Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Trump may exhibit symptoms of dementia
    or neurosyphilis maybe ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The NewYorker has done a deep dive (insofar as is possible) into the finances of Turnberry, the golf course Trump visited in Scotland. In short, it's a total money pit, with 200 million dollars ploughed into it ' but is barely making money back. With no smoking guns the article veers a little into the speculative bur does ask the fair question as to where Trump Org could possibly have found that cash :

https://www.newyorker.com/news-desk/swamp-chronicles/where-did-donald-trump-get-200-million-dollars-to-buy-his-money-losing-scottish-golf-club

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    So the Sun has released audio - no surprises what it confirms

As an aside, just came across this actual quote from him when he was a candidate - mindblowing that this man is the President

From a while ago in case anyone hasn't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Trump to Piers Morgan about Brexit -

‘We would make a great deal with the United Kingdom because they have product that we like,” Trump said. “I mean they have a lot of great product. They make phenomenal things, you know, and you have different names – you can say ‘England’, you can say ‘UK’, you can say ‘United Kingdom’ … the fact is you make great product, you make great things. Even your farm product is so fantastic.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,920 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

After this week's sh1tstorm, there are multiple sources resorting that Jordan and Nunes are working to bring impeachment proceedings against Rod, the assistant A.G.

Two of the most guilty looking reps.

Now, when the latest indictments state that the Russian intelligence officers were in contact with Americans, and it's believed one of them was a republican, odds on its one of these two boyos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Summary in Slate about the UK protests. Over 250,000 people. I like this line especially:

"In the midst of on incredibly turbulent week in British politics, the U.S. president brought the country the gift of unity."

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/07/u-k-protests-donald-trump-finally-gave-brits-something-to-agree-on.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,721 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Dampsquid wrote:
    ‘We would make a great deal with the United Kingdom because they have product that we like,†Trump said. “I mean they have a lot of great product. They make phenomenal things, you know, and you have different names – you can say ‘England’, you can say ‘UK’, you can say ‘United Kingdom’ … the fact is you make great product, you make great things. Even your farm product is so fantastic.â€

Jesus, that's embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    So the Sun has released audio - no surprises what it confirms

As an aside, just came across this actual quote from him when he was a candidate - mindblowing that this man is the President

That made my head hurt trying to read that....seriously it took me a couple of goes to read it:confused: it is complete gibberish and the ramblings of grade A bluffer who doesnt have a clue about what he is talking about.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Trump advised May to sue the EU, according to May. :confused:

What is wrong with this man?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44838028

May's expression is priceless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭amandstu

PropJoe10 wrote: »

She needs a bit of light relief. Did he offer the services of his personal lawyer too?

Are the intelligence agencies sh*tting themselves as to what he might say in private to Putin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The guy has the worst case of verbal diarrhea I’ve ever seen. It really seems like he Houston has no control over what comes out of his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

MadYaker wrote: »
    The guy has the worst case of verbal diarrhea I’ve ever seen. It really seems like he Houston has no control over what comes out of his mouth.

A real case of pot calling the kettle black.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

mattser wrote: »

Yeah, because a typo is exactly the same!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Thing is, someone on this very thread was only saying what amounted to this headline: all Trump knows is the same policy and behaviour he conducted while a businessman. He bullied, bluffed, cajoled and would threaten legal action over anything and everything; even during the campaign I lost track the number of times he'd make vague threats about suing folks that had slighted him, or simply reported the truth of his words / deeds. Yet history demonstrates that he's also quick to settle.

And if it wasn't a threat to sue, it was a mystery piece of evidence that'd prove his detractors wrong. Just to recall a couple: see the 'proof' he supposedly unearthed about Obama's lineage; the info he threatened to release over 'the truth' about Ted Cruz's wife; the Comey tapes that apparently contradicted the FBI chief's memoirs; the audio from The Sun interview; and those are just off the top of my head. He's a con-artist, pure and simple and I wish, I truly wish, some journalist in the Washington press pool would have the testicular fortitude to call him out on these obvious bluffs. Am actually surprised none of the British press did, as they'd have less to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

mattser wrote: »

If I was a kettle, they'd all be saying how great a kettle I was, genius kettle, the greatest at holding water. My mother had a kettle, she was like the smartest, she could hold two kettles at once. But all these guys are saying 'look at that guy, he's a pot' and they try to run me down and say I'm black because I'm the pot. I'm not black because I'd never take the knee. My legs are too straight. My doctor told me I've the straightest and greatest legs ever. Hillary's legs were all crooked like oh my God, how is that woman walking?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Serious question
    Are there genuine Trump supporters on here.
    I know there are devils advocates and trolls and people who think its fun to annoy what they perceive to be the snowflake liberals etc.
    But are there people who identify and support his policies, specifically his economic policies of light touch regulation low tax laissez faire policies which are geared towards making the mega rich richer.
    I could understand his appeal to greedy billionaires but outside of that group nobody benefits long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

pixelburp wrote: »
    Thing is, someone on this very thread was only saying what amounted to this headline: all Trump knows is the same policy and behaviour he conducted while a businessman. He bullied, bluffed, cajoled and would threaten legal action over anything and everything; even during the campaign I lost track the number of times he'd make vague threats about suing folks that had slighted him, or simply reported the truth of his words / deeds. Yet history demonstrates that he's also quick to settle.

And if it wasn't a threat to sue, it was a mystery piece of evidence that'd prove his detractors wrong. Just to recall a couple: see the 'proof' he supposedly unearthed about Obama's lineage; the info he threatened to release over 'the truth' about Ted Cruz's wife; the Comey tapes that apparently contradicted the FBI chief's memoirs; the audio from The Sun interview; and those are just off the top of my head. He's a con-artist, pure and simple and I wish, I truly wish, some journalist in the Washington press pool would have the testicular fortitude to call him out on these obvious bluffs. Am actually surprised none of the British press did, as they'd have less to lose.

They did. This was his response.

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1017720366892871680

Serious question
    I know there are devils advocates and trolls and people who think its fun to annoy what they perceive to be the snowflake liberals etc.
    But are there people who identify and support his policies, specifically his economic policies of light touch regulation low tax laissez faire policies which are geared towards making the mega rich richer.
    I could understand his appeal to greedy billionaires but outside of that group nobody benefits long term.

Have you seen the Daily Mail comments section? May is a traitor for disclosing T's private advice apparently

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5955441/Theresa-reveals-Donald-Trump-told-sue-EU-Brexit.html#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

amandstu wrote: »
    Have you seen the Daily Mail comments section? May is a traitor for disclosing T's private advice apparently

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5955441/Theresa-reveals-Donald-Trump-told-sue-EU-Brexit.html#comments

"I wish Trump negotiated Brexit for us", what madness is going on over there. They can't all be bots, are there really that many stupid people on the planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

amandstu wrote: »
    Serious question

Part of me wants to believe that it is Russia bots promoting the Trump agenda. But the it is the daily mail we are talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,619 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Its the Comments Section of a newspaper FFS.

Serious question

There are about 5 or 6.

They keep a low profile until something happens that can be misconstrued as "winning".

The hats that literally say MAGA are made in China ffs. Only people who can't see the utter ridiculousness in that buy into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

everlast75 wrote: »
    There are about 5 or 6.

They keep a low profile until something happens that can be misconstrued as "winning".

The hats that literally say MAGA are made in China ffs. Only people who can't see the utter ridiculousness in that buy into it

The knock off hats are made in the PRC. The official MAGA ones are made in California. Of course they're largely made by a Hispanic immigrant workforce...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If I was a kettle, they'd all be saying how great a kettle I was, genius kettle, the greatest at holding water. My mother had a kettle, she was like the smartest, she could hold two kettles at once. But all these guys are saying 'look at that guy, he's a pot' and they try to run me down and say I'm black because I'm the pot. I'm not black because I'd never take the knee. My legs are too straight. My doctor told me I've the straightest and greatest legs ever. Hillary's legs were all crooked like oh my God, how is that woman walking?

I read that in Stephen Colberts trump voice.

Water John wrote: »
    Its the Comments Section of a newspaper FFS.

I am not familiar with the comments sections of all the papers. Would it be your opinion that those comments are a decent reflection of the readership of the Mail?

The knock off hats are made in the PRC. The official MAGA ones are made in California. Of course they're largely made by a Hispanic immigrant workforce...

https://www.google.ie/amp/thehill.com/policy/finance/397048-some-maga-hats-made-in-china-may-increase-in-price-because-of-tariffs%3famp

I could be wrong but that's where I read it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-trump-hats-cali-fame-carson-20151124-story.html

About 80% of the company's workforce is Latino, Kennedy estimates. He says that every worker has his or her immigration status verified.

Somehow the distinction between “legal” and “illegal”immigrant keeps getting lost. Most Trump supporters don’t care about being immigrant or not, they care about being legally immigrant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭trellheim

Somehow the distinction between “legal” and “illegal”immigrant keeps getting lost

Maybe its because Trump never makes that distinction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭weisses

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-trump-hats-cali-fame-carson-20151124-story.html

About 80% of the company's workforce is Latino, Kennedy estimates. He says that every worker has his or her immigration status verified.

Somehow the distinction between “legal” and “illegal”immigrant keeps getting lost.

Tell that to the Man in charge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement