Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Nox

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/393581-rhode-island-bill-would-keep-trump-off-2020-ballot-unless-he-filed-his

Interesting one. A Rhode island bill has been put forward stating that no candidate may be put on a ballot without releasing 5 years of tax returns.

Can't see trumpy being too happy about that!!!

Hmmm … a totally blue state.  I'm sure President Donald J Trump will consider suicide because of it.

dpd666 wrote: »
    Sure.

So are you saying that is factually inaccurate ? The FBI and crime statistics don't lie. As a black person in a black neighbourhood I would be more worried about being shot or assaulted by a fellow black person than some random white guy.

Do you remember the Jesse Jackson speech about 'Big Bad Brother'?  Even the "civil rights" leaders agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fox News - these kids are being treated well, idea like summer camp for then.

Red Cross -

https://twitter.com/RedCross/status/1009481745186590721?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

20Cent wrote: »
    Here's a video of trump holding up a photo of a murder victim which he has autographed and jokes about the guys looks.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1010238401549873164?s=19
    Bizzare behaviour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

mattser wrote: »
    Can you translate that into English, please?
    You need that translated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

lol. How the hell could it be incidental? It's outright propaganda.

Ah yes, invoke Hitler and the Nazis.

The image is suggesting that Trump is responsible for something he is not. If someone had done this in the Obama campaign, liberals would have been up in arms, asking if the family gave permission for the child's image to be used, along with the usual sanctimonious hand wringing.

This isn't the only example of this in recent times either. Photos of children in enclosed cages were circulated recently as an example of Trump's 'cruel policies towards immigrants' but the images were in fact from 2014.

Getting desperate of late. Barrel scraping is never a good look.
    Nox wrote: »

What you need is the full story behind the Time magazine cover.  The media is so convoluting this story that it is clouding what is really going on.
    Are you actually trying to make the case that the events of the last week didn't occur or that there is some confusion over what occurred? The administration was boasting about it right up until it had to do a massive u-turn after public outrage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

mattser wrote: »
    Can you translate that into English, please?

It is pretty simple English, if you can't understand it I'm afraid the problem is on your end and it would be unfair to expect people to spoon feed you information.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Tom Arnold trolling the sh1t out of Trump on CNN.
    Apparently he's making a documentary with Michael Cohen.

Says Trump has disrespected Cohen and his family.
    Saying he has the full story, tapes and all and addressing Trump directly to camera - "I'm spending the weekend with Michael Cohen.
    Hope you and Ivanka can sleep tonight"..

Grade A trolling if nothing else, but hopefully an indication that Cohen has flipped.

Edit:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/michael-cohen-tom-arnold-trump-tapes-2018-6?r=US&IR=T

Sure Tom Arnold has been chasing "the tapes" since the Access Hollywood recording came out. Was supposed to be doing a show with Vice. He didn't seem particularly well in his latest TV appearances.

Hmmm … a totally blue state. I'm sure President Donald J Trump will consider suicide because of it.

Yeah, there was talk of states introducing systems where the winner of the national popular vote would get the state's electoral college votes. Haven't heard much of it lately. Both proposals seem very reactionary.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Tom Arnold trolling the sh1t out of Trump on CNN.
    Apparently he's making a documentary with Michael Cohen.

Says Trump has disrespected Cohen and his family.
    Saying he has the full story, tapes and all and addressing Trump directly to camera - "I'm spending the weekend with Michael Cohen.
    Hope you and Ivanka can sleep tonight"..

Grade A trolling if nothing else, but hopefully an indication that Cohen has flipped.

Edit:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/michael-cohen-tom-arnold-trump-tapes-2018-6?r=US&IR=T

Yeah he was chasing "the tapes" since the access Hollywood recording came out. Supposed to be doing a show with Vice. The poor chap seemed quite disturbed on the clips I have seen. Wouldn't be so sure if that was purposeful trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

What you need is the full story behind the Time magazine cover.  The media is so convoluting this story that it is clouding what is really going on.

Trump himself has said it's a bad thing and signed something to supposedly stop it. A tough thing about supporting trump is one day you're saying something didn't happen or it isn't an issue the next day he's reversed his position and the opposite is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Are you really saying Nox that you couldn't envisage children without their parents crying without being done on purpose?

Seriously, that you would need to be in that situation to see if it was possible.

You don't need to assume anything.  We know that children are heavily reliant on having the knowledge that their parent is close by.  Even when playing they will look occassionally to ensure that the parent is still around.  And that they become panicked and scared when lost.

Have you never witnessed a child separated from its parent in a shopping centre?

It is simply not credible for you to claim any of that.  The only conclusion is that you are avoiding admitting it as it doesn't suit the narrative you are trying to state.

So you think the story is made up or exaggerated? Which part?
    That children were taken away from their parents?
    That they were put in camps?
    That they cried because they were scared and alone?

Because if you really do believe its all fake news, then why did Trump buckle under the pressure and give in?

He even went as far as having a PR signing of an EO to sort out a made up problem.

Thats your position?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

Please processing hamsters, can I post in here at least? What foul things did that link do to you?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

lol. How the hell could it be incidental? It's outright propaganda.

Ah yes, invoke Hitler and the Nazis.

The image is suggesting that Trump is responsible for something he is not. If someone had done this in the Obama campaign, liberals would have been up in arms, asking if the family gave permission for the child's image to be used, along with the usual sanctimonious hand wringing.

This isn't the only example of this in recent times either. Photos of children in enclosed cages were circulated recently as an example of Trump's 'cruel policies towards immigrants' but the images were in fact from 2014.

Getting desperate of late. Barrel scraping is never a good look.

So its all the 'Liberals' fault. Fascinating . Have you ever heard of Jeff Sessions?

Are you really saying Nox that you couldn't envisage children without their parents crying without being done on purpose?

Seriously, that you would need to be in that situation to see if it was possible.

You don't need to assume anything.  We know that children are heavily reliant on having the knowledge that their parent is close by.  Even when playing they will look occassionally to ensure that the parent is still around.  And that they become panicked and scared when lost.

Have you never witnessed a child separated from its parent in a shopping centre?

It is simply not credible for you to claim any of that.  The only conclusion is that you are avoiding admitting it as it doesn't suit the narrative you are trying to state.

So you think the story is made up or exaggerated?  Which part?
    That children were taken away from their parents?
    That they were put in camps?
    That they cried because they were scared and alone?

Because if you really do believe its all fake news, then why did Trump buckle under the pressure and give in?

He even went as far as having a PR signing of an EO to sort out a made up problem.

Thats your position?

You might want to reread what I wrote about getting the full story on the cover of Time magazine.  The picture on the cover is photo-shopped to justify an agenda.  The girl was not 'ripped' from her mother.  The girl was ALWAYS with her mother.  The girls mother had previously been deported.

The rest of your tripe is put in to obfuscate what I said.

You might consider taking a reading comprehension course.

You might want to reread what I wrote about getting the full story on the cover of Time magazine.  The picture on the cover is photo-shopped to justify an agenda.  The girl was not 'ripped' from her mother.  The girl was ALWAYS with her mother.  The girls mother had previously been deported.

The rest of your post is absolutely spot on

Fixed your post.
    You're welcome.

So there are numerous rumours that in the Cohen's tapes, DJT uses the n word reportedly.

Speculating here, what do you think the political reaction to that would be? Explosive, or barely a blip.

everlast75 wrote: »
    So there are numerous rumours that in the Cohen's tapes, DJT uses the n word reportedly.

Speculating here, what do you think the political reaction to that would be? Explosive, or barely a blip.

Would dominate the news for about a week with this administration. Imagine there have been lessons learnt from the access tapes, in that it would be a week or two before elections that they are released.

Still remember rumours in 2016 about tapes featuring n words doing the rounds. Might be something too it or it might be phantoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

But it's just more fuel for Trump and his base with the theme that their is a fake news conspiarcy out there to get him.

Surely they could have done better than that.

Anyone who still supports Trump is not really for turning anyway.

Do you remember the Jesse Jackson speech about 'Big Bad Brother'? Even the "civil rights" leaders agree with you.

Were you at Jesse Jacksons speech yourself?

You might want to reread what I wrote about getting the full story on the cover of Time magazine. The picture on the cover is photo-shopped to justify an agenda. The girl was not 'ripped' from her mother. The girl was ALWAYS with her mother. The girls mother had previously been deported.

Sorry, how do you know what happened to the girl? Where you there? You've already stated how you cannot believe something unless you were actually there to witness it. You wouldn't want to assume now would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Time mag was stupid or just plain lazy. They used a photo of a crying toddler to make a point. The child was used in the photo as a representative child for Trump's change of policy that had resulted in 2,000+ children being taken from their parents since April. It's been know for some days that the child in the photo was not one of those forcibly removed. Accordingly, an otherwise interesting commentary on current events fell into the category of mis-reporting or outright 'fake news'.

If Trump is to be accused (correctly in my view) for misrepresenting facts or outright lying, then those who make that accusation ought to be squeaky clean themselves. On this occasion, Time fcuked up big-Time! No excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Gas.
    Being more outraged about a photo than this heartless policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It's just the continuous level of stupidity in this administration that keeps the criticism going. Constant lies, and when you see the First Lady visiting an immigrant camp with "I Don't Care" on the back of her jacket, then there isn't much left to say, honestly. Imagine what Fox News would've said if Michelle Obama had done that. Crazy times we live in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Poor ould Tom Arnold!! Clearly, a couple of years married to Roseanne Barr does nothing for either your credibility or sanity. Mind you, it was a good story for a few days. I'd say it fairly blew the wind up Rudi's skirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Gas.

Yeah, tGOP snowflakism at its worse. While the POTUS jokes around at a media event he created with the families of deceased crime victims. Perhaps someone failed to give him his 'feelings' card like the one he had during the meeting with the Parkland survivors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

It almost feels like when a police team are trying to prosecute a gang of criminals - the police have to dot every i, cross every t and never ever do anything that could be construed as cutting corners in the process of building a case for fear of destroying the whole thing, whereas the criminals can do whatever the hell they like to avoid being caught because they are fecking criminals and that's just what they do - this latest kefuffle over the Time magazine cover is an example of what I mean.

The standard of behaviour expected of Trump and the GOP is laughably, ridiculously lower than that expected of the mainstream media.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

B0jangles wrote: »
    It almost feels like when a police team are trying to prosecute a gang of criminals - the police have to dot every i, cross every t and never ever do anything that could be construed as cutting corners in the process of building a case for fear of destroying the whole thing, whereas the criminals can do whatever the hell they like to avoid being caught because they are fecking criminals and that's just what they do - this latest kefuffle over the Time magazine cover is an example of what I mean.

The standard of behaviour expected of Trump and the GOP is laughably, ridiculously lower than that expected of the mainstream media.

Similarly, if the police aren't seen to be above board their careers will be over and their families will leave them, because they hold each other to a certain standard, whereas the criminals' cohorts won't care.

If the Democrats lowered themselves to the level of the Republicans , they'd haemorrhage support, while the core of the Republicans' don't really have any standards of decency to which they hold people, so it doesn't matter a fig what they get up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

everlast75 wrote: »

My money's on one of two responses:
    1) "lol, snowflake libs, it's just a word! Muh free speech!"
    2) "But we get racial epithets too! One brown person said I think mayonnaise is too spicy!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

This is what you originally posted
    What you need is the full story behind the Time magazine cover. The media is so convoluting this story that it is clouding what is really going on.

I am asking you what you think the has been convoluted and clouded the real story.

I asked you which part of the media narrative you disagreed with. You failed to answer any of it.

So I ask again, if the story is not as being reported then why do you think Trump crumbled under the pressure? Is he so weak that in the face of such lies he simply gives in on a key plank of his administrations policy.

That he was so quick to turn his back on all those people that are being effected by such terrible rates of crime.

So which is it. Is the story made up and Trump has been shown as a pathetically weak leader or is the story true, and Trump has been shown to be totally wrong in his judgement?

What is it that is really going on? It has already been explained to you that the picture is not the real issue, it presents the situation. You do realise that there is not actually going to be a picture of Trump standing beside one of the children locked in the camps?

And remember this quote from SHS
    "Whether it's a real video, the threat is real," she said, and the president's "goal is to promote strong border security and strong national security."

Can you give your version of the story and how it has been clouded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

B0jangles wrote: »

This is more akin to the Police knowingly using false evidence in a deceitful and dishonest way to try to influence a Jury.To try to portray it as forgetting to dot an i or cross a t is a stretch at best. It was a deceitful and deliberate attempt to push their message.

Oh, and lets not forget this wonderful parent fled from NO significant, individual, personal risks ... did not tell her husband she was leaving, and abandoned 3 other of her children ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Gas.

The Time cover never mentioned the policy. It says "Welcome to America". This is a photo of a girl who was stopped with her family crying while they were being detained. The photo is completely appropriate and correct in that context. Not sure what the issue is over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement