Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Are you really that naive and don't know how the world works? We live in a world order of us in the west and Russia and China and whoever else who opposes that world order. Most of this stuff is made up to push agendas and keep the arms industry in business.

Arms business like Trump is going around places like Saudia Arabia shilling for them. The ultimate New World Order agent. He has you conned into thinking he is an outsider. That is what they want you to think, our lizard overlords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Robert Mueller is an establishment guy he not neutral his a deep state politician.

Trump is putting up with this for two years now its a joke.

There no evidence Putin rigged the elections machines or rigged the debates or rigged votes. So collusion thing is nonsense. Voters who voted Trump saw a chance to boot out the establishment and they took the opportunity on election day.

Mueller is a Republican that's served under Democratic and Republican presidents. He's also made dozens of indictments now in his Special Counsel probe. Which makes what he's been doing relevant. I find it hard to believe that you actually think that Trump has been victimised here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

everlast75 wrote: »
    Everybody's fault bar Trump.

The mental gymnastics are incredible. Kudos

You have to prove substantially without a doubt that Russia influenced millions of America citizens to vote Trump. I don't see any evidence this happened.

There is a rumour Russia has a sex tape or perverted tape on him, but there literally nothing that proves that. Trump has shown his willingness to talk to Kim of North Korea. Are we going to say it was bad to negotiate for peace with them? do people prefer to continue increasing tensions with nuclear powers were the good in that in the end?

B0jangles wrote: »
    Check the post history; Cheerful Spring is not a Trump fan but he/she is probably Putin's No. 1 fan on boards.

I made a couple of jokes one time about the silly shirtless horseriding pictures Putin likes to make and Cheerful Spring was not amused

As to Trump, he is so far beyond parody at this point it's mindblowing, but you'll still find solid republican voters who'll openly tut-tut at what he does but who will solidly keep on voting republican because 'my taxes are so high!'

They'll think of themselves as good Americans while still voting for the party that has sold control of their country to whoever was willing to pay enough.

Maybe I don't fall into the traps most of you guys do and like you said I know fan of trump when I see him doing bad things I talk about it.

You mistook: confused me for someone else shirtless images of Putin, not my thing:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,616 ✭✭✭✭Water John

You do not have to prove the Russians influenced millions of Americans. Don't be setting a false bar.
    Anyone who attempted to interfere and anyone who gave them sustenance are in Muellers view.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

So he could be a murderer who pisses on prostitutes and has sex with little girls? The hyperbolic rhetoric about him is off the charts on this thread.

He's not a good President, there is plenty of legitimately bad stuff out there about him. But people are conflating reality with fantasy all too easy at this stage.

Is it really such a huge leap to think he might have been set up with 14/15 year olds? In Russia? By a former KGB agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

sabat wrote: »
    I'm beginning to wonder if something even worse exists like underage girls or a murder.

Murder is unlikely. This guy needs people to hold his hand taking stairs. The underage sex stuff, honestly, not unless he was hanging around with pedos. It's an angle that I'm not even going to bother with myself.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Mueller is a Republican that's served under Democratic and Republican presidents. He's also made dozens of indictments now in his Special Counsel probe. Which makes what he's been doing relevant. I find it hard to believe that you actually think that Trump has been victimised here.

Yes, I do because the election was between Hilary and Trump.

What evidence have you seen the election was rigged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Maybe I don't fall into the traps most of you guys do and like you said I know fan of trump when I see him doing bad things I talk about it.

You mistook: confused me for someone else shirtless images of Putin, not my thing:confused:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106438356#post106438356

(btw you're leaving out articles again -is not good english, ok?)

Is it really such a huge leap to think he might have been set up with 14/15 year olds? In Russia? By a former KGB agent?

North Korea has tape on him too? Trump was criticised for negotiating with him too they are all hoping he fails.

• Advertisement

There no evidence Russia did intervene in the election to help Trump. It insane that people think it's a bad thing Trump is trying to smooth ties with Russia. Why would Trump trust a democrat investigation into his election win? Is he supposed to jump up and down and welcome it? If there was evidence for collusion it would not take this long.

That's not true. You're saying things that aren't true. You are either misinformed and repeating things that you think are true or you're informed but saying things that aren't true even when you know that they are untrue.

Either way, you have no credibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I have an open mind about all of this. I think the outrage towards Trump is partially misguided. Conflating hearsay and fantasy with facts to target him seems like a silly way to attack someone.

I think he is a bad President, and wouldn't at all be surprised if he had a 'mysterious death' at this stage. The American Security Forces run America to a very large degree at this stage and he is an idiot to so openly put them down.
    To me, most evidence points to Trump not being very good at playing the Presidential 'game', which to me proves he is incompetent more than malicious in his dealings.

I'd much rather people were talking about how someone this bad became President in the first place, and try to think of ways of solving the underlying problems. This thread has nearly 30,000 posts, I've been a member of Boards for a good number of years and this is the most hysterical thread I've come across.

Tell me where i made one hysterical comment.

You, on the other hand, just posted that he might be assassinated! The irony is delicious.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Meanwhile, you keep making excuses for Trump (partially misguided) while deflecting (solving the underlying problems). How about you agree that he is a malignant, ignorant racist bully and address the facts of his presidency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Yeah it is a huge leap in thinking to make, very much so.

Being willing to have sex with a prostitute doesn't have any link to wanting to be with children. It's a ridiculous accusation to throw at someone with no evidence.

Stick with the facts about him, there's enough evidence to show he is a bad guy already.

North Korea has tape on him too? Trump was criticised for negotiating with him too they are all hoping he fails.

He already failed. Pompeo was snubbed while Kim went to see potatoes.

Never mind that he got nothing at all from the North Korea summit.

Yeah it is a huge leap to in thinking to make, very much so.

Being willing to have sex with a prostitute doesn't have any link to wanting to be with children. It's a ridiculous accusation to throw at someone with no evidence.

Stick with the facts about him, there's enough evidence to show he is a bad guy already.

I'm inclined to agree with you. The kiddly diddling is unconfirmed for now. There are enough provable things to work with.

Nothing failed until rockets starting flying again. They are still negotiating and sure North Korea will likely not give up its weapons anytime soon but I think it took guts to do this as the other presidents were afraid to talk with Kim. Maybe your that naive because war is hardly the better option.

Never mind that he got nothing at all from the North Korea summit.

Fake News! He got a nice letter and a promise that has been made around 10 times already to at least 3 other presidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 vVcCnN

When you get fixated on a single personality in politics, you're probably missing the bigger picture.

It's just politics everyone!

giphy.gif

Instead of using his ego as the explanation to everything, maybe look at the geopolitics. I think this video is another narrative to consider instead of the ego one for why Trump is so brazen - it's got to do with US energy - https://youtu.be/iNIPo_pZ7AI?t=7552.

I relation to todays events - here's what I think,

Russia alliance is useful to put pressure on Germany and the EU over oil, while Trump uses the NATO issue - and this should also help out the UK with their dealings with the EU. Russia will probably also help out Trump with guaranteeing success with North Korea. They could also put pressure on China in the trade war and its partnership with the EU

Iran would be cornered by Israel(USA), Syria(Russia) and Saudi Arabia, and the EU can't help it. All of them would seek for peace which is good for Trumps and Putin's image.

I think they both colluded and this was all part of the plan. I would say Putin has more on the Clintons, Soros and maybe Obama than he does on Trump. The way he challenges Mueller suggests everything is all planned out and it's only a matter of time before more dirt comes out - Trump know it too.
    https://youtu.be/iNIPo_pZ7AI?t=8185

Israel and Russia intelligence agencies are probably good at digging up dirt, and both of them probably interfered in the election especially on the propaganda front.

Because I don't like or care that much for any of the sides involved, I'm going to sit back and enjoy all the drama, twists & dirt that comes out of all of this and hopefully learn how politics REALLY work - nobodies a good guy or as innocent as they like to portray themselves to be - hope ALL sides get exposed in the long run :)

Ultimately we're all working on limited info, so it's just a matter of wait and see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,548 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Fake News! He got a nice letter and a promise that has been made around 10 times already to at least 3 other presidents.

Don’t forget that he also got to put forward the plans for hotels along the beaches of NK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

There no evidence Russia did intervene in the election to help Trump. It insane that people think it's a bad thing Trump is trying to smooth ties with Russia. Why would Trump trust a democrat investigation into his election win? Is he supposed to jump up and down and welcome it? If there was evidence for collusion it would not take this long.

OK. I'll try a different track. Would you expect the Russians to conveniently leave a trail of interference clues to their front door? On the basis of your "there's no evidence of interference so there's no need for an investigation" that's shot down by the chosen failure of the Hill and House GOP members to close down what you see and say is not needed. Maybe they actually suspect and fear that there may be something behind the interference claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Nothing failed until rockets starting flying again. They are still negotiating and sure North Korea will likely not give up its weapons anytime soon but I think it took guts to do this as the other presidents were afraid to talk with Kim. Maybe your that naive because war is hardly the better option.
    He declared it a success. Right now nothing has happened. Why did he declare it a success?

(Hint: he wanted credit for something no one could do and didn't want to have to actually do it. Talks will fizzle out slowly and go back to where we were a few months back but NK will have nukes).

It is interesting that they say hostility against allies is for maga but cosying up to dictators (and really being doormats for them) is about friendly relations.

The US presidents weren't afraid of meeting Kim. They didn't want the photo ops that provide legitimacy. Trump put Kim in a position whereby he can be perceived as a legitimate leader, much like I'm doing right now to make you look like a legitimate poster by interacting with you.

Trump got nothing out of that meeting and Kim was made to look legitimate internationally.That's not a good trade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Jesus. The contortions made in an effort to support Trump is almost Neo in The Matrix level.

Incredible

Yo, cheerful, what do you think about the arrest of Maria Butiina being arrested last Friday for working for Alexandr Torshin as a spy infiltrating the NRA?

Jesus. The contortions made in an effort to support Trump is almost Neo in The Matrix level.

Incredible

Check out the Salisbury thread and the 911 forum. It'll be enlightening.

aloyisious wrote: »
    OK. I'll try a different track. Would you expect the Russians to conveniently leave a trail of interference clues to their front door? On the basis of your "there's no evidence of interference so there's no need for an investigation" that's shot down by the chosen failure of the Hill and House GOP members to close down what you see and say is not needed. Maybe they actually suspect and fear that there may be something behind the interference claims.

Your mistake is taking him at face value. That's a mistake. Check his history.

Why would Trump trust a democrat investigation into his election win? Is he supposed to jump up and down and welcome it? If there was evidence for collusion it would not take this long.

Which Democrat investigation? Is there one that the Democrats control that I'm not aware of, but by some anomaly you've managed to be informed about?

astradave wrote: »
    Don’t forget that he also got to put forward the plans for hotels along the beaches of NK

That's just regular, run of the mill corruption. Not really a big deal in the age of Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Tell me where i made one hysterical comment.

You, on the other hand, just posted that he might be assassinated! The irony is delicious.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Meanwhile, you keep making excuses for Trump (partially misguided) while deflecting (solving the underlying problems). How about you agree that he is a malignant, ignorant racist bully and address the facts of his presidency?

I'm not making excuses for Trump nor am I deflecting. That's an unfair accusation to put towards me. I'm making the point that the level of vitriol directed towards him is over the top. He seems to have enraged so many people to the point of hysteria. I've never seen so much anger directed towards any other politician ever and that worries me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement