Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

I wonder what this is

"There are few things more gratifying in my role as an advocate than when a whistleblower trusts me with explosive information (docs, images, etc.) and looks to me to ensure it is released for maximum impact for the public good. Today is another such day. #BuckleUp #Basta"

just now on Avenatti's feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Nox

Thargor wrote: »
    Nox wrote: »
    OK … my opinion is that I will assume nothing.  What you are trying to do is go off on some tangent.  I stand by what I have twice previously stated … many people can cry on demand.  Once before I stated that I was not there and I have no idea what the crying was about.  All of the hypotheticals which are being tossed my way are just that … hypothetical.  And some recording played on a supposed 'news channel' proves nothing other than crying.  Another poster stupidly asked about myself and 4-year-olds.  Yep, been there and done that … also have had the misfortune of listening to temper tantrums.  Lots of crying there in case you haven't yet had the misfortune of being around one.  Oh yeah, I've also heard the crying from the "will work for food" panhandlers wearing their Nike's and cargo pants.  Talk about crying on demand.

I don't need to or want to know YOUR opinion … you've made it crystal clear already.  BTW … have you been to the border to get a first hand look or are you just gobbling up the press pablum?
    Jesus...

My screen name, Nox, is not my real name.  This is the first time I have been identified with a name associated with a deity.  I guess I should take it as a genuine compliment, however, if you try praying in my name, your chances of getting past St. Peter are greatly diminished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,986 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sarah Huckabee Sanders and her party of 7 were removed from an eatery in Lexington last night called the Red Hen. The owner cited his strong moral convictions in refusing to serve her.

Naturally, Trump supporters who pride themselves on political incorrectness and the ability to refuse hardware and wedding cake access to gays took this news on the chin - leaping on review sites like Yelp and spamming bad reviews of which included onerous claims like the restaurant cooked and served baby parts. Naturally, liberals were mocked for being intolerant and outlandish claims that businesses have no right to refuse service, with no sense of irony whatsoever.

everlast75 wrote: »
    So there are numerous rumours that in the Cohen's tapes, DJT uses the n word reportedly.

Speculating here, what do you think the political reaction to that would be? Explosive, or barely a blip.

Should it happen that the 'numerous rumors' are true, then an 'October surprise' will certainly manifest itself. However, until that time, this is nothing more than the 24/7 hate the POTUS blather from the left.  BTW … there is no punishment for the rumor spreaders should the rumors prove false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

… there is no punishment for the rumor spreaders should the rumors prove false.

Just as well - DJT would be in even more bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Overheal wrote: »
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders and her party of 7 were removed from an eatery in Lexington last night called the Red Hen. The owner cited his strong moral convictions in refusing to serve her.

Naturally, Trump supporters who pride themselves on political incorrectness and the ability to refuse hardware and wedding cake access to gays took this news on the chin - leaping on review sites like Yelp and spamming bad reviews of which included onerous claims like the restaurant cooked and served baby parts. Naturally, liberals were mocked for being intolerant and outlandish claims that businesses have no right to refuse service, with no sense of irony whatsoever.

Poor Sarah! She tries to get some downtime from licking the Orange Chicken in the WH, and ends up in the Red Hen where the owner gives her the Bird. Wouldn't ya have to feel pity for her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The Time cover never mentioned the policy. It says "Welcome to America". This is a photo of a girl who was stopped with her family crying while they were being detained. The photo is completely appropriate and correct in that context. Not sure what the issue is over it.

They need to make an issue out of it. Anything will do. Gotta keep that victim-narrative going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I'm as anti Trump as they come but this was unnecessary. She was just there to eat and she behaved like a vanilla punter. It will now be dragged out any time a bigoted business runs out gays etc.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You might want to reread what I wrote about getting the full story on the cover of Time magazine.  The picture on the cover is photo-shopped to justify an agenda.  The girl was not 'ripped' from her mother.  The girl was ALWAYS with her mother.  The girls mother had previously been deported.

The rest of your tripe is put in to obfuscate what I said.

You might consider taking a reading comprehension course.

This is what you originally posted
    What you need is the full story behind the Time magazine cover.  The media is so convoluting this story that it is clouding what is really going on.

I am asking you what you think the has been convoluted and clouded the real story.

I asked you which part of the media narrative you disagreed with.  You failed to answer any of it.

So I ask again, if the story is not as being reported then why do you think Trump crumbled under the pressure?  Is he so weak that in the face of such lies he simply gives in on a key plank of his administrations policy.

That he was so quick to turn his back on all those people that are being effected by such terrible rates of crime.

So which is it.  Is the story made up and Trump has been shown as a pathetically weak leader or is the story true, and Trump has been shown to be totally wrong in his judgement?

What is it that is really going on?  It has already been explained to you that the picture is not the real issue, it presents the situation.  You do realise that there is not actually going to be a picture of Trump standing beside one of the children locked in the camps?

And remember this quote from SHS
    "Whether it's a real video, the threat is real," she said, and the president's "goal is to promote strong border security and strong national security."

Can you give your version of the story and how it has been clouded?

I do not read Time … therefore I cannot/will not comment on the narrative.  I stand by my comments on the cover.  Now it is your turn to comment on the cover since apparently you have read the article.

"crumbling under pressure" ???  What a silly comment.  According to this logic (or lack thereof), every Presidential decision by any President in the history of our country would be guilty of "crumbling under pressure".  This includes FDR's speech to Congress after Pearl Harbor.  I say again … What a silly comment.

Your idiotic trolling is beginning to bore me.  Since it is still Saturday, I suggest you go to the Pub/beer joint (whatever they call it in your part of the woods) and tip a few.  Have a nice evening.

Corkblowin wrote: »
    … there is no punishment for the rumor spreaders should the rumors prove false.

Just as well - DJT would be in even more bother

I am assuming that you are not an American so the phrase 'more bother' is slightly beyond me.  Does it mean 'more trouble'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Your idiotic trolling is beginning to bore me. Since it is still Saturday, I suggest you go to the Pub/beer joint (whatever they call it in your part of the woods) and tip a few. Have a nice evening.

It's pub, in our part of a civilised country. And Saturday has nothing to do with it. We go any time.
    And if you are bored you are free to debate with more interesting people in "your part of the woods".
    I am assuming that you are not an American so the phrase 'more bother' is slightly beyond me.  Does it mean 'more trouble'?

Did it occur to you that this is an Irish discussion board? As in Ireland, Europe?
    Learn the language if you want to keep up.

And please stop hollering in bold, big script. This is not hillbilly country.

As for the Time cover: Symbolism is a strong way to communicate an issue that otherwise is lost on more, let's say, simple minds. It's an art form.
    Your attempts to distract from the issue by desperately digging for something that diminishes it, because in your mind your country, your hero DT can do no wrong, is just sad. SAD!

And finally, calling comments silly, stupid, boring, idiotic isn't exactly a way to make your own arguments more credible.

So do you have anything to offer regarding questions and debate points made on this thread?

I didn't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

strandroad wrote: »
    I'm as anti Trump as they come but this was unnecessary. She was just there to eat and she behaved like a vanilla punter. It will now be dragged out any time a bigoted business runs out gays etc.

Yeah.

Apart from the fact that she treats reporters like something she found on the sole of her shoe, has hosted 1 press conference in 5 days, is dining out on wages paid by the tax payer, and has targeted that business via her government Twitter account as opposed to her personal one.. she is the real victim here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So you haven't read the story but decided you didn't like the picture so simply made up the stuff about convoluted.

You still have never answered which position you think was right. The new policy where they separate children, or the new EO that Trump signed.

If you can't even accept that Trump changed his mind due to pressure then I'm not sure you have mych understanding of what goes on in the world.

Do you think Trump simply got bored and decided to try a different approach. After having Sessions and Neilson both make fools of themselves by defending it. Not to mention his series of lies that only the Senate could fix it. Was that a lie or simply ignorance.

You have been dancing around these questions since yesterday. I get it. You put your stock behind Trump, going as far as claiming that no-one can really know if the kids were upset as we weren't there. And then Trump does a 180 on it leaving you swinging in the wind.

What I find depressing us that you seem more interested in trying to limit the damage to Trump than your own standing. Sure, this is only a forum, but try to have a bit of self respect.

If you have a position defend it, don't try to weasle out of it.

Carry wrote: »
    Your idiotic trolling is beginning to bore me.  Since it is still Saturday, I suggest you go to the Pub/beer joint (whatever they call it in your part of the woods) and tip a few.  Have a nice evening.

It's pub, in our part of a civilised country. And Saturday has nothing to do with it. We go any time.
    And if you are bored you are free to debate with more interesting people in "your part of the woods".

Did it occur to you that this is an Irish discussion board? As in Ireland, Europe?
    Learn the language if you want to keep up.

And please stop hollering in bold, big script. This is not hillbilly country.

As for the Time cover: Symbolism is a strong way to communicate an issue that otherwise is lost on more, let's say, simple minds. It's an art form.
    Your attempts to distract from the issue by desperately digging for something that diminishes it, because in your mind your country, your hero DT can do no wrong, is just sad. SAD!

And finally, calling comments silly, stupid, boring, idiotic isn't exactly a way to make your own arguments more credible.

So do you have anything to offer regarding questions and debate points made on this thread?

I didn't think so.

Your comments are noted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Trump - A politician that does what he says he will do.

Amen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Mexico paying for the wall?
    Chinese a currency manipulator?
    Drain the swamp?
    Repeal and replace Obamacare?

I get it that we all focus on the positives our whatever team we support, but that is such a blatantly untrue statement as to leave one with little credibility.

Even Trumps biggest critic would accept that he boggest achievement is getting people to believe what he says, no matter how often he changes what he means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,986 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You must be joking or haven't been paying any shred of notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Mexico paying for the wall?
    Chinese a currency manipulator?
    Drain the swamp?
    Repeal and replace Obamacare?

I get it that we all focus on the positives our whatever team we support, but that is such a blatantly untrue statement as to leave one with little credibility.

Even Trumps biggest critic would accept that he boggest achievement is getting people to believe what he says, no matter how often he changes what he means.
    Don't forget Infrastructure plan, too. Haven't heard much other than 'after the mid-terms'.

Why after the mid-terms? Infrastructure is 'crumbling' and "
    We will build gleaming new roads, bridges, highways, railways, and waterways all across our land. And we will do it with American heart, and American hands, and American grit."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

I wonder will they have to close for 'diversity training' now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

I am assuming that you are not an American ....,,.]

That’s funny - I assumed the same about you! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If you ever want a peak into the sheer ignorance of reality of Trump supporters, have a look at those who reply to his tweets.

Currently, in response to another "witch hunt" rant, a reply states that Mueller was an insurance policy put in place by Obama in case Trump won.
    So the republican President fires, of his own free will, a Republican investigating Russia interference with the election, which causes the nomination by Republicans of a Special Counsel, who is also Republican, but its Obama's fault!!!!

Try wrap your head around that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Trump approval rate among Republicans hits 90%. Well that's the party faithful taken care of.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/23/us/politics/republican-voters-trump.html

Will be interesting to see what happens circa September with the Russian investigation. From a bit of reading, seems that the Mueller investigation will go quiet in October so as to be seen to not be attempting to influence the mid terms.

Another key development is likely to be the results of the Mexican election. Could see the two countries relationship deteriorating further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Except when he doesn't, but then that's always someone else fault right?

I wonder though, when he outright lies who is to blame when he doesn't follow through it and simply flip flops

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭relax carry on

So anyway after a year and a half or so of Trump, where exactly is America on the world stage now. How goes Trumps Make America Great Again campaign? All I can see reported is damaged international relationships with long standing allies, new questionable relationships with long standing enemies, a looming international trade war, the rise of autocratic/fascist/racist tendancies/beliefs/actions in the US and the disintegration of verifiable media and fact based discussion. So where exactly are we now with Trump and what exactly is his end game if he actually has one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,723 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

So anyway after a year and a half or so of Trump, where exactly is America on the world stage now. How goes Trumps Make America Great Again campaign? All I can see reported is damaged international relationships with long standing allies, new questionable relationships with long standing enemies, a looming international trade war, the rise of autocratic/fascist/racist tendancies/beliefs/actions in the US and the disintegration of verifiable media and fact based discussion. So where exactly are we now with Trump and what exactly is his end game if he actually has one?

Seems to be going just fine to me, the military industrial complex is well setup for the next few years anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Amid all the top level ... controversy let's diplomatically call it, it's easy to miss all the shenanigans conducted by "the best people" Trump promised will head departments. So let's check in with Scott Pruitt (head of the EPA, despite spending many years suing the EPA while being supported by Fossil Fuel donations). It's a laundry list of low level corruption and political p*ss taking, but it includes:

Insisting on flying private or military(!) jets everywhere, or taking first class at the least. Via memos released he has claimed this is a security measure. Last June he & his entourage spent $90,000 alone on flights.

Had installed, at the cost of $43,000, a soundproof phone-booth in his office.

Requested $70,000 to install bulletproof desks in his office, as well as a bulletproof SUV

Already spent DOUBLE the amount than his predecessors on ... wait, personal security? Including $2,749.62 on "tactical pants and "tactical polos". Uhm... ?

$3.5 million is to the total, to be precise - but hey, MAGA, drain the swamp etc. etc.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/25/climate/epa-pruitt-security-costs.html

Splinter has a breakdown of most of the bigger ticket items that Pruitt has done, albeit the article itself links off to the actual news outlets' own reports. If you can ignore the editorialising the article indulges in, it's pretty staggering stuff - were this ANY other administration I suspect the guy'd be fired by now. Apart from anything else, the man comes off so colossally paranoid it's kinda amazing he's functional.

And all the above & below doesn't even factor the actual environmental & industrial rollbacks that have occurred at Pruitt's EPA, or attempts to stack the EPA with industry shills and mouthpieces.

https://splinternews.com/a-list-of-all-the-insanely-corrupt-****-scott-pruitt-ha-1826864212

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It's hard to keep up with the criminals in Trump's cabinet. We've got the EPA secretary who is simply a shill for big oil, the Interior secretary cutting deals with developers for land, and lest we forget the Secretary of Commerce, Wilbur Ross, who is in deep with the big boys, Trump, Putin and China: https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2018/06/18/lies-china-and-putin-solving-the-mystery-of-wilbur-ross-missing-fortune-trump-commerce-secretary-cabinet-conflicts-of-interest/#7314aceb7e87

Basically, Ross's finessed 'divesting himself' of his conflicting business interests by signing them over to his family (sound familiar?) while using his position to directly or indirectly benefiting his businesses. Business as usual under the Trump admin.

Fill the swamp! Fill the swamp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭derb12

The latest trump inc podcast from wnyc covers what we should know about wilbur Ross. Complete scandal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

Just as a matter of interest, when President Trump leaves office, who is your choice as his successor ? ( Addressed to everybody, really )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement