Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,279 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I did not say cage those kids, I meant give bird cages to those kids. Lil birdies tweet tweet

It wasn't me that tweeted it, it was the one armed man. When I came home there was a man in my house,he had one arm, find that man .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

What’s interesting to me how much the American left is ultra nationalistic. It’s unique in the developed western world. Accusations of treason, fetishing of the military or the secret services. The sheer inability to know the history of their own country’s involvement in the elections (and the overthrow of democracy) in dozens of countries, including Russia.

How can anyone believe I meant '' wouldn't instead of would'' . It's like an excuse a child would use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭amandstu

If the story was true I am amazed Putin didn't burst a blood vessel in his nose.

I know,Trump has turned diplomat this time.Lucky lying is second nature for him,he will get over this.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm at a loss for words to be honest. How can anyone believe that so much bullsh!t is reality?? I don't think Outlaw Pete's posts are genuine any more.

I once tended to a stable of horses that had contracted explosive diarrhea through Potomac Horse Fever.
    It was the largest outbreak ever and hundreds of horses were sick. No matter what you fed them, it came right back out again the other end.
    Everything had to be drained and taken away in tankers. It took weeks for the outbreak to die down.
    Thousands of gallons of liquid horse poo had to be taken and filled into a fenced-off, man-made lake because there was no pit or silo that could hold it.
    It was a gigantic, brown, stinking lake.
    And that was nothing compared to the amount horsesh*t coming from this poster. By orders of magnitude.

All of this reminds me of a British Conservative philosopher I read a few years ago. He was writing in the fifties and at a time when the empire was still a thing. It was old school British conservatism, anti communist, but not a free market fanatic. A one nation Tory. He was a fan of the Anglo Saxon system of laws where everything is legal unless legally banned (not all legal systems have that), and the lack of a formal constitution gave (he said) enormous flexibility and was exempt from judge made laws. Or conflicts.

His main point on US type constitutions, which are also common in southern and Central America, was that there was an inevitable conflict between the army and the executive. This can manifest itself in many ways - the executive ignoring a court decision, or stuffing the courts, or some other supposed anti constitutional act.

The army gives an oath to defend the constitution. If a president is acting anti constitutionally a coup is in fact mandated. Once that happens though faith in democracy is lost, the country tends to cycle between military and civilian rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

People on this board forget too easily intelligence services lied to the world about Iraq WMD and other things since 2003. Some of us have longer memories. A few fake facebook accounts supporting Trump is hardly going to sway 60 million Americans to vote for Trump. There absolutely nothing that's show people were swayed by the Russians to vote Trump. Frankly, even if the Russians did hack the DNC they did the world and US people a service as they highlighted deep corruption in the Democratic primary that's the real scandal. Why is CNN not going after these people? Maybe the democrats are disappointed their corruption was found out. They obviously are trying to switch focus off them to Trump.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm at a loss for words to be honest. How can anyone believe that so much bullsh!t is reality?? I don't think Outlaw Pete's posts are genuine any more.

trump like Regan before him will be a lobotimized puppet from now on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

People on this board forget too easily intelligence services lied to the world about Iraq WMD and other things since 2003. Some of us have longer memories. A few fake facebook accounts supporting Trump is hardly going to sway 60 million Americans to vote for Trump. There absolutely nothing that's show people were swayed by the Russians to vote Trump. Frankly, even if the Russians did hack the DNC they did the world and US people a service as they highlighted deep corruption in the Democratic primary that's the real scandal. Why is CNN not going after these people? Maybe the democrats are disappointed their corruption was found out. They obviously are trying to switch focus off them to Trump.

Nice try, but this doesn't work here. After hours and the Conspiracy Forum maybe a better outlet for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Shields up, deflect, deflect deflect!!!

That's the week's tactic it appears

Hurrache wrote: »
    Shields up, deflect, deflect deflect!!!

That's the week's tactic it appears

I think trump let the mask slip, he was meant to act brave in front of Putin but his alpha dog mask slipped

Nice try, but this doesn't work here. After hours and the Conspiracy Forum maybe a better outlet for you.

Isn’t the Russians hacked the US elections a literal conspiracy theory?

You can continue to believe in alternative reality of whats going on but some of us notice. Emails getting wiped from servers and withhold of servers to be looked at by the FBI is corruption. The emails that got leaked categorically showed the democratic primary was rigged for hilary. She was even given debate questions ahead of time for feck sake.

Isn’t the Russians hacked the US elections a literal conspiracy theory?

Where did you write hacked in the last post?

People all over the world are talking about the reprehensible damage that the Donald is doing to himself and America's standing in the world.

There's no denying any of that now. That's for sure

But the damage he has just done to his office that of the presidency, to international U.S.A diplomacy and to a basic common sense of decency is inestimable

You can continue to believe in alternative reality of whats going on but some of us notice. Emails getting wiped from servers and withhold of servers to be looked at by the FBI is corruption. The emails that got leaked categorically showed the democratic primary was rigged for hilary. She was even given debate questions ahead of time for feck sake.

You can create a Hillary Clinton Email thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

People on this board forget too easily intelligence services lied to the world about Iraq WMD and other things since 2003. Some of us have longer memories.

Which American intelligence services lied about Iraqi WMDs?
    A few fake facebook accounts supporting Trump is hardly going to sway 60 million Americans to vote for Trump. There absolutely nothing that's show people were swayed by the Russians to vote Trump. Frankly, even if the Russians did hack the DNC they did the world and US people a service as they highlighted deep corruption in the Democratic primary that's the real scandal. Why is CNN not going after these people? Maybe the democrats are disappointed their corruption was found out. They obviously are trying to switch focus off them to Trump

Maybe you don't trust the US security services' opinion on Russian interference in the election but The Donald certainly does according to his press conference today. You need to keep up.

You can create a Hillary Clinton Email thread.

It all linked why do you think the democrats are so upset with Russia they needed someone to blame. Let's ignore we are corrupt ourselves and start blaming Russia nobody will talk about how corrupt we are then. Who in the media talks about that anymore forgotten as if it never happened.

People all over the world are talking about the reprehensible damage that the Donald is doing to himself and America's standing in the world.

But the damage he has just done to his office that of the presidency, to international U.S.A diplomacy and to a basic common sense of decency is inestimable

That said I read an interesting article in the Times by Mathew Paris : he said the US are always bully boys behind the scenes anyway. Trump doesn’t work like that - and it’s not diplomatic, but it’s the same demands as from other US presidents just more vocal. The NATO 2% for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

What’s interesting to me how much the American left is ultra nationalistic. It’s unique in the developed western world. Accusations of treason, fetishing of the military or the secret services. The sheer inability to know the history of their own involvement in the elections (and the overthrow of democracy) in dozens of countries, including Russia.

I'm not sure how you worked out that the American left was involved in government-style change in Russia, unless you are thinking of Czarist Russia. I thought Ronald Reagan was partly responsible for the change-over from communism to democracy there.

aloyisious wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you worked out that the American left was involved in government-style change in Russia, unless you are thinking of Czarist Russia. I thought Ronald Reagan was partly responsible for the change-over from communism to democracy there.

Obviously I wasn’t taking about the American left in the second paragraph but America in general: its foreign policies.

Yet my twitter feed is full of US democrats treating a few guys tweeting as a massive affront.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

People have short memories.

If Trump found a cure for cancer in the morning he'd be criticised for not curing AIDS

The Democrats are horrified at the prospect of peace breaking out with Russia.

They've lost their minds. As has the media.

Trump is many things but a Russian colluding puppet commuting treason is utterly laughable.

I was always a supporter of the Democrats and never had time for the GOP

Now I see little difference between the two, both have gone to extreme levels of idiocy.

Which American intelligence services lied about Iraqi WMDs?

Maybe you don't trust the US security services' opinion on Russian interference in the election but The Donald certainly does according to his press conference today. You need to keep up.

CIA NSA MI6 they lied about Iraq having chemical factories. I remember clearly a Pentagon briefing or maybe it was the UN the brought photographs of one of these facilities and they told the world here they are making biological and chemical weapons. What they find out later it was a milk producing factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Obviously I wasn’t taking about the American left in the second paragraph but America in general: its foreign policies.

Yet my twitter feed is full of US democrats treating a few guys tweeting as a massive affront.

Are you saying that you think the US Democrat party is left wing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I’m utterly outraged to be honest.

How can I go about my normal life tomorrow and raise my kids after his comments???

Grow up folks he’s 1 person, life isn’t dictated by him.

I think the US outsourced the lies in the case of the Iraq war.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_Dossier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Do you think you can continue living after this huge revelation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

That rollback was painful to watch. Even in the rockiest moments of the Clinton and Bush administrations, I don't think I've ever seen a US President look so meek and powerless. His advisers clearly stressed to him the damage he caused and desperately attempted to stagehand that rollback which looked like the kind of scene that plays during the end credits of Veep.

Father Jack's "I'm so so sorry!" apology was more believable than that BS.

• Advertisement

Pa8301 wrote: »
    Are you saying that you think the US Democrat party is left wing?

I described them as the American left. You may not think they are left but they do. Since I think they are imperialist, ultra nationalist, falling over to defend the deep state I don’t rate their left wing credentials, but a lot of people here are not just anti trump but pro Hilary.

( the anti fa resistance isn’t much better.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement