Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Assume they can't achieve any reduction in nuclear weapons with the Russians? Wouldn't be feasible till after the Mueller investigation wraps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

irishash wrote: »

Somehow I doubt it will be - deflect, deflect, deflect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

We were told by Trump and his supporters that the economy was a mess in 2015-16 yet now its booming despite the fact LESS jobs were created in 2017 than during the last six years of Obamas term!

Inflation continues to rise and many economists predict the US will see a recession by 2020 based on current policies.

And yes it takes at least 18 months maybe longer for a President to have major effect on the economy. Look at Bush Jr, economy was still great in 2003-04 with Dow at record levels and low unemployment. The biggest terrorist attack in US history barely effected things at all. Then in 2007 it all came crashing down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He sounds like Dr Evil every time he says billions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That lie about the Sun interview being fake news is shocking, hilarious that one of the reporters that conducted it was in the crowd, he really struggles to go a few sentences without lying, its amazing:

https://twitter.com/Claire_Phipps/status/1017532230875467776

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

(Not to mention that Scotland voted to remain)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Id hazard a guess that you dont actually understand the implications of the numbers and what they mean.
    A slight rise in inflation coupled with rising wages in a near 'fully' employed economy is far better option than the prior administration of low inflation no wage growth and high unemployment. The Fed had in fact been targetting, trying but failing to hit its 2% target for many years. They want to increase rates and reduce their balance sheet and have been waiting for healthy inflation.
    Do you have any posts you made expressing concern about the 7Trillion Obama actually added to the debt (the highest $$ amount of any POTUS) , or are you only concerned with US debt cos its a something you percieve can be used to bash Trump ?
    The markets have not hit the panic button yet, the only ones pulling random economic numbers out of context and screaming look at this number , are the anti-Trumpers.

Get stuck in a lie and you're back to "What about Obama?" If Obama had sycophants on here blatantly lying about and misrepresenting his achievements I'd be calling them out too. You listed a whole load of metrics and stated they were positive. They are clearly not positive. Tell me exactly how increasing the deficit to a trillion annually and increasing debt by 10 trillion is a positive as you claim it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Trump is lying and even carries on lying with the evidence staring at him about opening Turnberry before the Brexit vote. The man is deluded as are the folk who defend him on this and the Sun story

https://twitter.com/BBCJonSopel/status/1017765319367159808

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Thargor wrote: »
    That lie about the Sun interview being fake news is shocking, hilarious that one of the reporters that conducted it was in the crowd, he really struggles to go a few sentences without lying, its amazing:

https://twitter.com/Claire_Phipps/status/1017532230875467776

This kind of stuff reminds me of my grandmother, who has dementia.

She'll start telling stories about how she had a conversation with my grandfather about how dangerous an area my family was moving into was, well after he died.

She knows he's dead. She nominally knows when it happened. When it comes to actually expressing her thoughts on the matter, her brain seems to blend together a series of memories with the point she's trying to make, and she doesn't have the wherewithal to determine whether it makes any sense.

The jumbled mess of Donald's expressed thoughts quite often falls along these lines. You do wonder sometimes, will we all feel a bit embarrassed about relentlessly slagging off such a man when we come to realise he's essentially a septuagenarian with a serious degenerative mental disability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Gbear wrote: »

She'll start telling stories about how she had a conversation with my grandfather about how dangerous an area my family was moving into was, well after he died.

She knows he's dead. She nominally knows when it happened. When it comes to actually expressing her thoughts on the matter, her brain seems to blend together a series of memories with the point she's trying to make, and she doesn't have the wherewithal to determine whether it makes any sense.

The jumbled mess of Donald's expressed thoughts quite often falls along these lines. You do wonder sometimes, will we all feel a bit embarrassed about relentlessly slagging off such a man when we come to realise he's essentially a septuagenarian with a serious degenerative mental disability.

Sorry to hear about your grandma, but Trump has been lying like this his whole life. He's never had anyone to correct him and he sure as hell doesn't now. I truly think that he is convinced that whatever comes out of his mouth is the truth, regardless of what he says. He's that narcissistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,035 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your grandma, but Trump has been lying like this his whole life. He's never had anyone to correct him and he sure as hell doesn't now. I truly think that he is convinced that whatever comes out of his mouth is the truth, regardless of what he says. He's that narcissistic.

I think it's a combination of that, and just repeating things he knows isn't true so in people's minds, it just becomes the truth.

But yeah, hilarious of him to call The Sun Fake News. I mean, most of the time he'd be absolutely right, but on this occasion he seems to have been badly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he did another flip later today and slated May and the Brexit approach once he is away from her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Gbear wrote: »

Sorry to hear that your grandmother is going through that.

Honestly, if it turns out the dude has dementia, the joke won't really be on him but on the people have constantly rushed to defend him and treated his utterances with the same kind of infallibility that hardline Catholics have for the pope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

He doesn't have dementia. He's just highly manipulative and populist political figure. These statements are designed to sow doubts, division, stir stuff up. They're very strategic. That's the worrying bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Great to see sky news showing up the ignorant loud mouth protestors in their true form today, an absolute disgraceful way to treat the US president regardless of who they are.

Nice to see Donald making some good progress on trade talks

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

EdgeCase wrote: »
    He doesn't have dementia, he's just highly manipulative and populist. These statements are designed to sow doubts, division, stir stuff up. They're very strategic. That's the worrying bit!

Nah, he's just a clown who's good at very superficial PR. He has that hallmark of bad leaders of basically spewing forth whatever was last explained to him on a topic. Add to that nationalism, racism and narcissism and that's what Trump is.

Great to see sky news showing up the ignorant loud mouth protestors in their true form today, an absolute disgraceful way to treat the US president regardless of who they are.

It's fair enough. Many things are more important than the US president.

Yeah, I'm sure the the brexit crowd now feel totally reassured knowing they have such a stable, secure trading partner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Midlife wrote: »
    It's fair enough. Many things are more important than the US president.

Yeah, I'm sure the the brexit crowd now feel totally reassured knowing they have such a stable, secure trading partner.

well they haven't got much else, atleast theres 6 more years of 'what you see is what you get' politics stateside for them to contend with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

well they haven't got much else, atleast theres 6 more years of 'what you see is what you get' politics stateside for them to contend with.

What you see is what you get? What does that mean?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is that what we saw yesterday that he thinks May is terrible PM and Brexit means there won't be a trade deal with the US, or todays what we saw of May is lovely and her Brexit plan is wonderful, or tomorrows what we'll see of how he predicted that the day before Saturday was a Friday?

• Advertisement

It's funny but the protests kind of reminded me of the Bush/Blair protests in London.

Remember when people with a clue said, 'this is a bad idea', 'there's no grounds for it', 'it'll destabilise the whole region'.

Go the Republician Party, right?

I mean if they didn't listen to people then, why would they now?

At least because of the isolationist and nationalist leanings of their current incarnation, this time when the dust clears, America will be the worst off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Trump has shown no respect for plenty of different people before he was president and during his presidency. The idea people should just respect him because of his title is nonsense.

If Trump wants respect , how about he gives some himself. Perhaps curbing the lying would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Leroy42 wrote: »

It's just sloganeering. Trump supporters will always view what Trump does as being the best thing ever. When he flips his position, that will also be the best thing ever. When he's rambling incoherently and nobody's sure what he means, he's just keeping everyone guessing and keeping his cards to his chest.

Do you think all presidents should be treated with respect? How about all US presidents? Or do you just mean Donald Trump?

Leroy42 wrote: »

The spin is I think 'uncomplicated'.

I could call it another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Her own tweet from the day disproves her statement, how would you be thick enough to even think you could lie about this and not get caught?:

https://twitter.com/ellievhall/status/1017792517868277760

Thargor wrote: »
    Her own tweet from the day disproves her statement, how would you be thick enough to even think you could lie about this and not get caught?

It is absolutely crazy to think Trump and his hangers on would think people would not notice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It is absolutely crazy to think Trump and his hangers on would think people would not notice

It's not, because in the bubble they won't. Simply more fake news to add to the pile.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

12 Russian military personnel have been indicted in the Mueller investigation. This indictment covers the DNC hack and seems to imply that there was no involvement from Seth Rich or someone working for Craig Murray and that it was in fact Russian military.

It also suggests that Guccifer 2.0 was not a Romanian lone wolf hacker as some were claiming here.

I really wish people would stop lying in their efforts to defend Trump online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement