Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 dpd666

Trump is doing a "Crimes of Mexicans" speech thing going on now.

It's a bit weird.

Nothing odd there all immigrants bad playing to his base ? If he was going on about how positive immigrants were I would say it was odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/393581-rhode-island-bill-would-keep-trump-off-2020-ballot-unless-he-filed-his

Interesting one. A Rhode island bill has been put forward stating that no candidate may be put on a ballot without releasing 5 years of tax returns.

Can't see trumpy being too happy about that!!!

Interesting one. A Rhode island bill has been put forward stating that no candidate may be put on a ballot without releasing 5 years of tax returns.

Can't see trumpy being too happy about that!!!

Have no issue with that, Does it include declaring any offshore stuff in tax havens ? Would love to see them have to present a full financial package too detailing what their involved in and where their money is. I know they have to declare some interests. But tbh what will it do, Trump already got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

dpd666 wrote: »
    Nothing odd there all immigrants bad playing to his base ? If he was going on about how positive immigrants were I would say it was odd.

I see that you're not familiar with populist fear mongering. Fair enough but I'm not that young. It's like when breitbart had the black-people crime section.

I just expected less transparent propaganda.

By the way, do you remember PepefrogOK?

I see that you're not familiar with populist fear mongering. Fair enough but I'm not that young. It's like when breitbart had the black-people crime section.

I just expected less transparent propaganda.

By the way, do you remember PepefrogOK?

Did breitbart present the FBI figures and all the relevant crime statistics. Facts dot lie. I'm old enough to remember the whole WMD nonsense. And Obama, Hilary and loads of others banging on about Illegal immigrants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Did breitbart present the FBI figures and all the relevant crime statistics. Facts dot lie. I'm old enough to remember the whole WMD nonsense. And Obama, Hilary and loads of others banging on about Illegal immigrants.

Facts don't lie but they can be used very effectively to support a lie when presented out of context.

Facts don't lie but they can be used very effectively to support a lie when presented out of context.

Would that be like presenting black people being disproportionately on the end of white violence. When in actual fact it's black on black violence that is the issue ? But this is a rabbit hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Would that be like presenting black people being disproportionately on the end of white violence. When in actual fact it's black on black violence that is the issue ? But this is a rabbit hole.

Sure.

Sure.

So are you saying that is factually inaccurate ? The FBI and crime statistics don't lie. As a black person in a black neighbourhood I would be more worried about being shot or assaulted by a fellow black person than some random white guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So are you saying that is factually inaccurate ? The FBI and crime statistics don't lie. As a black person in a black neighbourhood I would be more worried about being shot or assaulted by a fellow black person than some random white guy.

Unless the white guy was a cop....

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »

As a white person I would be more worried about being shot by a white cop. They shoot far more white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

everlast75 wrote: »

As a white person I would be more worried about being shot by a white cop. They shoot far more white people.
    I like it. You call it a rabbit hole and then keep going down it.

Anything but talk about Trump. The only way to defend the man is to hint that stuff Trump has admitted to doing didn't happen (chucking kids in cells) and to talk about anything but Trump himself when the man starts stirring up hatred of foreigners.

Oh for your statistics look up relative probability and start a thread on that then.

Christy42 wrote: »

Anything but talk about Trump. The only way to defend the man is to hint that stuff Trump has admitted to doing didn't happen (chucking kids in cells) and to talk about anything but Trump himself when the man starts stirring up hatred of foreigners.

Oh for your statistics look up relative probability and start a thread on that then.

Hang on where have I defended Trump ? probability skews the statistics. And the statistics don't lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Anyone else see that the girl on the cover of Time magazine wasn't separated from her mother? It seems whatever you are trying to argue, it would help if your propaganda supported your point at the very least. I haven't seen a post about it?

Have no issue with that, Does it include declaring any offshore stuff in tax havens ? Would love to see them have to present a full financial package too detailing what their involved in and where their money is. I know they have to declare some interests. But tbh what will it do, Trump already got in.

The idea is that he couldn't go on a 2020 ballot without providing the data

Anyone else see that the girl on the cover of Time magazine wasn't separated from her mother? It seems whatever you are trying to argue, it would help if your propaganda supported your point at the very least. I haven't seen a post about it?

It's kind of an incidental point really.

The point of the photo is not "Look what Trump did to one girl". It's just a strong image that makes a point.

If there was a poster of Hitler like that with a random jewish child who wasn't actually in a concentration camp it wouldn't change the facts of what happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nox wrote: »
    OK … my opinion is that I will assume nothing.  What you are trying to do is go off on some tangent.  I stand by what I have twice previously stated … many people can cry on demand.  Once before I stated that I was not there and I have no idea what the crying was about.  All of the hypotheticals which are being tossed my way are just that … hypothetical.  And some recording played on a supposed 'news channel' proves nothing other than crying.  Another poster stupidly asked about myself and 4-year-olds.  Yep, been there and done that … also have had the misfortune of listening to temper tantrums.  Lots of crying there in case you haven't yet had the misfortune of being around one.  Oh yeah, I've also heard the crying from the "will work for food" panhandlers wearing their Nike's and cargo pants.  Talk about crying on demand.

I don't need to or want to know YOUR opinion … you've made it crystal clear already.  BTW … have you been to the border to get a first hand look or are you just gobbling up the press pablum?
    Jesus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Nox wrote: »
    OK … my opinion is that I will assume nothing. What you are trying to do is go off on some tangent. I stand by what I have twice previously stated … many people can cry on demand. Once before I stated that I was not there and I have no idea what the crying was about. All of the hypotheticals which are being tossed my way are just that … hypothetical. And some recording played on a supposed 'news channel' proves nothing other than crying. Another poster stupidly asked about myself and 4-year-olds. Yep, been there and done that … also have had the misfortune of listening to temper tantrums. Lots of crying there in case you haven't yet had the misfortune of being around one. Oh yeah, I've also heard the crying from the "will work for food" panhandlers wearing their Nike's and cargo pants. Talk about crying on demand.

I don't need to or want to know YOUR opinion … you've made it crystal clear already. BTW … have you been to the border to get a first hand look or are you just gobbling up the press pablum?

Want to give me your credit or debit card details? I might just want to add up the numbers, I could buy something, maybe I just like having a list of numbers. All hypotheticals and we don't want to make asses of anyone by assuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Christy42 wrote: »

Hang on where have I defended Trump ? probability skews the statistics. And the statistics don't lie.

Yeah when you cherry pick them they do. If you are white the odds of being shot by the police are lower (less black people to begin with so in absolute terms less get shot). Hence your cherry picked data. Never hear lies, damned lies and statistics as your line largely runs into it.

Yeah you have not directly defended Trump. That was my point. You do it indirectly because he is indefensible. You cast doubts on the tapes of children crying in spite of everyone including Trump accepting it with ridiculous arguments. When the discussion is brought to Trump going on a rant about immigrants the topic is quickly switched to anything but Trump. Why avoid Trump's racism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Tom Arnold trolling the sh1t out of Trump on CNN.
    Apparently he's making a documentary with Michael Cohen.

Says Trump has disrespected Cohen and his family.
    Saying he has the full story, tapes and all and addressing Trump directly to camera - "I'm spending the weekend with Michael Cohen.
    Hope you and Ivanka can sleep tonight"..

Grade A trolling if nothing else, but hopefully an indication that Cohen has flipped.

Edit:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/michael-cohen-tom-arnold-trump-tapes-2018-6?r=US&IR=T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

Surprised that the devotees of Mrs. Clinton haven't reminded us that she's in Dublin. Talking the usual grass growing agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

mattser wrote: »
    Surprised that the devotees of Mrs. Clinton haven't reminded us that she's in Dublin. Talking the usual grass growing agent.

Well this the Donald trump thread. Im sure you could update us on Mrs Clintons schedule in a Hillary Clinton thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The only devotees of Mrs. Clinton are the likes of you who bring her up each and every chance you get.

Its pathetic, and funny.

Not as pathetic as many of the posts from the other one who thinks they are significantly more intelligent than the evidence suggests, but a good second place rather than a distant one.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Well this the Donald trump thread. Im sure you could update us on Mrs Clintons schedule in a Hillary Clinton thread.

I would if people thought she was worthy of one.

The only devotees of Mrs. Clinton are the likes of you who bring her up each and every chance you get.

Its pathetic, and funny.

Not as pathetic as many of the posts from the other one who thinks they are significantly more intelligent than the evidence suggests, but a good second place rather than a distant one.

Can you translate that into English, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

mattser wrote: »
    I would if people thought she was worthy of one.

Go ahead so. No one's stopping ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The point of the photo is not "Look what Trump did to one girl". It's just a strong image that makes a point.

If there was a poster of Hitler like that with a random jewish child who wasn't actually in a concentration camp it wouldn't change the facts of what happened

But it's just more fuel for Trump and his base with the theme that their is a fake news conspiarcy out there to get him.

Surely they could have done better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Here's a video of trump holding up a photo of a murder victim which he has autographed and jokes about the guys looks.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1010238401549873164?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

lol. How the hell could it be incidental? It's outright propaganda.

Ah yes, invoke Hitler and the Nazis.

The image is suggesting that Trump is responsible for something he is not. If someone had done this in the Obama campaign, liberals would have been up in arms, asking if the family gave permission for the child's image to be used, along with the usual sanctimonious hand wringing.

This isn't the only example of this in recent times either. Photos of children in enclosed cages were circulated recently as an example of Trump's 'cruel policies towards immigrants' but the images were in fact from 2014.

Getting desperate of late. Barrel scraping is never a good look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Nox

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Are you really saying Nox that you couldn't envisage children without their parents crying without being done on purpose?

Seriously, that you would need to be in that situation to see if it was possible.

You don't need to assume anything.  We know that children are heavily reliant on having the knowledge that their parent is close by.  Even when playing they will look occassionally to ensure that the parent is still around.  And that they become panicked and scared when lost.

Have you never witnessed a child separated from its parent in a shopping centre?

It is simply not credible for you to claim any of that.  The only conclusion is that you are avoiding admitting it as it doesn't suit the narrative you are trying to state.

What you need is the full story behind the Time magazine cover.  The media is so convoluting this story that it is clouding what is really going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement