He is back again complaining about Sessions. Fine fire him so. You're the fecking POTUS, stop whinging about how hard everything is and just get on with it.

Avenatti got spanked today, and not in a stormy daniels way. He has withdrawn from the SDNY Vs Cohen proceedings following vigorous questioning from the learned judge.

He still of course has her case.

Fair play to him - the pressure he has put Cohen and Trump under worked a treat so far and applying to stay in the SNDY case did that wonderfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭briany

Are there any articles out there that detail Trump's apparent psychological journey from the Democrat-leaning level-headed business man of the 80s and 90s to the man staring daggers at Obama during the 2012 White House Correspondents Dinner because Obama mocked Trump's birther beliefs?

Generally, people over 65 are very set in their personality and their views on things. I know we could say that Trump has always been an narcissist, but you can still express that from a left or right wing stance, so Trump's wild swing to the right, to conspiracy theory subscribing, to fire breathing populism is still remarkable. Was it a Road to Damascus moment that prompted it? Was it a slower process? Was it him drunk on his The Apprentice fame?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Nox

Too many folks forget the positive things President Trump has accomplished and eat the pablum blather the MSM regurgitates daily.

• Advertisement

Nox wrote: »
    Too many folks forget the positive things President Trump has accomplished and eat the pablum blather the MSM regurgitates daily.
    Go on then, why not set the record straight.
    List all his achievements and compare that against the list of negatives so we can all aee how you arrived at that conclusion

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Go on then, why not set the record straight.
    List all his achievements and compare that against the list of negatives so we can all aee how you arrived at that conclusion

Peace in the middle East! No... wait

Em

Tax cuts to benefit the middle income familes! No... wait

Em

Drain the swa.... No. Wait. Gimme a second

Em

Lock Hillary up!!... Nope

Em

Build the wall! No, wait - that's not right.

I'll be back later - and boy will I show you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Add Trade Wars with allies to Trump's achievements: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/30/trump-administration-is-planning-to-impose-tariffs-on-eu-steel-and-aluminum-dow-jones-citing-sources.html

Not exempting the EU from a 25% steel tariff, after all. Bait, switch, bait, lie, switch, lie...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Suspiciously Donald like tweet sent from the Melania's twitter.

https://twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/1001912411933364224

Also, Kim Kardashian looking good for a spot in the Justice Department

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1001961235838103552

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Suspiciously Donald like tweet sent from the Melania's twitter.

I dunno, no 'FAKE NEWS!'; it might really be from her?

(I do not think that it is from her)

I'll believe that was her tweet when I see a pic of her holding today's newspaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I'll believe that was her tweet when I see a pic of her holding today's newspaper
    . . . standing in front of the White House.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't think the media is working over time actually on this. I think they are wondering if she is alright. Are American politicians/people of not required to say "the American people" in statements or tweets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Nox

Looks like being a fan of the current POTUS is not a popular thing here. The biggest and best accomplishment of this administration has to do with the courts ... beginning with the Supreme Court followed by the District Courts. Look at what is happening ... and after only 18 months.  Trans Pacific.  Iran.  NOKO.  Hostages ... the list goes on. 
    In a quick response to a prior post ... stay tuned about "lock her up". This deplorable is still waiting for the IG report. Tax cuts ... they sure have helped me. But then "crumbs" Nancy wants to repeal those and increase taxes.
    BTW ... the creeps in MS-13 are indeed ANIMALS. Look at photos of their victims and tell me I'm wrong. Having said that, I anticipate that someone will ... but I doubt the will have looked at the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Looks like being a fan of the current POTUS is not a popular thing here. The biggest and best accomplishment of this administration has to do with the courts ... beginning with the Supreme Court followed by the District Courts. Look at what is happening ... and after only 18 months. Trans Pacific. Iran. NOKO. Hostages ... the list goes on.
    In a quick response to a prior post ... stay tuned about "lock her up". This deplorable is still waiting for the IG report. Tax cuts ... they sure have helped me. But then "crumbs" Nancy wants to repeal those and increase taxes.
    BTW ... the creeps in MS-13 are indeed ANIMALS. Look at photos of their victims and tell me I'm wrong. Having said that, I anticipate that someone will ... but I doubt the will have looked at the photos.

Interesting post. If you could get more sound bytes and buzz words in it would be better.

• Advertisement

Looks like being a fan of the current POTUS is not a popular thing here. The biggest and best accomplishment of this administration has to do with the courts ... beginning with the Supreme Court followed by the District Courts. Look at what is happening ... and after only 18 months.  Trans Pacific.  Iran.  NOKO.  Hostages ... the list goes on. 

Can someone else take this?

I've carpal tunnel from dealing with these types of rambling, sound byte filled posts.

You are correct that being a fan is not popular around here, and indeed in many places. You either think that somehow you are one of a select few that see the real picture or perhaps you are wrong. Quantity does not equal being right, but when the majority, all individuals, are falling in one direction and have posted plenty of examples of how they came to that conclusion, simply coming on and saying that everyone is wrong without any actual evidence of which you have based your position is of course going to open you up to questions.

I see that you made a small attempt to point out the positives. Lets review them;

The biggest and best accomplishment of this administration has to do with the courts ... beginning with the Supreme Court followed by the District Courts.

What effects has this had? I hear Trump and the GOP talk endlessly about it, but apart from looking to politicise the legal system (which surely cannot be seen as a good thing) what has it actually achieved. What was the major issue that was ruining the previous legal system that putting political stooges in place is going to solve?
    Trans Pacific. Same as above. What benefit has Trump position brought to the US? I would assume you do see that the agreement would have brought some benefits, which are no gone, so these need to be factored in. 
    Iran. We have gone from a position of a deal which was holding off them gaining a nuke, to no deal at all. I can, if I try really hard, see how he wanted a better deal, but to just drop out without any deal in place? How is that any better? 
    NOKO. Nothing is achieved yet and Trump seems to be very much reacting to events rather than the driver of them. The real truth is that the reason NK are talking now rather than to Obama or W Bush, is that they finally got the nuke. They have a major bargaining chip. NK were never going to take on the US militarily, China wouldn't let them as it would be a direct threat to them. This isn't because of anything Trump did, NK would have done the same had they got the bomb under Obama. Kim has what he wanted, knows he is in a powerful position and is looking to cash in on the investment.
    Hostages - They were hostages freed under Obama as well.
    Tax cuts ... they sure have helped me. But how much did that cost you? Lets say you have got 10k back in taxes. Corporations are saving billions. Elites, like Trump, are going to save millions. That you can be bought off, with your own money, so easily is startling. The national debt is going to mushroom. The likes of Pelosi of course will have to increase your taxes later, how else will all this be paid for. BTW, do you not think it odd that the CT cut is forever yet your taxes are time restricted?
    MS-13 - Can you show me a quote where anyone has said that MS-13 are welcome? Can you show me anything to suggest that the DNC are against dealing with criminals? Do you really think that until Trump arrived the US police simply ignored MS-13? And why the focus on them? There is plenty of crime in the US, carried out by US citizens. What is Trump doing about the continued school shootings. The rampant deaths from guns due to lack of gun control? Do you think MS-13 are somehow the only criminal gangs in the US?

Now what about all the negative things he has done. Before you can state that he is positive one needs to consider both sides.

He has aggressively attacked the press, a cornerstone of your constitution.
    He has used the POTUS to enrich himself and his family.
    His family continues to use his position to further their business interests, Ivanka has miracously obtained 13 patents in China in the last 3 months.
    He has given tacit, and sometimes explicit, acceptance of racism. Even the latest issue with Rosanne.
    He has done nothing to deal with the lack of medicare.
    He is doing nothing to prepare the US for the effects of climate change
    He hasn't failed to deliver on his promise for Mexico to pay for the wall.
    He is currently under investigation for obstruction of justice and possible campaign corruption
    He has stood by his son who admitted to trying to collude with a foreign power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Looks like being a fan of the current POTUS is not a popular thing here. The biggest and best accomplishment of this administration has to do with the courts ... beginning with the Supreme Court followed by the District Courts. Look at what is happening ... and after only 18 months. Trans Pacific. Iran. NOKO. Hostages ... the list goes on.

Wow, you don't see too many dormant accounts reactivate after 13 years! Makes me nostalgic for 2005: trucker hats, cargo pants, the unstoppable ascent of the celtic tiger, Pete Doherty and Kate Moss, the Neo-Cons... Wait... you're not John Bolton are you?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

Any chance you could decode that message, and tell us wtf you are actually talking about.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

The Telegraph has a well written article about DT giving Jack Johnson the first black Heavyweight world champion a posthumous presidential pardon . 
    Theres a cool photo of DT, Sly Stallone, Lennox Lewis and Deontay Wilder (current WBC champion) all in the Oval office for the signing. 

CNN have a good article too, with a video. https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/30/politics/how-to-get-pardoned-by-trump/index.html ...

RIGOLO wrote: »
    The Telegraph has a well written article about DT giving Jack Johnson the first black Heavyweight world champion a posthumous presidential pardon . 
    Theres a cool photo of DT, Sly Stallone, Lennox Lewis and Deontay Wilder (current WBC champion) all in the Oval office for the signing. 

CNN have a good article too, with a video. https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/30/politics/how-to-get-pardoned-by-trump/index.html ...

That almost makes up for him pardoning Joe Arpaio.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Going by his pointed refusal to address Rosaenne Barr's actual comments, one could surmise Trump might sympathize more with the people who called Johnson an "ape" than with the athlete himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Maybe he's just a fan of prostitutes.

Seriously though, nothing wrong with the pardon and should have happened decades ago. My understanding is that it was a trumped up charge to strip the title from Johnson by fragile white-folk.

A welcome act of social justice virtue signalling from Trump.

jooksavage wrote: »
    Going by his pointed refusal to address Rosaenne Barr's actual comments, one could surmise Trump might sympathize more with the people who called Johnson an "ape" than with the athlete himself.

I'm sure she would be welcome at the White House and given a job she would be ridiculously unqualified for. That is Trump's M.O.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hrm. Maybe this is one way something can be done by Trump on prison reform - meet with a celebrity advocate:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-kim-kardashian-meeting-prison-reform-alice-marie-johnson-a8376771.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement